Moscow Menace Press Conference

HI. I kinda exist? maybe? 

1. Who would you say is the biggest surprise in the VHL this year? (Player or Team)

2.  Whats your favorite post game meal?

3. As the season is in it's final leg. What do you think makes this Moscow team so special?

4. Toronto is the favorite as they have been the most dominant force in the VHL this season. Do you think they're within reach or will it be up to next year's Menace team to compete?

5. What's the biggest hot take you've heard this season?

6. Do you think the standings are set or will we see movement between the top 6 this season?

• Admin
11 hours ago, FacebookFighter said:

1. Who would you say is the biggest surprise in the VHL this year? (Player or Team)

All of the teams I didn't expect to compete for the playoffs have surprise me. Seattle, Malmo, New York, all very young but competitive against anyone else in the league. It's made every game tough for everyone else.

A big fuck off chicken. Maximum calories and enjoyment.

3. As the season is in it's final leg. What do you think makes this Moscow team so special?

Our strength in depth. Being able to roll out 3 quality lines, all of whom could win a game on their own on a given day, is essentially something's no one's been able to do before and many didn't even believe was possible. But here we are.

4. Toronto is the favorite as they have been the most dominant force in the VHL this season. Do you think they're within reach or will it be up to next year's Menace team to compete?

I made the big trade with Riga with an eye for S68, even hanging onto the S68 1st in case we missed the playoffs this season. But there's no guarantees anymore, we could make the playoffs this year and get overtaken the next, so if we're there, we have to play to win. We've proven we can beat Toronto and anyone else this season, it's just about stringing it together at the right time.

Free boubabi.

6. Do you think the standings are set or will we see movement between the top 6 this season?

Toronto is set in 1st and I think Calgary and Vancouver will stay just behind the European top 3, although that doesn't really matter. How the top 3 settles over here though is anyone's guess. I'm just counting down the days until we can with certainty stop looking over our shoulder at Davos, that would be a big relief.

1-What were you doing when the Bus broke down?

I was playing Mario Odyssey and it made me waste a life, I hate this bus for this now.

2-Favorite team activity we do on the bus?

Playing cards, playing Mario Odyssey and not wasting a life for a bus.

4-Who Brings the best snacks on the bus and do they share?

I always bring my famous cookies, and there's no way I'm gonna share those babies.

5-Who has the best survival skills on the team?

Born in northern quebec, I can get around in the woods easily.

7-How would you blend with a native tribe if you were lost in the middle of Canada?

Nope, not at all, I would be recognizable 2 km away.

8-How did management deal with the issue?

Gorlab always bring some tools in his suitcase for some reason, he was the man of the situation.

I think we've surprised a lot of people coming into this season.

Steak

I think we're really deep and work well together.

I think we're young and have a lot of room to imrpove still before the season ends. I think we can give them a good fight.

There's been a lot of weird comments going around this season I can't put my finger on just one.

I think there's still plenty of room to move up and down.

On 8/11/2019 at 8:03 PM, FacebookFighter said:

1. Well. To be honest I'd say us. Like i knew we were going to be good. But, wow.

2. My most favourite post game meal is driving home a pizza and 15-20 cold ones.

3. Moscow has become a perfect storm kind of scenario. Good coaching and builds have taken us to that next level much quicker than we had first thought.

4. I mean Toronto is crazy good. But so are we. I think we can make an impact this year should we get to play them in the playoffs.

5. All the boubabi stuff. It seems like there's some serious lines drawn in the sand.

6. The standings are set.

Podrick Cast imo. Great individual performance this season, didn't think he would really cook like he did this season.

An eighth of northern lights indica with a hamburger.

I think it's the good mix of veteran/well-known old members like Victor, Will, Kyle, Goon, hedgehog, good "current gen" members like wcats, Joubo and leafsman and some good young guys like patpou, menzinger, and May, 

TBH I'm thinking next year Menace will really be big contenders. We have a chance against Toronto this year, don't get me wrong, but they look quite strong and are certainly favourites.

Codrick Past and Jagger Philliefan are the best defensive pairing in the league.

