Owen May Press Conference

1. Recently, you were taken #11 overall in the VHL Entry Draft by Moscow. Tell us why you should have been at least #10.

2. The Menace have been projected to be, well, not that good, and so far their games have reflected that. Do you think the team is right for you?

3. What are your thoughts on the rivalry that seems to be brewing with Malmo?

4. Jerry Garcia recently scored his first career VHL goal against you, and some in Houston have speculated that it's because he knows your tendencies, having played with you for a year. What do you know about him that might help you shut him down in the future?

5. Have you met Putin yet? If so, what was he like?

6. You've applied for a few league jobs in the past season, but haven't been hired yet. Tell us why you should be hired the next time you throw out an application.

@FacebookFighter

1. Recently, you were taken #11 overall in the VHL Entry Draft by Moscow. Tell us why you should have been at least #10.

1. With all the hype surrounding the draft, I was really hoping to go in the first round. Unfortunately, I had to wait one more pick but I'm thankful none the less.

2. The Menace have been projected to be, well, not that good, and so far their games have reflected that. Do you think the team is right for you?

2. It'll certainly be hard. I'm a guy who likes to win and it appears I'll have to be patient for that day to come.

3. What are your thoughts on the rivalry that seems to be brewing with Malmo?

3. I think it's a healthy part of the league and there's nothing wrong with a little bad blood makes it all the more interesting.

4. Jerry Garcia recently scored his first career VHL goal against you, and some in Houston have speculated that it's because he knows your tendencies, having played with you for a year. What do you know about him that might help you shut him down in the future?

4. The only tendency I have is letting a former teammate put one in when we're being blown out. It's one and done. I just wanted to be there for the first to congratulate him. But now we'll see how lucky he gets ;)

5. Have you met Putin yet? If so, what was he like?

He's really into anime. He told me his favorite was Cory in the House. Weird to pick a live action adaptation but atleast he's an ass man. Everyone knows animated booty sits a little high on Cory, ya feel?

6. You've applied for a few league jobs in the past season, but haven't been hired yet. Tell us why you should be hired the next time you throw out an application.

6. I feel like I'm dedicated to this league and think it has a lot of potential. I definitely want to be a part of it going forward. I hope the day comes when I can be a popular face around the league. I feel if given the chance I could build a real dynasty.

1. What do you see as the biggest strength in your game?

2. What's one area of your game that needs a bit of work?

3. What part of the VHL experience are you most excited for?

4. How welcoming has the VHL been to you?

5. What are your goals for the upcoming season?

On 5/9/2019 at 4:32 PM, Blawn said:

1. What do you see as the biggest strength in your game?

2. What's one area of your game that needs a bit of work?

3. What part of the VHL experience are you most excited for?

4. How welcoming has the VHL been to you?

5. What are your goals for the upcoming season?

1. Definitely reaction time. Getting deflections and in tight opportunities are parts of my game I feel comfortable with.

2. Consistency, very often in this early season I have games where I make 47-50 saves but turn around and have games where I go 17-21. It's tough to have confidence if that pattern continues.

3. I think the big time games! Obviously, Moscow is a long way away from reaching that point but I feel we'll get there eventually. I want to play in games where the entire league stops to watch

4. At times I've had to deal with some unkind people but the general population of the league has been very kind and supportive. It's been a fun time being here.

5. Win double-digit games. I'd like to be recognized as a top goalie and you can't do that without winning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S- Make sure to ask 6 questions! I'm very grateful you took time to ask questions but just for future reference!

On 5/9/2019 at 10:03 PM, SlapshotDragon said:

1. Tips for aspiring younger goaltenders?

2. What are you looking forward to when it comes to your career in the VHL?

3. What is your favourite colour?

4. Would you rather have 1 confirmed championship or 2 finals appearences?

5. Favourite gear brand?

1. Be patient. The league does not favor goaltenders and it can be emotionally taxing. Just keep putting in the work and eventually it will come.

2. COMPETITIVE GAMES. I WANT THE CUP BABY....lol. But honestly I'm here to win and have fun.

3. Yellow, I'm kind of a copy cat. That was my best friends favorite color and over time it became mine.

4. Championship. No doubt, I wanna win. Finals mean nothing.

5. CCM. It was the gear gifted to me by a friend and I've refused to get anything else.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S- Make sure to ask 6 questions! I'm very grateful you took time to ask questions but just for future reference!

