Moscow Menace Press Conference

On 4/12/2021 at 12:00 PM, N0HBDY said:

Alright first time doing this and hopefully not the last!

1. How do you fell with the Menace’s recent performance?
  2. What do you think the attitude of the Menace fanbase is like?
  3. There’s lots of third party activities the VHL hosts such as Town of Salem and an annual Chess tournament, have you ever been apart of events such as those?
  4. Have you been keeping up with any major sports event recently?
  5. The LR is an amazing place, what channel is your favorite to be in.
  6. Last question, but not really a question, say something to roast Spartan.

1. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

2. devoted to the team, yell MOSCOW MOSCOW MOSCOW over and over

3. I have done chess twice

4. Let's go Sabres dun dun du da duh

5. not on discord 

6. bet your zen gm teams have never gone 65-13-4

Spoiler

i forgot to put this in @Spartan mine haven't either. best is 62-something - something

Edited by GrittyIsKing09

:mos: New PC Q's :mos:

(Week ending 4/25)

1. We've seen a decent amount of trades in the past week or so, including sending out Ryan Schwarz, Jay Jones and Fat Palloon. Anything you'd like to say about these players?

2. Given the moves in question, how do you (honestly) feel about the direction of our team?

3. Moscow has had some rough games in the past week, albeit playing against most of the top teams in the league. What do we need to do to stop the slide and get back to winning games?

4. @WentzKneeFan036 re-signed with us this past week, how excited are you to have Malone as our starting goalie for the next season!

5. There's been some chatter of folks wanting a gaming channel in the Moscow LR. What games would you talk about if it was added?

6. You guys roasted me last time, say something nice this time 😭

1. We've seen a decent amount of trades in the past week or so, including sending out Ryan Schwarz, Jay Jones and Fat Palloon. Anything you'd like to say about these players? They will be missed. but each season things must be done to move forward and not stand still. other wise the league will pass you by

2. Given the moves in question, how do you (honestly) feel about the direction of our team? We have along way to go in order to get back to last season glory. but I think we will get there. Its ruff but thats hockey

3. Moscow has had some rough games in the past week, albeit playing against most of the top teams in the league. What do we need to do to stop the slide and get back to winning games? Go back to basics nothing fancy . maybe the trap 

4. @WentzKneeFan036 re-signed with us this past week, how excited are you to have Malone as our starting goalie for the next season!

As his back up im pretty excited. he has done an Amazing job this season even with all of our challenges

5. There's been some chatter of folks wanting a gaming channel in the Moscow LR. What games would you talk about if it was added?

I dont play abunch of games (Kinda picky) but Conan and STWOR I do play

6. You guys roasted me last time, say something nice this time 😭 dont let them get to you . your doing a great job. im proud to be on the team with you 

16 hours ago, Spartan said:

(Week ending 4/25)

1. We've seen a decent amount of trades in the past week or so, including sending out Ryan Schwarz, Jay Jones and Fat Palloon. Anything you'd like to say about these players?

2. Given the moves in question, how do you (honestly) feel about the direction of our team?

3. Moscow has had some rough games in the past week, albeit playing against most of the top teams in the league. What do we need to do to stop the slide and get back to winning games?

4. @WentzKneeFan036 re-signed with us this past week, how excited are you to have Malone as our starting goalie for the next season!

I don't support the last one.

It can only go up as we are the bottom of the barrel or at least close so us Russians will fight through.

Do what devise did in our most previous sim, put bob on all lines.

:sim: , no I'm joking, it's good for the team and will definitely help management to now focus more on skaters with him locked up.

Idk but that's cow's horny space now.

I like the way you never sleep.

@MSO94 SWTOR is an awesome game, it's just a big time commitment! You have to be on for like an hour and a half at least or it's not really worth it. I have gotten like half way through a bunch of different storylines but never wind up finishing. 

On 4/19/2021 at 3:25 PM, Spartan said:

(Week ending 4/25)

1. They were all great players to have around, bring on the TANK

2. we are tanking, but you need to go backwards to go forward in hockey!

3. We need to score, improve our scoring, passing etc.

4. GRITTY GRITTY GRITTY

5. well, if i was on discord, mostly NHL 21 and CIV6

6. You have done a wonderful job GMing, and thanks for sending me the league file!

On 4/20/2021 at 9:42 AM, WentzKneeFan036 said:

@MSO94 SWTOR is an awesome game, it's just a big time commitment! You have to be on for like an hour and a half at least or it's not really worth it. I have gotten like half way through a bunch of different storylines but never wind up finishing. 

I have 43 diff charatcers. multiple toons for each class. been playing since launch.  It used to be a blast. not they watered it down. made 2 different insatnces so everybody hides in the PVE instance. its totally killed World PVP

On 4/20/2021 at 12:55 AM, Spartan said:

(Week ending 4/25)

1. Good luck on your career. 

2. It's on the up and up

3. Work together, and just play hard

4. Seems like a great guy, excited to see how he does

5. Any games would be talked about

6. I am glad, that I either play for you, or you play for me in all 3 Sim leagues, your a great guy :)  

(Week ending 4/25)

1. Fat Palloon is a phenomenal name. 

2. We're heading in the right direction. We're winning more than expected and if we continue at this rate we'll be a playoff team within the next 2 years.