I think the standings are now official set. :dreCHEESE:

1. Who would you say is the biggest surprise in the VHL this year? (Player or Team) Probably us, I feel like we were definitely a dark horse this season.

2.  Whats your favorite post game meal? Smažený Sýr, it's kind of like mozzarella sticks.

3. As the season is in it's final leg. What do you think makes this Moscow team so special? Our depth hands down. I don't think there's another team as deep as us.

4. Toronto is the favorite as they have been the most dominant force in the VHL this season. Do you think they're within reach or will it be up to next year's Menace team to compete? I wouldn't want to count us out, but they're definitely going to be tough to go up against if we make it past the 1st round.

5. What's the biggest hot take you've heard this season? This season has had it's fair share of drama. I think Philly's GM possibly stepping down takes the cake though.

6. Do you think the standings are set or will we see movement between the top 6 this season? 

Well the standings are obviously set at this point, the playoffs are going to be wild for sure.

1. Who would you say is the biggest surprise in the VHL this year? (Player or Team)

We were probably the best suprise this season, really came from a long way out, really happy with our performance so far

Spaghetti, easy, simple, good.

It really feel like a family, I felt right at home since the beginning, all great humans in there.

Nothing is out of the Menace reach next season, gotta keep the goals high if we want to succeed!

Unfortunately, the philly GM stepping down caused a lot of drama, but it ended well.

In my opinion they are pretty much set 

NEWish QUESTIONS for u boys

@Gooningitup @wcats @Matmenzinger @leafsman @Patpou22 @Kyle @Will @Joubo

1) The Menace lost a tough first round series against Riga. Where did we go wrong in the series?

2) The VHL finals sees Vancouver Wolves vs Helsinki Titans, who is going to win and why?

3) Who are your top choices for playoff MVP this season?

4) Off-season is already in full swing for the Menace. What off-season activities are you currently enjoying while we wait for S68 to start?

5) What stat categories are you going to be focusing on improving as we enter the new season?

6) VHL is apparently expanding next season. Where do you think/hope the two new franchises will be located? Do you like or dislike the idea of league expansion?

1) The Menace lost a tough first round series against Riga. Where did we go wrong in the series?

I think we were really unlucky and ran into a world-class goaltender who was playing at the top of his game. Tough luck.

2) The VHL finals sees Vancouver Wolves vs Helsinki Titans, who is going to win and why?

I think common practice is to cheer for the European team, but I have to be rooting for Vancouver and Codrick Past to take out Helsinki.

I think Beau Louth has a good chance at MVP regardless of Vancouver winning the finals or not. He has carried the team in terms of offence this playoffs. Vancouver is lucky they didn't have to go through EU though.

4) Off-season is already in full swing for the Menace. What off-season activities are you currently enjoying while we wait for S68 to start?

I've been doing some regular VHL training by making sigs. The VHLGFX tourny is winding up and I think I'm going to lose, so I will be stress eating until the season starts.

5) What stat categories are you going to be focusing on improving as we enter the new season?

I have made an update to both my SKATING and DEFENCE stats, bringing them both from 85 to 90 for the next season. I hope my player still produces in the sim. ?

6) VHL is apparently expanding next season. Where do you think/hope the two new franchises will be located? Do you like or dislike the idea of league expansion?

Based on geographical parity, I think an NA team can be placed in the south-east. A team in Florida (Miami) or Georgia (Atlanta) for instance. Then in Europe, I'd love to see a French (Paris) or English (London) addition to the league. Anything but more Scandanavia. 

We ran into a hot goalie and couldn't score, it happens sometimes. Just sucks it had to be in the playoffs for us.

Probably Helsinki, they've had a nice run this year.

Beau Leuth has kinda carried Vancouver so I'd have to say him.

Just hanging out, finding new music which is my favorite thing to do.

I'd like to be a bit more of a 2 way defender so I think I need to work on my physical game.

I like it, it shows the league is healthy. I'd put a team in Prague or Denver/Chicago/Detroit.

1) The Menace lost a tough first round series against Riga. Where did we go wrong in the series? We could have tried changing up the lines sooner but their goalie just shut us down. Not much we could have done. 

I'm guessing Vancouver. They're just pretty dominant right now. 

