Moscow Menace Press Conference

1. Moscow is off to a decent start. Who on the team has really stepped it up this season?

Everyone has done their part in the offseason to improve on the areas we needed to improve, overall, everyone has a part in this good improvement from last season to this season.

2. Who are our biggest competition in Europe this season and why?

Helsinki of course, they have a really good lineup.

3. If you could be the head coach for a sim, would you make any changes to our lines/lineup?

I totally trust Victor on sim lineup, he knows a ton more than me.

5. What team do you think is going to be the #1 NA seed and why?

Seattle will definitely be a big team this season, they have a really strong core and they have a good start this season.

8. Did you know patpou22 does photography as a hobby? What kind of hobbies are you into, off of the ice?

I like to take some pictures in my free time indeed, but I like to play some CHEL too, having a few games with some friends is always fun.

9. Have you made any player store purchases this season? Are you saving up for any particular purchase?

I didn't buy anything yet, I'm saving that for my old days.

10. Please vote for gorlab in the S67/S68 VHLGFX competition. #PublicRigging 

Will certainly do Darlin'!

1. Moscow is off to a decent start. Who on the team has really stepped it up this season?

I think the whole team has improved their game.

Riga seems to have our number

3. If you could be the head coach for a sim, would you make any changes to our lines/lineup?

No I let Victor handle that side of things.

Vancouver, they're the champions last year and haven't really slowed down.

7. Did you have any Moscow teammates in your VHFL fantasy group?

I didn't partake.

8. Did you know patpou22 does photography as a hobby? What kind of hobbies are you into, off of the ice?

I DJ electronic music.

9. Have you made any player store purchases this season? Are you saving up for any particular purchase?

I'm just saving for the time being.

1. Moscow is off to a decent start. Who on the team has really stepped it up this season?

May has been playing good, but I like how Baillie has performed in some clutch moments this season, so I will go with him.

Has to be Riga IMO. Seems like they've been getting the better of us in the last few games, Kriketers is on that loud for sure. 

Demote Jet Jaguar to the third line and make Mark Gebauer great again.

4. Who is easier to score on in practice, May or Bernard, and what is your go-to move to score on them?  //  For May/Bernard, who is the easiest to stop in practice?

May for me. Bernard is new enough that I still don't know his tendancies, but Owen May has been download complete'd.

Vancouver Wolves because they have Codrick Past on D. Seattle apparently been going off though, so maybe Seattle.

6. S68 VHFL has started. Where in the fantasy draft did you pick? (1st, 2nd, 3rd, overall, etc?)  Who was your first round pick and did you have any general strategy?

I believe I drafted 2nd overall. I took Matt Thompson after somebody picked Podrick Cast first overall. I thought it was a steal. I tried to target hitting wingers tbh.

1. Moscow is off to a decent start. Who on the team has really stepped it up this season?

I think we all have done a good job stepping up and doing our parts!

Probably Helsinki or Riga. Riga really seems to have our number this year.

Not sure, I think we have excellent coaching it's just a matter of things coming together.

4. Who is easier to score on in practice, May or Bernard, and what is your go-to move to score on them?  //  For May/Bernard, who is the easiest to stop in practice? 

I don't get too fancy but I have a great ability in freezing goalies. 

5. What team do you think is going to be the #1 NA seed and why? 

Vancouver looks like they have a potential chance to repeat a championship appearance but it's still early.  Seattle is right there with them in the standings. But to be honest NA is pretty weak.

6. S68 VHFL has started. Where in the fantasy draft did you pick? (1st, 2nd, 3rd, overall, etc?)  Who was your first round pick and did you have any general strategy? 

I picked third. My first round pick was rauno palo I think for obvious reasons haha.

7. Did you have any Moscow teammates in your VHFL fantasy group?

I did actually! I drafted randoms those power play points baby!

• 3 weeks later...

***** NEW QUESTIONS *****

1. Disappointing end of the season for Moscow but the team's future is looking bright. What were your highlights for this season?