3. Inconsistency is the main issue. Some games our offense is good and our defense is bad and some games it's the opposite. Being consistent is necessary to be a playoff team.

4. Very excited. If he keeps earning he's gonna be a top goalie soon.

5. The Hitman Trilogy, Madden, NHL, NBA 2k, Maybe some other games on PSNow.

6. You're super nice and helpful.

(Week ending 4/25)

1. Fat Palloon is a great player. He has a unique character about him. I enjoyed making his signature graphic as it was much different than most that you see around the VHL. Both Jay and Schwarz were also great teammates. We got close boys but could never touch the Cup. Best of luck on your new squads.

2. Moscow is definitely in a re-tooling phase. I like the efforts so far. Hoping to stick around to see us develop.

3. Winning games during a down season is always a tough task. We just need to get back to the basics and trust our teammates. Defense first, as always.

4. Having a solid tender under contract for years to come is a luxury. I love this move.

5. I play a lot of Space Engineers. Not everyone's cup of tea. If any of you guys play, let me know. Also, I play Rocket League, Valheim, PUBG, and a few others.

6. Something nice... let's see... LET'S GO PENS, BABAY!!

:mos: New PC Q's :mos:

(Week ending 5/2)

1. So the season's officially over, and we're not in the playoffs for the first time in a long time. What was your favorite memory about this season?

2. Reflect on your performance this season. How did it go for you personally? Did you meet your expectations, blow them away, play like ass, etc.

3. Which team will you be rooting for in the playoffs and why?

4. We've got the lottery tournament coming up, and currently the 2nd best odds to win the lottery. How are you going to prepare for the tournament?

5. We're in an exciting scenario where the DC 1st that we traded for a couple weeks ago is now projected to be the number 1 pick in this season's draft, which means we own two top 3 selections guaranteed in this draft. Who should we select?

6. I did a little dabbling with VHFL stats today to try to identify problem areas in the current scoring system. If you were running VHFL, how would you assign points to each statistical category? This doesn't have to be every stat, just pick 2 or 3.

On 4/19/2021 at 12:25 PM, Spartan said:

(Week ending 4/25)

1. They're probably cool people but I spent too much time making demonic tantrums in the LR to notice. Good luck wherever you guys are going!

2. I trust spur ton to do what's best for me and the team.

3. Eat some pizza and forget about the past.

4. On a scale of 1-10, probably an 8.6

5. Valorant probably, that's what I play most nowadays.

6. You are a very good ECFA AD.

1. So the season's officially over, and we're not in the playoffs for the first time in a long time. What was your favorite memory about this season?

The pre draft negotiations between mcwolf and spartan to decide which of em would land both me and Atreides

2. Reflect on your performance this season. How did it go for you personally? Did you meet your expectations, blow them away, play like ass, etc.

I wanted to end up on a ppg , but that might have been a bit unrealistic. But I'm happy with my point totals, and just a -1 on the team that finished second to last, i'll take it.

Can someone let me know which options I have? I didnt follow anything besides our own stuff.

4. We've got the lottery tournament coming up, and currently the 2nd best odds to win the lottery. How are you going to prepare for the tournament?

Smash some faces in, win the tourney

5. We're in an exciting scenario where the DC 1st that we traded for a couple weeks ago is now projected to be the number 1 pick in this season's draft, which means we own two top 3 selections guaranteed in this draft. Who should we select?

Many nice people in the draft that I would love to play with, but i think nhlbeastmode_7777 will be a great selection

6. I did a little dabbling with VHFL stats today to try to identify problem areas in the current scoring system. If you were running VHFL, how would you assign points to each statistical category? This doesn't have to be every stat, just pick 2 or 3.

Dont even try to change this, i got 7 points this year. Do not jeopardize our future by changing what is working for me

10 hours ago, Spartan said:

(Week ending 5/2)

1. my 2 goal, 1 assist game. singular. I got ejected in the third for fighting lmao

2. i was extraordinarily mediocre, even by my own standards.Screenshot-2021-04-26-094210

3.London and my buddy The Terrible Trivium.

4. Not adding any TPE until after it (or not, whatever you'd like me to do)

5. Hard Markinson and Sven Reikkinen. Charazzard could be a steal in the second or third round

6. i don't know how that works and where to find it

10 hours ago, Spartan said:

(Week ending 5/2)

Getting traded to Moscow and making @Brewins15become a pens fan.

NO, I totally sucked and didn't get the most PIM's this season, that franchise record will be broken!

Idk, i don't even know who made the playoffs, but top 1-3 possible picks BABY!

Prepare my speech for the rookies so that they learn their place.