3) Who are your top choices for playoff MVP this season? The safe bet would be Louth.

4) Off-season is already in full swing for the Menace. What off-season activities are you currently enjoying while we wait for S68 to start? Haha I'm just glad I can finally drink without the trainers going off on me. I'll just have to make sure I'm back in shape when the new season rolls around.

5) What stat categories are you going to be focusing on improving as we enter the new season? All of them hopefully. I was really disappointed in how I played this season. But I'm still learning and growing.

6) VHL is apparently expanding next season. Where do you think/hope the two new franchises will be located? Do you like or dislike the idea of league expansion? I really think Prague is going to be one of them and that's bittersweet. It would be pretty cool to play in my home town but I couldn't ever see myself leaving Moscow. As for the other team? I don't know some city in Canada I guess. They're all the same.

10 hours ago, gorlab said:

1. Well, gotta give it to Riga seems like they got hot at the right time. Goaltending was unreal.

2. Both are really quality teams. Im leaning more towards Helsinki. But, if the wolves stay hot this is anyone's series.

3. Probably Louth or my boy Cast.

4. I'll be traveling to a bunch of hot spots in Europe taking time to relax and enjoy things off the clock. 

5. Defensive play is something I've been working on recently so should be staying with that.

6. London, Berlin, Paris, Madrid all could be strong choices with big markets in Europe. Then in NA maybe Edmonton, Regina, Hamilton, Dallas, Chicago, LA.

Edited by wcats

1) The Menace lost a tough first round series against Riga. Where did we go wrong in the series?

We had everything right in my opinion, unfortunately, we came out short, it happens in hockey, but we'll come back strong next year.

The Vancouver Wolves because they're Canadians.

Podrick Cast, amazing player, put out some amazing numbers this season!

Enjoying the summer with the team, had been to a few Reapers summer parties. Getting some training in.

Defensively, I want to get a few more hits and blocked shots.

Expansions are always fun, they scrambles the league and brings some new things to the table, I'd like to see one in Berlin and one in Montreal.

Gorlab can't send mids to a right person.

Seems like Vancouver takes it in 7. Not really believing in hsk tbh.

Cast. Already explained why in Riga PC.

Not enjoying much so far. Just gon do my GM things and whatever then.

''Not regressing too much'' attribute.

Prague and WSH I guess? can we hope for some surprises? Idk.

2 TPE to Randoms

1.) The expansion teams were recently revealed what do you think of the team names and logos?

2.) Which team do you think drafted better in the expansion draft?

3.) Along with the reveal of the expansion teams, the league has divided into four divisions, how do you feel about that?

4.) Will either of the new teams suck as bad as Malmo?

5.) The offseason is in full swing and the VHL award show has just passed. Were there any surprising winners, or any you disagreed with?

6.) Speaking of the offseason, training camps have just started. What drills are you focusing on, and what do you hope to improve upon for this next season?

7.) Our team has a very good mix of vets and prospects, how do you feel about our chances this upcoming season?

8.) Do you think we need to make any changes to the team to ensure we go deeper in the playoffs this season?

9.) We're going to hop onto the bandwagon of professional hockey teams having a puppy associated with the team i.e St Louis, Montreal, New York. What breed is it and what are we naming it?

10.) What have you been doing with your limited free time this offseason?

1.) The expansion teams were recently revealed what do you think of the team names and logos?

I love them, really beautiful! Good job VHL on these ones!

3.) Along with the reveal of the expansion teams, the league has divided into four divisions, how do you feel about that?

It will bring a whole new level to the league, I feel this will benefit VHL in the long term.

I expect them to suck a little the first 2-3 season, but they can definitely compete and create surprise.

6.) Speaking of the offseason, training camps have just started. What drills are you focusing on, and what do you hope to improve upon for this next season?

Focusing on defense and puck handling, I want to improve on my plus/minus next season, provide some good checks and block more shots.

7.) Our team has a very good mix of vets and prospects, how do you feel about our chances this upcoming season?

I'm always excited for a new season, we have a strong chance, a good core, and I can't wait to help this team improve more and more!

8.) Do you think we need to make any changes to the team to ensure we go deeper in the playoffs this season?