2. Which VHL team will you be supporting in the playoffs for S68 since Moscow is on early summer?

3. Do you have any big plans for the off-season tpe influx? Any stats you are focusing on?

4. If you could have Victor be your tour guide for any country in the world, what country would it be?

5. Podrick Cast is retiring. A tribute game is being held in honour of him in the UK but it happens to be on the same day as your mother-in-law's birthday, which your wife planned a big family trip somewhere to celebrate. What do you do?

6. Do you have any suggested prospects for Moscow to target in the upcoming S69 VHL Entry draft?

1. Disappointing end of the season for Moscow but the team's future is looking bright. What were your highlights for this season?

Bringing Kingfisher to just realize he is too old to carry a team and his body smells like a rotten fish.

2. Which VHL team will you be supporting in the playoffs for S68 since Moscow is on early summer?

Toronto Legion. I've heard Devise playoff luck is untouchable so I'm gonna root for a winner in advance.

3. Do you have any big plans for the off-season tpe influx? Any stats you are focusing on?

Anti-regression stat for sure.

4. If you could have Victor be your tour guide for any country in the world, what country would it be?

To any city in North Korea that's not Pyongyang. Concentration camps in particular.

5. Podrick Cast is retiring. A tribute game is being held in honour of him in the UK but it happens to be on the same day as your mother-in-law's birthday, which your wife planned a big family trip somewhere to celebrate. What do you do?

Hypnotise them and make them think that Podrick Cast was a football legend.

6. Do you have any suggested prospects for Moscow to target in the upcoming S69 VHL Entry draft?

I think Larsson Erik Ganoon is good...aw hell naw he's retired. I have no idea who then.

On 10/19/2019 at 6:08 AM, gorlab said:

1. There was a streak where Bernard was going off. That was exciting to see.

2. Well since Europe is obviously much stronger than North America, I'm not rooting for Malmo so let's go with Riga to keep the ship in Europe.

3. I suppose I should start building towards depreciation combat. So probably speed and scoring

4.  Definitely somewhere in Europe. Being from Southern Ontario I get enough heat. I want cool climates.

5. I got to honour my teammate and line mate. He is like a brother. You gotta support that. Wife we be mad but she'll get over it.

6. Any of the guys in the top 10 look like locks for star power. 

• Admin
On 10/19/2019 at 11:08 AM, gorlab said:

1. Probably that win streak of hope at the end when Bernard went on a mad one and we somehow almost did it.

2. I think all the teams I like are out now. Of the 3 remaining, Riga is my fave but I should probably withdraw support before it's too late.

3. Just gonna keep chugging along to hopefully break out as one of the league's top defencemen.

4. Uhhhhh..... probably not qualified to answer this one but I would recommend you take me as a tour guide to NZ. :P

5. Cast is one of the finest players in VHL history, can always find a new mother in law.

6. I prefer not to speak, if I speak I am in big trouble.

I think the way we grew as a young team and still have the opportunity to succeed together.

I won't be

Just looking to bounce back from the personal issues I had in the season.

New Zealand 

I'd die for Victor

I let the GMs handle that kind of business.

1. Disappointing end of the season for Moscow but the team's future is looking bright. What were your highlights for this season? It may sound a bit selfish but moving up to the first line, and getting to play with Cast felt like a huge step in my career. 

2. Which VHL team will you be supporting in the playoffs for S68 since Moscow is on early summer? Let's just say I probably would have cried if Malmo took it all.

3. Do you have any big plans for the off-season tpe influx? Any stats you are focusing on? I plan to work on my passing and my physical game a bit. We have a ton of scoring threats already.

4. If you could have Victor be your tour guide for any country in the world, what country would it be? Honestly any country, I've only been out of the states once. 

5.  Podrick Cast is retiring. A tribute game is being held in honour of him in the UK but it happens to be on the same day as your mother-in-law's birthday, which your wife planned a big family trip somewhere to celebrate. What do you do? What mother-in-law?

6. Do you have any suggested prospects for Moscow to target in the upcoming S69 VHL Entry draft? Actually I've been so focused on our games that I haven't had much of a chance to watch any prospects play.

