Moscow Menace Press Conference

1. If you had the opportunity to change positions from/to F,D or G, Would you?

No I love the feeling of playing D and I take pride in playing a hard nosed defensive game.

2. Moscow Menace want to create a mascot! How would you design our mascot? What would its name be?

He would look like Vladimir Putin and his name would be Vlad.

3. Since Moscow will not sniff the playoffs, is there a team you're supporting on their quest for the cup?

No

4.  We are 8 points from hated rival Malmo! DO YOU HATE MALMO ENOUGH TO WIN OUT OF SPITE?! In reality what are you doing to win and get motivated?

I'm in the minors currently, so.

5. For those who have just been reading the box score, Moscow has taken a lot of penalties this season. What are some penalties you've seen the team taking and what do you like to do in the penalty box?

Cover the camera with a towel.

6. Why do you think Moscow is such a bi polar team, leading in both goals for and against?

Because we are young.

HELLO PARTY PEOPLE. 6 BRAND SPANKING NEW QUESTIONS FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT!

1. We are currently two points from the new expansion team and rival Malmo, Would it be better to tank for a higher pick or fight for pride?

2. When our season started, the team goal was to win 10 games. Are you excited we've nearly doubled that total?

3. Would you rather win a game 6-5 or 2-0 and why?

4. How do you celebrate after a win?

5. What has been the most surprising win we've had this season in your eyes?

6. What are your expectations for next season?

1. We are currently two points from the new expansion team and rival Malmo, Would it be better to tank for a higher pick or fight for pride?

I am a fan of high draft picks and it is the reasonable thing to do.

2. When our season started, the team goal was to win 10 games. Are you excited we've nearly doubled that total?

Yes we seem to be improving faster than expected

2-0 because I have a heart for goalies. 

I sleep in the next day as a reward

We had a couple of games were we suddenly won like 5:1 or something like that so I would pick one of those 

I hope we crack 25 wins next season

Play for Pride, as Herman Edwards famously said  " you play to win the game".   If i was a fan id say take the higher pick

Yes,  wining is awesome,  last year was rough.

6-5 as Im an offensive defensman so its good to win and pile up the points while doing so.

Have a nice glass of wine from the homeland.

The 7-0 win recently vs Vancouver.  Didn't think we could shut someone out they way we play. 

To at least compete for a playoffs spot.

Fight for the pride, for me. I don't think we're in dire need of high picks, although they are nice. Fuck Malmo Gang!

Very excited. I think we have performed admirably this season so far, and it's full speed ahead. We can be proud of this season.

Easily 6-5. More opportunity for me to hit the score sheet, if I'm being honest. Sorry Owen May, but a man's gotta eat.

I indulge in some high quality marijuana while relaxing in the Moscow airliner hot tub. 

We've had a couple, but I think we shutout Vancouver like 5-0 or 6-0. For me, that one was the biggest surprise win... I'd go look up the exact game in the sim, but I'm sitting in a hot tub right now.

I think playoffs are not too much to ask for, however my biggest expectation is from myself. I hope to keep my S66 form going into next season and the seasons beyond.

1. Moscow has fallen to last in the standings. Is there reasons for hope or is the season lost already?

I think the success of this season should be measured more by what we achieve in the next.

2. Who has stood out as the best player on this team?

Depends who you ask but purely stat wise it must be Jet Jaguar

3. Is there someone who's level of play has surprised you?

Jet Jaguar has performed much better than I think anyone could have anticipated

4.  Every team has a rival. Who would you consider to be Moscow's rival?

As far as I am aware it is malmö since they are also an expansion team.

5. If you were given the opportunity to redesign the Moscow Menace jerseys would you do it and what would your design be?

No I think I would not I really like the name of the team and the colour scheme so there is not really anything i can change.

6.  If you were to choose one area where the Menace needs to improve, what would it be? 

I think defense is something that we will have to work on in the future

On 6/4/2019 at 2:47 PM, FacebookFighter said:

1. I think at this point we're still getting a good pick either way so. It's nice to see some work paying off however little.

2. Honestly yes i am, we're a good young team and it's nice to show it.

3. I'll probably say 2-0 in the future. But seeing these gunning wins shows that we have an offensive presence even being overmatched.

