Moscow Menace Press Conference

1. play average, and you'll be doing better then most of the team is right now

2. pretending to hold up the vhlm cup

3. malmo cause when we win we can steal all their swedish blonde girlfriends

4. he should find a good balance between offense and staying out of the box

5. very likely, hopefully i have a better career then whatever they pick, then @Victorwill be crowned drafting champion

6. lord of the rings by a very slim margin.

1. Finn Davison is the newest member of the Menace! Give him a warm welcome with some advice for playing in Moscow!

Welcome to the team bud! My advice would be to talk to everyone at first, get to know everyone, we are a very lovely team!

2. It's team photograph day, and the photographer asks you to do an action pose. What's your go-to hockey pose?

Flexing all day, everyday

3. The EU conference is still pretty much wide open. Who is your preference to play in round 1 between Helsinki, Riga, and Malmo?

Malmo, always good games against Malmo!

4. Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen has not only been dominating on the offensive side of the puck, but he's also on the verge of leading the league in PIMs as well. Has he gone mad with power? Should Smitty slow down or keep busting heads?

Keep busting head, it's good imo

5. Victor sent a S70 1st round pick to Davos for Davison to beef up our cup run. How likely do you think it is that the player Davos takes with that pick will be a bust?

I don't think it will be one, but I might be wrong, been a while since I checked the VHLM.

6. Are you interested in asking team presser questions one week? If so, please provide an answer to this question....... Just kidding, but if you want to do it, just @ me in the LR or PM me or something................................................... Lord of the Rings or Indiana Jones trilogy?

Indiana Jones trilogy.

1. Finn Davison is the newest member of the Menace! Give him a warm welcome with some advice for playing in Moscow!

Just play your game and you'll be alright.

2. It's team photograph day, and the photographer asks you to do an action pose. What's your go-to hockey pose?

Smiling.

3. The EU conference is still pretty much wide open. Who is your preference to play in round 1 between Helsinki, Riga, and Malmo?

I don't really have a preference I'm more focused on getting in this year after missing.

4. Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen has not only been dominating on the offensive side of the puck, but he's also on the verge of leading the league in PIMs as well. Has he gone mad with power? Should Smitty slow down or keep busting heads?

I think we need a bit of sandpaper on our team so I think its good.

5. Victor sent a S70 1st round pick to Davos for Davison to beef up our cup run. How likely do you think it is that the player Davos takes with that pick will be a bust?

It's hard to say, the draft is pretty unpredictable.

6. Are you interested in asking team presser questions one week? If so, please provide an answer to this question....... Just kidding, but if you want to do it, just @ me in the LR or PM me or something................................................... Lord of the Rings or Indiana Jones trilogy?

No I'm not, but I appreciate you doing this. Lord of the Rings.

1. Finn Davison is the newest member of the Menace! Give him a warm welcome with some advice for playing in Moscow!

Good luck bro.  We don't play much defence around here so you'll have to bail us oit

Laying down on the Ice as at this point in my career I'm too old to stand. 

3. The EU conference is still pretty much wide open. Who is your preference to play in round 1 between Helsinki, Riga, and Malmo?

Malmo so we can crush those bastards. 

4. Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen has not only been dominating on the offensive side of the puck, but he's also on the verge of leading the league in PIMs as well. Has he gone mad with power? Should Smitty slow down or keep busting heads?

Keep busting heads.  Guys will be scared of him and he will get the space to keep on scoring 

We will win the cup so that will be the last pick in round one so theres a great chance it will be a bust. 

6. Are you interested in asking team presser questions one week? If so, please provide an answer to this question....... Just kidding, but if you want to do it, just @ me in the LR or PM me or something................................................... Lord of the Rings or Indiana Jones trilogy? 

Not a big fan of either but of the two I'd probably pick lord of the rings because of smeagle.  The best trilogy would be star wars 

1. Finn Davison is the newest member of the Menace! Give him a warm welcome with some advice for playing in Moscow! I don't think this man needs any advice, he's already playing well for us. 

2. It's team photograph day, and the photographer asks you to do an action pose. What's your go-to hockey pose?

Stiff as a board staring straight ahead because there's no fucking way you'll catch me posing for a picture.

3. The EU conference is still pretty much wide open. Who is your preference to play in round 1 between Helsinki, Riga, and Malmo? Anyone other than Malmo, because if we lose to them in the 1st round we'll never hear the end of it. 

4. Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen has not only been dominating on the offensive side of the puck, but he's also on the verge of leading the league in PIMs as well. Has he gone mad with power? Should Smitty slow down or keep busting heads? I think we're all good as long as he chills out in the playoffs. 

5. Victor sent a S70 1st round pick to Davos for Davison to beef up our cup run. How likely do you think it is that the player Davos takes with that pick will be a bust?

No clue, I haven't been following this draft class at all.

6. Are you interested in asking team presser questions one week? If so, please provide an answer to this question....... Just kidding, but if you want to do it, just @ me in the LR or PM me or something................................................... Lord of the Rings or Indiana Jones trilogy? I've done them in the past and I'd do them again to give you a break every once in a while haha. Indiana Jones I guess, I think I fell asleep through every Lord of the Rings movie as a kid.

***** NEW QUESTIONS *****

1. Do you like the VHL's 12 days of Christmas? Do you think you'll post in every daily thread?

2. What are you hoping to get as a gift this Christmas irl?

3. If you had to pick a Moscow teammate to get into a bar fight with, who would you pick and why?

4. What's the last movies you watched and how was it?

5. How many players do you think Moscow will be sending to the S69 All-Star Game?

6. Does your player need a new forum sig? If so, what render (NHL player) would you like it to be?

1. Do you like the VHL's 12 days of Christmas? Do you think you'll post in every daily thread?

some nice TPE, thanks. and I won't be surprised if I'll forget about one or even more days.

don't care bout x-mas

3. If you had to pick a Moscow teammate to get into a bar fight with, who would you pick and why?

randomizer chose Gritty. ok, let it be.

not watching them

5. How many players do you think Moscow will be sending to the S69 All-Star Game?

three or four maybe. the first three scorers should be a lock and then maybe some more.

6. Does your player need a new forum sig? If so, what render (NHL player) would you like it to be?

I'm forgetting to put them into my sig anyways, so nah

On 12/15/2019 at 5:29 AM, gorlab said:

1. I already missed a day but going forward yes I will be making a point to check in and claim.

2. Alcohol usually is a good one. 

3. Smitty for sure! He could bust a skull or two.

4. Christmas Vacation was the last movie I watched. It's a classic for this time of the year.

5. If I were to guess I'd say at least two. Though it would be argued that there should be more.

6. I mean sure. someone like Tom Wilson, Jamie Benn, Evander Kane. Any one of those guys would fit Baillie. 

Yes I love free TPE, who doesnt.

Probably Wine or some other alcohol.  Last year my wife got me a beer supscription where you get 12 different beers each month.  She says she wont get me it again but hoping that she still does.

Gritty as he looks terrifying and looks like he could easily kill anyone.

I watched Alone where the Toronto Symphony Orchestra played all the music.  It was amazing to see them play, It was so good.

I'd say at least 3.  We have some dominant players on the team

For my new player I do but I'd wait to see who drafts him so that he can look like that team.

1. I’ve already missed 2 days so I’m planning on doing the last 6 for sure and hopefully get a decent end prize!

2. I don’t really want/need much! Gift cards are always nice lol.

3. Gritty 100%, is that even a question?

4. Pirates of the Caribbean, still great as always!

5. I’d guess 2-3.

6. Jerome Iginla my favourite player growing up!

1. Moscow will be playing Helsinki in round 1 of the S69 playoffs. Who's your favourite player on Helsinki and why?

2. How many games do you think the Moscow / Helsinki series goes?

3. Now that the regular season is over, which NA team would you like to see make it to the finals and why?

4. The VHL recently announced a new annual charity drive. This year we are donating to Make-A-Wish. Do you know any other good charities the VHL can use in years to come?

5. Smitty is battling to hold onto the point lead for defencemen with 1 game to go. Give him some good encouragement.

6. Playoff Hype!! Do you have any VHL Playoff superstitions?  I personally will not wash my genitals until the Menace are eliminated or cup winners.

Just now, gorlab said:

1. Moscow will be playing Helsinki in round 1 of the S69 playoffs. Who's your favourite player on Helsinki and why?

3. Now that the regular season is over, which NA team would you like to see make it to the finals and why?

4. The VHL recently announced a new annual charity drive. This year we are donating to Make-A-Wish. Do you know any other good charities the VHL can use in years to come?