1. The VHL and SBA are currently no longer affiliates. Does this affect you at all?

2. What are your thoughts on the controversy which resulted in the VHL and SBA parting ways?  (summary: VHLer said 'that's gay' about a sim result and the SBA BoD lost their mind because using that word is offensive to some people)

3. Have you been following the NHL this season? What team do you support and how are they doing?

4. Off-season is in full swing. What have you been doing to unwind and relax before the season?

5. Which EU team do you think will be Moscow's biggest competition in S69?

6. Beaviss has been recently appointed Commish status on VHL. Do you have any dealings with Beaviss? Are you happy, upset, or indifferent regarding his appointment as VHL Commissioner?

1. The VHL and SBA are currently no longer affiliates. Does this affect you at all?

already was forced to retired from that league. rip

2. What are your thoughts on the controversy which resulted in the VHL and SBA parting ways?  (summary: VHLer said 'that's gay' about a sim result and the SBA BoD lost their mind because using that word is offensive to some people)

Absolutely negative opinion on the move from SBA. they really thought welfare guys like me are about to do double PT's per week for having a chance for good career therechoppa.pnghell nah

3. Have you been following the NHL this season? What team do you support and how are they doing?

supporting any team that has a player from Latvia. So Pens, Columbus, Buffalo and prolly Ottawa once Balcers is ok.

4. Off-season is in full swing. What have you been doing to unwind and relax before the season?

you already know what's up. strong for Randoms, mids for Kallis etc.

Riga. Cause I'm their GM.

6. Beaviss has been recently appointed Commish status on VHL. Do you have any dealings with Beaviss? Are you happy, upset, or indifferent regarding his appointment as VHL Commissioner?

I'm fine with that. Was an obvious choice after bringing more life to VHL in this decade.

1. The VHL and SBA are currently no longer affiliates. Does this affect you at all?

No, I've never had a SBA player, so it doesn't affect me at all.

Meh, don't really have an opinion about it, guess it is a bit harsh, but on the other hand, you can't accept those comments in a community.

Habs, of course, they are not bad for now, hope KK's injury will not be a long one and that Poehling will have a huge impact.

4. Off-season is in full swing. What have you been doing to unwind and relax before the season?

Came back on school benches, no relaxing for Vigneault.

Malmo had a good season, they'll probably look on improving from it.

6. Beaviss has been recently appointed Commish status on VHL. Do you have any dealings with Beaviss? Are you happy, upset, or indifferent regarding his appointment as VHL Commissioner?

Indifferent, talked to him a few times, never had problems, and I'm not the type of person that gets into problems.

1. If you had the opportunity to change positions from/to F,D or G, Would you?

No I'm happy with where I am. Unless the team would need me to change, but I don't think that's the case.

2. Moscow Menace want to create a mascot! How would you design our mascot? What would its name be?

Putin the King

3. Since Moscow will not sniff the playoffs, is there a team you're supporting on their quest for the cup?

No there's not.

4.  We are 8 points from hated rival Malmo! DO YOU HATE MALMO ENOUGH TO WIN OUT OF SPITE?! In reality what are you doing to win and get motivated?

We'll get them back next year.

5. For those who have just been reading the box score, Moscow has taken a lot of penalties this season. What are some penalties you've seen the team taking and what do you like to do in the penalty box?

I've taken a lot of preventable penalties and I have to be better.

6. Why do you think Moscow is such a bi polar team, leading in both goals for and against?

I think young teams go through a lot of up and downs. I think that was the case for us this year.

7. Does Owen May suck?

No I think we need to play better in front of him this season.

1. The VHL and SBA are currently no longer affiliates. Does this affect you at all? Nope the only other league I'm in is the EFL. 

2. What are your thoughts on the controversy which resulted in the VHL and SBA parting ways?  (summary: VHLer said 'that's gay' about a sim result and the SBA BoD lost their mind because using that word is offensive to some people) Words are nothing more than that. They don't have a negative connotation unless you allow them to. 

3. Have you been following the NHL this season? What team do you support and how are they doing? Absolutely, I'm a fan of a few teams but my favorite is Arizona and the Yotes are having a great start for once. Let's just hope they keep it up. 