4. Many many beers with the boys. In Moscow the vodka is free for us.

5. We've had quite a few this year but of recent mind a win over Davos was pretty important.

6. I think if all goes well and everyone stays active and we get some stellar drafting, looking at a playoff spot wouldn't be out of the question.

I'm sorry I've been taking longer and longer to put these out.

1. Sad News Everyone! Moscow has officially been eliminated from the playoffs today. Would you rather tank or play for pride?

2. We were the third team to be eliminated beating Seattle and rival Malmo. What are your feelings toward this accomplishment?

3. Some players have younger friends and often try to persuade the GM to draft their friends. Is there somebody you know that you have your eye on as draft day looms?

4. If you could take one player from rival Malmo who would you take?

5. What are your plans for the offseason?

6. There are six games remaining this season. What do you hope to accomplish in that time?

1. Sad News Everyone! Moscow has officially been eliminated from the playoffs today. Would you rather tank or play for pride?

Tank

2. We were the third team to be eliminated beating Seattle and rival Malmo. What are your feelings toward this accomplishment?

I hope that I can make the jump next year and help improve and make the playoffs.

3. Some players have younger friends and often try to persuade the GM to draft their friends. Is there somebody you know that you have your eye on as draft day looms?

Nope, I don't know much about the draft at all.

Nobody, hate those scumbags.

Earning TPE

6. There are six games remaining this season. What do you hope to accomplish in that time?

Improve as much as I can and help the team next year.

On 6/12/2019 at 2:49 PM, FacebookFighter said:

1. I mean tanking is probably for the best. But i always play for pride!

2. I think it shows just how much progress we've made in such a short period of time. 

3. Honestly i don't really know. I've been ship focused on the vhl alone i haven't had much time to check out this year's draft stock.

4. Probably Lynch or Materazo. Always good to have more wingers.

5. Getting right back to work, training to get better and have more of an impact.

6. I wanted to break 60 points this season and i did. So I'm pretty pleased with that.

I am already recovered from our tragic playoff elimination and am looking forward to the future. A high draft pick would help with that, so I'd go with tank.

Better than expected. I think we have set ourselves up to contend in the next few seasons here. Beating Malmo is always nice and Seattle is garbo.

I can't say that I do. I'm interested in a specific UFA who I think would fit into our lineup perfectly, though. He will remain nameless.

Probably JERRY GARCIA because he's actually a cool guy. Would have loved Odinsson as well, may he rest in peace.

Keep putting in that work with the PTs, VHL.coms, Trivias, Pressers, and hopefully not getting banned/muted on the VHL discord.

40 goals was my big hope going into the final stretch of the season. I think I scored my 40th in the final game, so that was a very nice way to end the season for me.

I don't mind, either way, we will have a bright future ahead of us.

I am happy we were eliminated after Malmö but its nothing to write home about.

No not really our GM has shown to that he is more than capable to make excellent picks and I trust him.

I dont want any of them they all suck :P 

I want to work on my defense as I feel I dont contribute enough to this teams success but I don't see much room to improve when it comes to offense.

I got to 70 points tying Dahlberg which was important to me.

On 6/12/2019 at 2:49 PM, FacebookFighter said:

On 6/4/2019 at 2:47 PM, FacebookFighter said:

Claiming 2 TPE 6/23

Hello Everyone! Sorry I missed last week, the missus was in town so believe it or not the VHL wasn't top priority.

1. Helsinki vs. Vancouver. Who do you think will win? Why?

2. What keeps you coming back to the VHL? Whats the most fun you have with the league

3. In the spirit of free agency, what do you think your value on the open market would be?

4. What is your overall opinion on your performance this season?

5. What is your opinion on the season as a team?

6.  Lets say we're betting on the odds of next seasons win total. Would you bet over/under for 30 wins from the Moscow Menace? Why?

On 6/25/2019 at 6:39 PM, FacebookFighter said:

Hello Everyone! Sorry I missed last week, the missus was in town so believe it or not the VHL wasn't top priority.

2. What keeps you coming back to the VHL? Whats the most fun you have with the league

3. In the spirit of free agency, what do you think your value on the open market would be?

6.  Lets say we're betting on the odds of next seasons win total. Would you bet over/under for 30 wins from the Moscow Menace? Why?