No, we need to focus on what worked last season and continue to improve, we didn't miss by much last season, so improvement and we will be set.

1.) The expansion teams were recently revealed what do you think of the team names and logos?

I really like the city choices, however I think the DC Dragons sounds quite stupid. Prague Phantoms sound and look fantastic though.

I think they both made good decisions for the future of their team.

It's really exciting for me personally as I look forward to the heated division battle we are going to have next season.

Yes, Prague is going to be a punching bag all next year.

I'm working on my strength in order to be able to play a more two way game next season and contribute more to the team.

I think we need to add another player and we should be championship or bust mentality. 

1. The expansion teams were recently revealed what do you think of the team names and logos?

Really impressed with both franchises reveal. I think Prague is a great european location, DC is meh but it could be worse. Both logos are great, but does the Phantoms logo have feathers? Is it a bird man? Still unsure.

2. Which team do you think drafted better in the expansion draft?

I think both teams had decent drafts, but if I had to give the edge to one team, it would be Prague because they had the 1st pick and took a good young player, Erik Draven.

3. Along with the reveal of the expansion teams, the league has divided into four divisions, how do you feel about that?

I like it because it will help to build rivalries better, but I'm really disappointed that Malmo was not placed in our division, as I think that will be the next famous European rivalry.

4. Will either of the new teams suck as bad as Malmo?

Yes, i think both teams will suck worse than Malmo. I don't think the GM experience is there for either expansion unit, compared to the seasoned GM that Malmo hired.

5. The offseason is in full swing and the VHL award show has just passed. Were there any surprising winners, or any you disagreed with?

I didn't attend the show because I was not up for any awards, but if Podrick Cast did not win the Scotty Campbell, then that would be the biggest shocker to me.  For me, he was the most valuable player last season.

6. Speaking of the offseason, training camps have just started. What drills are you focusing on, and what do you hope to improve upon for this next season?

I am working hard on my defence and skating skills this off-season. I started with training STRENGTH to a certain level, but will be focusing on getting Defence and Skating to 95 each with my next few weeks of training here.

On 9/8/2019 at 4:29 PM, Matmenzinger said:

5.) The offseason is in full swing and the VHL award show has just passed. Were there any surprising winners, or any you disagreed with?

8.) Do you think we need to make any changes to the team to ensure we go deeper in the playoffs this season?

9.) We're going to hop onto the bandwagon of professional hockey teams having a puppy associated with the team i.e St Louis, Montreal, New York. What breed is it and what are we naming it?

1. I really dig them. Awesome job on the colour scheme and logos.

2.  Prague. But it's hard to tell fully at this point. Let's give it a couple seasons.

3. I think it had to be done, as the league grows we gotta keep things clean and tidy.

4. I don't think it's possible. But for real, the first couple seasons is rough.

7. I think if we can get some help on between the pipes we can take anyone.

8. Like i said goaltending help would be key. Perhaps some help on the back end. But i feel like with 2 more teams gms may sit on things a little more.

9. Probably a Borzoi and call it Boris. Or Slenderman.

1.) The expansion teams were recently revealed what do you think of the team names and logos? I did the phantoms quite a bit. Lines up with the Reapers.

2.) Which team do you think drafted better in the expansion draft? Again going with Prague on this one, if neither team makes any big moves they're likely to be the better team early on.

3.) Along with the reveal of the expansion teams, the league has divided into four divisions, how do you feel about that? It's pretty cool, it makes the playoff structure pretty interesting.

Is this a joke? I'm not sure that's possible.

7.) Our team has a very good mix of vets and prospects, how do you feel about our chances this upcoming season? I can only see us improving upon last seasons results. 

8.) Do you think we need to make any changes to the team to ensure we go deeper in the playoffs this season? No I think we're set. We've had a good amount of growth in the offseason, we just have to hope our goaltending holds up.

I like Prague one. I'm a bit fan of purple as a whole, this is one of reasons why Davos logo is one of my favs.

Looks like DC might take Moscow's approach and try to compete asap. They already have Aaltonen and Jerwa so they could become decent-to-solid relatively quik. Can't say who did better though.

Oh so we're really rivals now? And yall focused too much on Malmo...