Since you've been doing Moscow's pressers, and I need 5 more questions for my press conference points this week, I'm back for more to help a brother out for next week (don't worry, here's 6).

1. If you had to change Owen May's nationality to anything outside of Europe, the US, or Canada, what would it be?

2. Name some of your favorite teammates in Moscow so far.

3. Moscow has won a few games lately. Has anything changed, or should this have already happened?

4. What's the most interesting thing you've seen in Russia?

5. Would you rather be the starting goalie on a bad team or the backup on a good team?

6. Does Team Europe have a chance at repeating in World Juniors?

@FacebookFighter

On 5/17/2019 at 2:29 PM, GustavMattias said:

Since you've been doing Moscow's pressers, and I need 5 more questions for my press conference points this week, I'm back for more to help a brother out for next week (don't worry, here's 6).

1. If you had to change Owen May's nationality to anything outside of Europe, the US, or Canada, what would it be?

2. Name some of your favorite teammates in Moscow so far.

3. Moscow has won a few games lately. Has anything changed, or should this have already happened?

4. What's the most interesting thing you've seen in Russia?

5. Would you rather be the starting goalie on a bad team or the backup on a good team?

6. Does Team Europe have a chance at repeating in World Juniors?

@FacebookFighter

1. Since he's originally from the states, he'd most likely represent the USA. For now I think he's content with being in Europe.

2. My favorite teammate is Beau, We had alot of time together in Houston and it's been an enjoyable time here in Moscow. Though he's been quiet in the locker room lately I'm sure he'll come back to himself.

3. I think we're coming into our own. We're young and we realise that this season is more about growth than victory.

4. I saw a man with nipple tassels that were made by adidas. I never thought that adidas would make something so racy.

5. I think I'd rather be on a good team as a back up. However, Ive enjoyed watching myself become a competitive man between the pipes.

6. I think we have a really good chance and I hope I can lead us to success.

Edited by FacebookFighter

@FacebookFighter I'M BAAAAAAAAAACK! Anything for a former teammate and current bro.

1. The Moscow-Malmo rivalry has been fairly even lately, and I'd concede that it's gotten quite a bit more interesting than at the beginning of the season. Your thoughts?

2. Is there anything in particular that you feel has gotten Moscow out of its initial start-of-the-season funk?

3. Jet Jaguar has been particularly notable among rookies. Is this because he's simply gotten more chances in Moscow, or is he really that good?

4. You recently posted a shutout. Was the vodka flowing in the locker room?

5. The Minnesota Storm just hired their new GM. Were you FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY, or you feel that it was a fair decision?

6. Assuming Moscow doesn't make the playoffs, who's your favorite for the cup?

1. The Moscow-Malmo rivalry has been fairly even lately, and I'd concede that it's gotten quite a bit more interesting than at the beginning of the season. Your thoughts?

I think it'll be up to next years draft if Malmo and Moscow remain competitive. I believe Moscow are a defensive core away from being a contending team. Malmo has had a good start but it'll be up to what they do in the offseason that determines their fate next year.

2. Is there anything in particular that you feel has gotten Moscow out of its initial start-of-the-season funk?

I think there was a change of attitude, a lot more guys being active and a more offensive approach to try to balance our weakness has been the main cause

3. Jet Jaguar has been particularly notable among rookies. Is this because he's simply gotten more chances in Moscow, or is he really that good?

I think it's both. He's offensively talented and has some great support options and has been given a lot of chances to prove himself

4. You recently posted a shutout. Was the vodka flowing in the locker room?

Definitely for me. It was a nice to feel like I did something for the team. A nice drink to celebrate never hurts.

5. The Minnesota Storm just hired their new GM. Were you FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY, or you feel that it was a fair decision?

Yes and yes. I understand that I don't have the noteriety but it would be nice to be given a chance. I've thrown my name out there a lot and have been turned down every time

6. Assuming Moscow doesn't make the playoffs, who's your favorite for the cup?

A buddy of mine plays for Helsinki so I'd like to see them raise the cup there.