1. I think it's quite clear that it'll be Helsinki.

2. I love seeing the results on something I've built. I love hockey so much that i have it in almost every facet of myll life. Plus good people make for an entertaining read.

3. Somewhere in the middle. I wish i had more time and resources to be at the top. Maybe in the future that'll be something i can do.

4. I thought i performed well. I'd like to get my shooting % up maybe convert more on a few of those shots. Overall I'm happy though.

5. I think we took some huge strides forward and I'm very pleased with that. To think we were hoping for only 10 wins haha.

6. I think if things progress as they have been plus good drafting/free agency i don't see why not take the over.

Even though the series is over, I was kind of rooting for Vancouver over Helsinki. I made a theme week sig with the intention of cursing Helsinki, but it didn't work. Will need to re-calibrate my graphic curse for next playoffs.

2. What keeps you coming back to the VHL? Whats the most fun you have with the league?

I'm probably the wrong person to ask, because I was inactive on VHL from like S58 to S65. I'm a hockey fan, so that sort of keeps me interested in the sim and VHL has some classic character members who are always a treat.

No idea tbh. I can't remember the VHL pay structure. Do people even ask for money in FA? I thought you just got paid based on your tpe bracket?

Very very happy with my season. I want to thank my linemates and teammates because I couldn't have done it without them. I hope to win the Christian Stolzschweiger after my 40 goals/50 assists/90 points.

I think we over-achieved and the season was a success (especially since we won the draft lottery AFTER beating Malmo in the table) but I can't say I am ever happy or content with a season where I miss the playoffs, so it was disappointing in that regard. We will build on this season.

Over. With 26 wins this season, I think 30+ is easily obtainable. All it would take is to turn half of our OTL into OTW and then we're gucci. I do have a gambling problem though, so maybe I should go with the under.... Oh god. 

NEW MOSCOW PRESS CONFERENCE QUESTIONS FERDA BOYS!

@FacebookFighter @Radcow @Rocketman04 @wcats @Gabella19 @SirRupertBarnes @Patpou22 @Gooningitup @Joubo @Sova @Matmenzinger   @leafsman

1. Did you pay attention to the Vancouver vs Helsinki series in the VHL Finals? Did it go the way you expected?

2. What is the biggest off-season move in the VHL thus far? Trade/Signing/Draftee?

3. What are your thoughts on the S67 VHL Entry Draft? Do you know any of the members who were drafted to any of the teams?

4. Moscow has made some serious roster changes this off-season. Do you think this makes the Menace a serious cup threat?

5. Which addition to the Menace lineup are you most excited about? Podrick Cast, Randoms, Vlad Pavlov or Roger Sterling? Why?

6. S66 Moscow draftees Clarke, Vigneault, Gabella, and Tocco will be joining the roster in S67. What advice do you have for the rookies?

1. Did you pay attention to the Vancouver vs Helsinki series in the VHL Finals? Did it go the way you expected?

I watched the finals, was cheering for Vancouver, but Helsinki looked very strong and dominated the series. It'll be Moscow one day. *sob* 

2. What is the biggest off-season move in the VHL thus far? Trade/Signing/Draftee?

I haven't been following the off-season too closely, but I think Riga successfully traded up in the S67 draft for relatively cheap. So them acquiring the 1st overall pick in the draft is probably it.

3. What are your thoughts on the S67 VHL Entry Draft? Do you know any of the members who were drafted to any of the teams?

I'm a big Phil Marleau fan and think he's going to be a big player in the VHL. Bjorn Scoringsonn and Boris the Forest are also two players to watch out for. I think they both could have gone higher in the first round with their quality.

4. Moscow has made some serious roster changes this off-season. Do you think this makes the Menace a serious cup threat?

I think we have to be in the conversation. Cast is an all-star/MVP calibre player. Randoms is very skilled forward. I think they make us a big threat.

5. Which addition to the Menace lineup are you most excited about? Podrick Cast, Randoms, Vlad Pavlov or Roger Sterling? Why?

I'd have to go with Roger Sterling. I think Owen May is more than capable in our net, but Sterling is just a classy guy and a gentleman of the game. 

6. S66 Moscow draftees Clarke, Vigneault, Gabella, and Tocco will be joining the roster in S67. What advice do you have for the rookies?

