New graphics competition?

Motzaburger

One of the main reasons I returned to this forum is to be able to work on weekly/monthly graphics. I loved that about this forum when I was here before and I think it should be a big part of the creativity process for us players. After all we are all creating a vision/identity of these players and who we see them to be.  

That being said, I would like to volunteer as tribute to organize a graphics competition.

Obviously I have no authority to grant TPE to any winners, this is up to the higher ups and will be just for fun in the meantime. 

*Please mods, close this or contact me if I am out of line with this - but it's for the people! 

Please comment in this thread if this is something you are interested in. 

Be sure to indicate any type of rules/structure for the league/competition so we can come to somewhat of a consensus on the process AND HAVE FUN doing so.  

The following are ideas I have about a weekly/monthly competition/league:

- One entry per week/month

- Different categories of graphics (sigs, wallpapers, player cards)

- Competition is one-on-one or can have two different leagues (i.e., VHL/VHLM) where each team puts forward an entry (decided upon internally)

- All entries would be sent to me then I would make a poll for voting

- Can either have GFX standings and have a constantly battle for the top spot, or simply can have one winner each month that gets dubbed the champion that month

banner.thumb.jpg.971745a291aab0b91476e3735d4cce87.jpg

I like the idea, but I would not offer TPE for it. It's unfair to anyone who cannot do graphics. 

If you're doing one a week, hold it as a tournament and when they send you the graphic, or post it in that thread - count is as their weekly 6 TPE submission. 

14 minutes ago, Banackock said:

I like the idea, but I would not offer TPE for it. It's unfair to anyone who cannot do graphics. 

If you're doing one a week, hold it as a tournament and when they send you the graphic, or post it in that thread - count is as their weekly 6 TPE submission. 

Perfect. I will draft a few types of rules and make a poll for the style

Just now, Motzaburger said:

Perfect. I will draft a few types of rules and make a poll for the style

I love these styles of tournaments. Brings out the best in the community and I love when members showcase their graphic skills. :D