Idk I haven't looked at the draft board yet.

Goal-1, Assist-1, Penalty-5

On 4/25/2021 at 11:44 PM, Spartan said:

(Week ending 5/2)

Hanging out with the other rookies on my line. We were the best line of young players hands down.

I definitely didn't expect to lead all rookies in assists. The season exceeded my expectations for sure.

I'm going to treat it like any other same. Same routine, same diet, etc.

Depending on who gets taken besides our 2 picks, Markinson, Reikkenen, Talliner and Seabasstard in that order.

Assists should be worth the most obviously. Followed by Goals, then Hits, then Shot Blocking. Assists should be worth 2, Goals worth 1, Hits worth 0.5, and Shot Blocking worth 0.25

On 4/25/2021 at 8:44 PM, Spartan said:

(Week ending 5/2)

1. Leroy Johnson joining the LR.

2. I always play like ass 😎

3. Whoever's playing against us.

4. I'm not playing so I'll do whatever tf I want.

5. LEROY JOHNSONNNNNNNNN

6. Uh, idk hockey stuff so no comment.

(Week ending 5/9)

1. The Draft Lottery Tournament is over, and we came last. After the last game, a reporter comes up to you and stupidly asks, "why did you guys suck?" What's your response?

2. If you answer before the lottery, which picks do you think we'll get? (We can get any combination of 2 picks between 1st and 3rd overall). If you're answering after the lottery, did we do well? Or did we get shafted?

3. There's been mild chatter in the LR about not having an official AGM for Moscow. Do you think I should hire one? Why?

4. Now that we're in the offseason, what's your training routine like? 

5. If you could play a prank on any player, prospect or staff member on Moscow, who would it be and what would you do?

6. Say you quit your job as a VHL player and decided to be a Youtuber/Streamer/Etc. What would you stream or post videos about?

9 hours ago, Spartan said:

(Week ending 5/9)

1. The Draft Lottery Tournament is over, and we came last. After the last game, a reporter comes up to you and stupidly asks, "why did you guys suck?" What's your response?

Our genius... Is beyond your understanding

2. If you answer before the lottery, which picks do you think we'll get? (We can get any combination of 2 picks between 1st and 3rd overall). If you're answering after the lottery, did we do well? Or did we get shafted?

3. There's been mild chatter in the LR about not having an official AGM for Moscow. Do you think I should hire one? Why?

yeah, you should hire one. i don't know what it entails, but it will volunteer if it doesn't include STHS

earn 12 capped every week to reach 700 TPE by the ned of my career.

5. If you could play a prank on any player, prospect or staff member on Moscow, who would it be and what would you do?

I would pull one on my boy @okifenoki, as we have played on the same team almost our whole career.

6. Say you quit your job as a VHL player and decided to be a Youtuber/Streamer/Etc. What would you stream or post videos about?

Civ 6, NHL 21, Minecraft, board games maybe, cities skylines, idk.

On 4/25/2021 at 10:44 PM, Spartan said:

(Week ending 5/9)

Expand  

1. Leroy Johnson joining the LR.

2.my performance is solely based on my keyboard skills.  enjoy effers.  

3. Whoever's playing against us.

4. draft Darth Kaprizov  he's gold#

5. LEROY JOHNSONNNNNNNNN is a flat out tool box

6. Uh, i like to drink beer so.....

On 5/5/2021 at 1:38 AM, Spartan said:

(Week ending 5/9)

1. Conor Mc Gregor Who The Fook Is That Guy GIF - ConorMcGregor WhoTheFookIsThatGuy WhoTheFuck GIFs

2. I don't know how Moscow picks did, forgot to pay attention, but hey NYA 1OA!

3. No, because it's not me and that's who moscow needs.

4. Jar of peanut butter for breakfast, couple of pushups maybe even some crunches, then sleep until dinner. Wake up, eat, pass out drunk.

5. @Spartanidk maybe pulling a deez nutz joke on him or getting him to believe one of his favorite boomer bands died or something.

6. When was VHL a job? but anyways some good ole F O R T N I T E

On 5/5/2021 at 1:38 AM, Spartan said:

(Week ending 5/9)

1. I don't know I was in the minor league.

2. I would probably say 2nd pick.

3. You can do what you want when it comes to decisions like that.

4. I will train 3-4 days a week and take on some endurance training with skating and running.

5. I am still new on the team so I would have to get to know everyone first.

6. I would post prank videos most likely.   

On 5/5/2021 at 2:38 AM, Spartan said:

(Week ending 5/9)

If I knew why we sucked then we wouldn't have sucked.

We got 2nd and 3rd because clearly the sims hate Spartan.

As long as someone does the PCs we don't need one.

Pretty much the same as it is during the regular season minus team practice. Video Games, Skating, Cardio, etc.

I would trick all non Penguins fans by changing the team's name, color scheme, and logo to the Penguins.

I would probably just rant about sports like UrinatingTree. My opinions would probably be just as reasonable tbh.