Keep working hard. You're coming into an organization that is set to be a serious player in the next few seasons. We can build something special here with your help!

6 hours ago, gorlab said:

NEW MOSCOW PRESS CONFERENCE QUESTIONS FERDA BOYS!

@FacebookFighter @Radcow @Rocketman04 @wcats @Gabella19 @SirRupertBarnes @Patpou22 @Gooningitup @Joubo @Sova @Matmenzinger   @leafsman

1. I checked the recaps, honestly i thought Vancouver would squeak out at least one win but Helsinki was just to strong.

2. It's gotta be pod cast being traded here. I defy you to show me a bigger move! Next randoms and sterling joining this team as well.

3. Looked like a good draft class, i don't know anyone who was drafted. But, i look forward to getting to know the guys we drafted.

4. I have to think this easily puts us in the playoff picture. Maybe a season away from cup contender but it certainly sped up that timeline.

5. Gotta be Cast. One of the best players in the league who adds so much to this team. But honestly i am stoked about all the moves because they all make this team exponentially better.

6. My advice to rookies is just keep building. This team will give you every possible chance to succeed! Take it all in and enjoy it.

Not as much as I wanted but it definitely ended the way I thought it would.

I think the move to get Cast was the biggest move, it really gives Moscow a significant Boost

I haven't been able to follow the VHLM and have been off the grid for the offseason.

I believe we are a cup threat. We have the offense to be number one in the league.

Definitely Cast. He's definitely the strongest guy coming our way. Hopefully he gives us an edge over our competition.

Don't pay attention to the stats. Just keep working to get better

On 7/5/2019 at 6:31 AM, gorlab said:

1. Did you pay attention to the Vancouver vs Helsinki series in the VHL Finals? Did it go the way you expected? Honestly no I didn't, makes sense that Helsinki pulled through though.

Is there another answer other than Cast joining the team? 

3. What are your thoughts on the S67 VHL Entry Draft? Do you know any of the members who were drafted to any of the teams? Obviously the first overall pick was a bit controversial other than that I'm happy that my friend and teammate last season Anthony Hawk will be joining us next season.

I think we have a genuine chance at winning the cup this season as long as we continue to improve our defense.

5. Which addition to the Menace lineup are you most excited about? Podrick Cast, Randoms, Vlad Pavlov or Roger Sterling? Why? Definitely very excited to be playing with someone at Cast's level, I can't wait to learn as much as possible from him.

6. S66 Moscow draftees Clarke, Vigneault, Gabella, and Tocco will be joining the roster in S67. What advice do you have for the rookies? Well obviously I'm one of those rookies, but I think the best advice I've received is just to try not to let the pressure of the big lights get to me.

1. With a new season comes hope! What are your expectations for the 66th season of the VHL.

For me, it will be to settle in VHL, getting to know my teammates, try to impact defensively, in terms of points I prefer not to give me any goals for my 1st season.

2. What is a personal goal you'd like to achieve this year?

As said before, I would like to make a good impact defensively, maybe get a few good hits in, protect our goaltender and make sure that every forward has a tough way to the net.

3. What is a team goal you'd like to see the boys accomplish?

Honestly, I am still settling in l, so I'm not really sure what I can expect us to land, so I just hope we go as far as we can.

4. Share an experience you've had with the folks from Moscow, what are some similarities and differences?

I didn't get some chat in with my teammates yet, but I surely can count on my VHLM teammate Gorlab to help me get up to speed.

5. If your new to the team, what excited you the most when you were drafted/traded or signed to Moscow? If you're not new, is there someone who's new to the squad you're interested in playing with?

Obviously I was excited to come to Moscow, first time living out of the American continent, and being part of a rebuild is always fun, start from scratch and work your way up, just like we did with Reapers.

6. If you could pick a goal song for the Menace, what would it be and why?

Darude - Sandstorm, without any hesitation.

Hello! I'm Back! You know what to do.

1. The New Season is upon us what is your personal goal for this season?

2. Moscow looks primed to be playoff contenders. Are you willing to put down money on Moscow?

3. Is there a team you look forward to beating this season?

4. Early year prediction. Who wins the MVP for Moscow?

5. If there was a player in the NHL/VHL you model your play style after who is it?

6.  What has been your greatest experience in the VHL/VHLM so far?