Nano's thoughts on Free Agency [1/2]

Last week Defenseman Paolo Nano decided to remain a member of the New York Americans.  We caught up with Nano for his thoughts on remaining staying in New York and his thoughts on being a free agent and  the reasons for staying in New York and his interests away from the rink.

What was i like to be a free agent for the first time in your career?

It was a pretty crazy process.  When it started I had no idea how many teams would be interested in me and was nervous that nobody would want me.  At the beginning of free agency I let New York know that I would be very interested in re-signing but I still wanted to go through the free agency process.   On the opening day I was contacted by all of my former teams and at that point I knew I was going most likely going to sign with one of them. I had a career year in Moscow last season and they were a strong contender but at this point in my career I wanted to have a chance at winning a cup.  I also had discussions with Seattle but like with Moscow I wasn’t looking to another rebuild. I also was looking to sign either in Europe or on the east coast of the United States to be closer to home. Its a much longer flight for family members to come for a visit on the west coast and that played a factor in my decision.   That being said, I was about to sign the offer with New York when Vancouver made a last minute pitch but that ended when they signed another Defenseman. So at that point it was time to stay in New York.

What made you decide on staying in New York?

New York is such a great city to live in with a strong Italian community where I can feel like being at home.   There are so many wonderful restaurants and cafes to go to in little Italy. Some of the other teams are able to offer a great hockey environment on the ice but they can’t offer that plus the lifestyle here in New York.  We have a great group in New York and last season didn't end the way we wanted it to with such a short playoff run. I am excited to rebound from that disappointment and make a cup run this season.

What do you like to do away from the rink?

As a true Italian I love soccer and enjoy watching whenever I get a chance.  My favourite team is Juventus and although we’ve had a great season its been a disappointing year with another failed year in the Champions League despite signing Ronaldo last season.  I also love food and wine food like any other Italian. I enjoy watching the food network to unwind with a glass of wine after games. My favourite food would probably be pizza on most days with Pasta being a close second.   There are some great pizza places here in New York, the best being Lombardi’s but nothing compares to having a pizza in Napoli. My favourite pizza is basically margherita with some hot sopressata added to it.

Word Count 541

• 2 months later...

Review: It probably happened if you copied the media spot from like google docs or something, but having the whole thing be bold is a little bit of an eyesore, I think it would improve the readability to reformat that a little bit, but in terms of content, great work! I love the bit about soccer (football), I'm a fan myself.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Nano's thoughts on Free Agency [1/2]