DC doesn't have a deep roster so that could put them real low.

Palo as MVP. bruh wtf

increasing my banked TPE stash, also a stash of quads to carry Cast

Decent? don't see that we improved much compared to last season roster wise, but the offsense might take this team far as well.

Nothing much Vic can do now. no goalies in market and don't see much D's as well. Pavlov is having a lot of pressure on him rn.

Sammies and naming them Nighthawk cause they're adoptable. if you now what I mean

smoking some mid...Godfather OG. smoking hella strong you can smell it in my hair

|||||||||||||||||||||||||| NEW MOSCOW PRESSER QUESTIONS ||||||||||||||||||||||||||

1. Moscow is off to a decent start. Who on the team has really stepped it up this season?

2. Who are our biggest competition in Europe this season and why?

3. If you could be the head coach for a sim, would you make any changes to our lines/lineup?

4. Who is easier to score on in practice, May or Bernard, and what is your go-to move to score on them?  //  For May/Bernard, who is the easiest to stop in practice?

5. What team do you think is going to be the #1 NA seed and why?

6. S68 VHFL has started. Where in the fantasy draft did you pick? (1st, 2nd, 3rd, overall, etc?)  Who was your first round pick and did you have any general strategy?

7. Did you have any Moscow teammates in your VHFL fantasy group?

8. Did you know patpou22 does photography as a hobby? What kind of hobbies are you into, off of the ice?

9. Have you made any player store purchases this season? Are you saving up for any particular purchase?

10. Please vote for gorlab in the S67/S68 VHLGFX competition. #PublicRigging 

1. Moscow is off to a decent start. Who on the team has really stepped it up this season?

Owen May seems a legit deal albeit inactive. Idk, Randoms is surprising me so far as well.

Every of them and my team. just check the standings lol.

3. If you could be the head coach for a sim, would you make any changes to our lines/lineup?

Nothing much except of bringing a big time defenceman. This really could screw Moscow in a tight ass conference despite having one of the best offenses here.

4. Who is easier to score on in practice, May or Bernard, and what is your go-to move to score on them?  //  For May/Bernard, who is the easiest to stop in practice?

May because he doesn't shows up to practice at all.

I still think Calgary will turn it around and take the cake.

6. S68 VHFL has started. Where in the fantasy draft did you pick? (1st, 2nd, 3rd, overall, etc?)  Who was your first round pick and did you have any general strategy?

I didn't have any strats fo this. I just wanna tell than this baguette eating bum Ylonen is disappointing me so far.

Both Vic's players and for some reason Randoms. like who even is kamikaze enough to take this waste of oxygen.

8. Did you know patpou22 does photography as a hobby? What kind of hobbies are you into, off of the ice?

trying to guess if this pack is loud or mid. also trying to guess what do I send to Kallis.

9. Have you made any player store purchases this season? Are you saving up for any particular purchase?

Saving. this is the last season I can flex...fuck being old.

10. Please vote for gorlab in the S67/S68 VHLGFX competition. #PublicRigging 

:trump-smiling:

• Admin
On 9/18/2019 at 8:43 PM, gorlab said:

|||||||||||||||||||||||||| NEW MOSCOW PRESSER QUESTIONS ||||||||||||||||||||||||||

1. Less decent now actually, not really sure why we're conceding so many shots but it certainly makes May work and he's having his best season yet.

2. Everyone kinda tbh. I think Helsinki is the strongest and then Riga so if we focus on securing a playoff spot, then it's down between us, Davos, and Malmo.

5. Before the season would have gone for Vancouver or Calgary, now that Calgary is off the pace a bit it's gotta be the Wolves. Weaker than last season but still cup champions, think they're the best that conference has to offer.

6. I seem to always pick 1st or 6th, which means I always have back-to-back picks which I do like. Unfortunately this season I forgot at one point and had to make 4 picks in a row when I was next tagged so I'm not expecting much at this point lol. Always pick defencemen over forwards though, they're more valuable.

7. Yeah, @leafsman who ended up picking my guy Pavlov in the draft. I picked myself so that's probably why we're fucked.

9. Went all out to combat depreciation, doesn't seem to be paying off though.