4. Off-season is in full swing. What have you been doing to unwind and relax before the season? Luckily the EFL season started recently so I've been distracted with that.

5. Which EU team do you think will be Moscow's biggest competition in S69? I hate to say it but I think Malmo is going to be tough again even without Thompson. 

6. Beaviss has been recently appointed Commish status on VHL. Do you have any dealings with Beaviss? Are you happy, upset, or indifferent regarding his appointment as VHL Commissioner? I'm sort of indifferent. I've never dealt with his personally but he seems like a good enough dude.

On 11/3/2019 at 11:40 AM, gorlab said:

1. Not anymore since Bek allowed me to claim SBA stuff as welfare here.

2. Yea I agree with the SBA BOD on that one, that term is derogatory and I am glad the VHL has made guidelines concerning this problem.

3. Not at all haha.

4. Just practicing pretty much, deciding with Victor if I should stay in VHLM one more season or make my way to the big leagues.

5. I have no idea to be honest.

6. Nah not really, I don't care.  

On 11/3/2019 at 12:40 PM, gorlab said:

Yes, it's very annoying. I was (finally) actually active in the SBA and was just starting my rookie season. Without the affiliation, I'm done there though, as 90% of my PTs are VHL related.

SBA wasn't necessarily wrong big picture with their problem with the VHL, but cutting the affiliation in the way that they did was harsh and an overreaction.

Flyers - good! I can actually watch them and not fall asleep or get distracted on my laptop since they actually have an NHL coach now.

Once I'm out of the playoffs, I don't look at any of the game threads until the Continental Cup. I try to take a short break just to unwind from the league for a little bit.

Moscow has no competition in the EU Conference in S69. ?

I think Beaviss will do a great job as commissioner. 

1. No it does not. I actually have no idea what SBA is. Never bothered looking ii into it.

2. I mean I think having some code of conduct rules about this stuff is good. If we are to conduct ourselves like professionals like in the NHL then it's needed. It may have been a bit of overkill but still.

3. I watch basically every leaf game that I can. Good or bad they're my ride or die, have been my whole life.

4. Been working in the gym to counteract at least some of the depreciation. But that was  a pretty big hit. 

5. Riga seemed to have our number recently. So I'll go with them until I have a reason not to. Because screw Malmo.

6. I think it's a great call. He's clearly will liked league wide and any dealings I've had with him have been pleasant. He deserves it.

1. Disappointing end of the season for Moscow but the team's future is looking bright. What were your highlights for this season?

The whole season has been a highlight for me, I improved on all of my skills, put up some good points and had a good defensive season.

I stayed loyal to Moscow and didn't watch the playoffs (mostly due to me getting back on school benches)

I focused a lot on the defensive side of my play and also looking for a few skating and puck handling upgrades.

4. If you could have Victor be your tour guide for any country in the world, what country would it be?

Russia. No doubts.

Big oof, though one, probably stayed with family, but I would certainly go after the game to congratulate my old teammate on his retirement and wish him the best retirement.

Haven't been following VHLM since I left it, so nope

1. Moscow made some massive waves on the UFA market this off-season acquiring Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen & Gritty. What advice do you have for your new teammates to help them get comfortable playing in Moscow?

2. Raymond Bernard has established himself as Moscow's #1 goaltender. What is your go-to move or shot in a shootout situation against Berny?

3. If you had to pick a single stat to set a goal in for the upcoming season, what would it be? (i.e. 20 goals or 100 hits or 200 shots blocked, etc.)

4. Despite gaining Smitty and Gritty, Moscow lost two regular roster members in Mark Gebauer & Evgeni Komarov. Who do you miss more? Pour out some liquor for both.

5. Which North American conference team do you think will meet Moscow in the S69 Continental Cup finals?

6. Have you joined the NEW Moscow Menace Discord server? If not, please PM gorlab for an invite. 

1. Moscow made some massive waves on the UFA market this off-season acquiring Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen & Gritty. What advice do you have for your new teammates to help them get comfortable playing in Moscow?