5. Smitty is battling to hold onto the point lead for defencemen with 1 game to go. Give him some good encouragement.

6. Playoff Hype!! Do you have any VHL Playoff superstitions?  I personally will not wash my genitals until the Menace are eliminated or cup winners.

1. For me, I'll have to go with Jesse Wilson. I like how he's gone about his career, very professional and I think he's had an underrated career.

2. I'm thinking Moscow dumpstered Helsinki in 6 games.

3. I'd like to see Seattle Bears make the VHL finals, so (hopefully) Moscow can crush their dreams of back-to-back cups which would produce some good PJSalt levels. 

• Admin
10 hours ago, gorlab said:

1. I've always like Julian Borwinn @Jubo07 for some reason, back when he was a rookie he just had that future superstar vibe about him so pleased to see I got that one right. HM to Pepper @Sonnet, love a franchise goalie who sticks from start to end.

2. Could easily go down the wire, my heart won't be able to take it but Game 7 is in the future I feel.

3. I think Vancouver deserves it and I like the way they built the team. But if we're on the other side of the finals, I'd rather face Toronto, we seem to have their number.

4. Many good ones have been brainstormed in the BOG, I feel like I'd be spoiling the fun by revealing them all now. :P

5. The other guy is a retiring Indian scrub, Smitty, you got this.

6. I love the ol' playoff avatar although after that backfired a bit last time might just go dry this time around.

On 12/22/2019 at 5:35 AM, gorlab said:

1. Gotta be Pepper. No disrespect to Julian borwinn. Ever since I can l came to vhl I've watched Pepper be dominant and consistent 

2. If I were to guess I'd say 6 or 7.

3. I mean Vancouver has earned everything they've accomplished so I gotta go with them.

4. Make a wish is great, SickKids foundation, of course there's always your local food banks, Big Brothers and Sisters. There's tons of wonderful charities for kids and at this time of the year that's the most important thing.

5. Well it's over now but what a hell of a season for gritty! I'm happy that I'm playing with him and not against him that's for sure.

6. I'm not really that superstitious but I don't wash my gloves until after the playoffs. I did it in Vegas when we won and I've been doing it ever since.

1. Julien borwinn he is a beast winger

2. Probably 6

3. Vancouver came up out of nowhere and left the rest of us in the dust so I’d go with them

4. The Canadian food bank!

5. Go get em smitty

6. Tape my stick for at least 20 mins it’s gotta be perfect

I'd say Sidney Crosby as he's a fellow dman I played with while with Helsinki. 

I'd say 6 but 7 wouldn't surprised me. 

New York as they are a former team of mine so if we don't win they may as well. 

I'd go with Alzheimer's or the cancer foundation as I have family inflicted with those diseases. 

Since I'm late to the party my words are for him to kick ass in the playoffs and become the MVP while leading us to a championship. 

6. Playoff Hype!! Do you have any VHL Playoff superstitions? I personally will not wash my genitals until the Menace are eliminated or cup winners

No I don't believe in that shit. So many superstitious Italians so not believing is rare.  So many Sicilian superstitions,  they are the craziest lol. 

I can't say I have one, have to go into the series with the mindset of no friends.

Whichever one is the best matchup for us if we make it that far as well.

I think Make-A-Wish is a great one and we should continue to do that.

I think I'm a bit late to the party for that now.

No superstitions yet, but let's see how far we get.

On 12/22/2019 at 2:35 AM, gorlab said:

1) I think Pepper is my favorite Titan, due to the fact that we are both American goalies and I think that he is kinda a role model of what to do. 

2) I'm guessing Moscow in 6 - we got this.

3) I would like to see Toronto, for two reasons. One, I think it would be a nice send-off for Devise, but also they are the weakest team in NA playoffs, so of course I'd love it if we could face them. Especially considering NY weirdly had our number. 

4) One that is really close to my heart is the MS Foundation (Multiple Sclerosis), as my mother has it. 

5) Smitty, you carried me in Fantasy last season, so you better do it again!

6) I do not! Never been in the playoffs before so I haven't been able to create them yet (Though I guess VHLM we did win, so idk). 

Not much to say here. If only Aston Martin, he's one of main reasons why Helsinki was successful in regular season. Underrated player.