I guess they're already feeling like in home so I'm late with it.

2. Raymond Bernard has established himself as Moscow's #1 goaltender. What is your go-to move or shot in a shootout situation against Berny?

Randomly choosing ways how to score, just like how my name suggests.

3. If you had to pick a single stat to set a goal in for the upcoming season, what would it be? (i.e. 20 goals or 100 hits or 200 shots blocked, etc.)

100+ points.

4. Despite gaining Smitty and Gritty, Moscow lost two regular roster members in Mark Gebauer & Evgeni Komarov. Who do you miss more? Pour out some liquor for both.

Komarov was an interesting guy. Shame that he's retired, but under understandable circumstances.

5. Which North American conference team do you think will meet Moscow in the S69 Continental Cup finals?

First if all, Riga will play in finals. Second of all, Seattle looks like a favorite, but won't be surprised if one of Vancouver/Toronto gonna be more lucky in playoffs.

6. Have you joined the NEW Moscow Menace Discord server? If not, please PM gorlab for an invite. 

Joined and I'm inactive there.

On 11/14/2019 at 2:51 AM, gorlab said:

Turning the  questions around, I've learned that we don't like Malmo.

Slapshot, bar down. No fancy moves needed.

After the season I had last year, my goal is to hit 90 points. It'll definitely be hard, but it is achievable.

I didn't get a chance to meet either of them before I got here, but I know Komarov loved playing for Moscow, so I'll say him.

Does it really matter?

Yes, I'm an OG NEW Moscow Menance Discord member.

1. Moscow made some massive waves on the UFA market this off-season acquiring Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen & Gritty. What advice do you have for your new teammates to help them get comfortable playing in Moscow? As long as they don't like Malmo we'll all get along fine.

2. Raymond Bernard has established himself as Moscow's #1 goaltender. What is your go-to move or shot in a shootout situation against Berny? Skate in slow and fake a slapshot, although I probably shouldn't be giving this information out publicly.

3. If you had to pick a single stat to set a goal in for the upcoming season, what would it be? (i.e. 20 goals or 100 hits or 200 shots blocked, etc.) I'd like to go a point per game for the first time in my career. 

4. Despite gaining Smitty and Gritty, Moscow lost two regular roster members in Mark Gebauer & Evgeni Komarov. Who do you miss more? Pour out some liquor for both. Komarov. We need more Russians here in Moscow.

5. Which North American conference team do you think will meet Moscow in the S69 Continental Cup finals? No clue... Seattle maybe. 

6. Have you joined the NEW Moscow Menace Discord server? If not, please PM gorlab for an invite. Yep, joined as soon as I saw it.

1. Moscow made some massive waves on the UFA market this off-season acquiring Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen & Gritty. What advice do you have for your new teammates to help them get comfortable playing in Moscow?

Let Edward handle the fights. Seriously, I'd say continue to do what they do best, don't be afraid to chat in the locker room and have fun.

I won't use my big clapper since he's our goalie, I would probably go quick wrist shot 5 hole.

I would like to improve on hits, but I'm not set on a single number, I just want to improve.

4. Despite gaining Smitty and Gritty, Moscow lost two regular roster members in Mark Gebauer & Evgeni Komarov. Who do you miss more? Pour out some liquor for both.

I miss them both, they definitely were good guys, will be fun to play against them and get some jokes on ice. They indeed never refused a little liquor.

My bet is Seattle.

6. Have you joined the NEW Moscow Menace Discord server? If not, please PM gorlab for an invite. 

I did, finally out of May's power! Unfortunately it's falling back quickly in activity.

1) I am Gritty so I am not sure how to answer this question. We both seem to be fitting in great so far as the team is doing outstanding

2) The one handed tuck always works on Berny. Think like the R1 L1 breakaway move in NHL 20.

3) Getting a point per game would be awesom

4) I never played with either but Komarov. He seemed super excited about Moscow and it is a shame he went inactive.

5) Vancouver is under rated and will most likely make it even though Seattle is so hyped

4) I never played with either but Komarov seemed all about Moscow and really excited about it. It is a shame he went pretty much inactive.