Tough to say, I believe Moscow takes it in 7.

Don't care much, but would be interesting against either Vancouver or Seattle for different reasons.

No idea tbh.

YOU BLEW IT!

Nice way how to scare opponents away and take the championship.

1. A disappointing end to S69 for the Menace, but making it to the EU Finals is a great achievement for such a young team. What was your highlight for S69?

2. Riga will be facing the winner of Seattle/Vancouver in the finals. Which team are you rooting for and why?

3. Upper Deck has approached your player for an autograph deal. You have to hand-sign 5,000 hockey cards but since it's your first autograph deal, you don't get paid much. Are you interested? What color ink do you use to sign?

4. The VHL's first annual christmas charity drive was a resounding success, with the league members meeting our donation goal within a few hours. Have you claimed your free doubles week yet?  (Everybody gets one, regardless of donating or not)

5. Moscow will be headed to the golf course for the rest of S69. What type of club is your favourite? Woods, irons, or the all-mighty putter?

6. Have you been following the S70 VHL draft class at all? Do you have any suggestions for late-round gems that Moscow can draft? 

1. A disappointing end to S69 for the Menace, but making it to the EU Finals is a great achievement for such a young team. What was your highlight for S69?

Taking another step with our team and improving together.

2. Riga will be facing the winner of Seattle/Vancouver in the finals. Which team are you rooting for and why?

I don't really have a preference.

3. Upper Deck has approached your player for an autograph deal. You have to hand-sign 5,000 hockey cards but since it's your first autograph deal, you don't get paid much. Are you interested? What color ink do you use to sign?

I'd probably say no, I'm not a fan of autograph hounds.

4. The VHL's first annual christmas charity drive was a resounding success, with the league members meeting our donation goal within a few hours. Have you claimed your free doubles week yet?  (Everybody gets one, regardless of donating or not)

No I hadn't.

5. Moscow will be headed to the golf course for the rest of S69. What type of club is your favourite? Woods, irons, or the all-mighty putter?

Drive for show, putt for dough.

6. Have you been following the S70 VHL draft class at all? Do you have any suggestions for late-round gems that Moscow can draft? 

I haven't been paying attention to be honest. I trust Victor to make the right decisions.

I had career high stats which was awesome, but I think  just playing on a line with Jet and Randoms was my highlight. Those guys are a lethal tandem.

2. Riga will be facing the winner of Seattle/Vancouver in the finals. Which team are you rooting for and why?

I'll be rooting for Riga, they took us out and a European team deserves to take it all.

Yeah I'm interested but I'm not sure any fans will be, my handwriting/signature look fucking atrocious.

Yep just claimed it right now, awesome job guys.

I think I've been golfing like once.... just put whatever club I need into my hands and I'll play though. 

I haven't followed the VHLM since I was promoted.

On 1/3/2020 at 8:49 PM, gorlab said:

1) Definitely grabbing my first VHL shutout, that was awesome.

2) Riga for sure. I don't want a repeat winner, plus this is kinda the last window for a lot of legends on the Riga team, also if they win it means we lost to the champs. 

3) I think I just won't do it :P 

Nah, probably just black

4) No I have not yet, I need to do my point task.

5) Putt putt all the way

6) Nah I haven't actually. 

A first half of the season. Then Randoms went inconsistent and never truly recovered.

Riga.

5000? I'm about to hate my sign after like 100th smh.

No and will likely not as I'm not doing PT's anymore.

Not playing golf.

Any guy from 20th spot who is at least trying to claim welfare.

On 1/3/2020 at 11:49 PM, gorlab said:

1. Honestly making it to the EU finals was the highlight for me. Been here since day one I've been through all the struggles of been a young team and to see us our first playoff series win was huge.

2. Riga because they were the ones that eliminated us. Bring that cup back to the EU.

3. Of course I do. We all remember getting our favourite players cards and it was the cherry on top of it was signed. I'd love to extend that feeling too the next group of hockey fans. I'd be signing in gold.

4. Not yet, it's hard for me to get time to do media spots with work and life. And since I do mostly everything from my phone not sure if I would be able to do graphics.

5. All drive just bombing down the fairway.

6. I haven't been following too much but I was a later pick myself. So anything can happen haha

Edited by wcats