Halifax Season Review So Far [2/2]

fonziGG

This season, Halifax has had a mixed bag of results based on a full reshuffle on the team due to the draft. Halifax has a new GM, Aranthuil, who’s been promoted from AGM. The team seems to be very top heavy and it shows by their goal difference (21), with 47 goals forward and 35 goals against. They are 7 wins, 3 losses, and 1 overtime loss and are ranked 4 in the league with 13 points as we speak.

Today, I spoke with a few of the Halifax players just to gauge their thoughts on the team and how to improve and the future.

What do you think of the team so far?

“Been a fun group to play with. I  think our locker room has a great atmosphere.” - Thorvald Gunnarsson

“I think the team is on their way to a cup, we've had a rocky start but I think a lot of the holes are being filled in. It's been a mess but as we play more games the more we turn into a team instead of individual players.” - Acyd Burn

“We have a great group and environment right now. We’ve also got a great set of staff that encourage us all to work harder. I can see us going deep.” - Michael Johnson

Who do you think will be your MIP (Most Improved Player) this season?

“Well I think Acyd Burn will take that.  He has started rough, but I really see him getting hot then becoming a threat from the bottom six. Might even push for top six minutes” - Thorvald Gunnarsson

“Most improved player at the end of the season, I think will be Hugh Chan. He's had a slow start but I expect him to pick it up and really contribute from the back end. Scouts should look out for him, I think he's going to be a tremendous player.” - Acyd Burn

“I think it’s definitely got to be Acyd Burn. He’s been an absolute force in the gym and in practices, it’s just about time to see it translate in a game. I think maybe he’s got some nerves but let me tell ya, he’s going to be a stud.” - Michael Johnson

What do you think you need to improve on as a team?

“Our consistency.  We can dominate one night and come out flat the next.  Gotta bring our A game every night if we wanna meet our goals.” - Thorvald Gunnarsson

“I think as a team we need to improve on defense, not to say defenseman. Defense overall as a team, from the forwards back. We have to be responsible for our two way play and not leave the goalies out to dry. That's how you win games, be responsible and play a two way game. The best coaches always say that offense wins games, but defense wins championships.” - Acyd Burn

“I think right now, our overall defense is a bit of an issue but I can see it improving day in and day out. Our entire team, including me, has to work on communicating on defense so we can get it pumped out.” - Michael Johnson

Where do you think Halifax will position by the end of the season?

“I think we are middle seed for playoffs at the end of the regular season, but we get hot and win it all.” - Thorvald Gunnarsson

“I think Halifax will be top 4 by the end of the season, I think we're just missing one piece from our line up and we can really be a cohesive team. I think we'll make it to the playoffs, and the finals game. I would like to think we'll win the cup but this curse is getting the better of us.” - Acyd Burn

“I can see us going into the top 4 and pushing deep into the playoffs if we stay consistent and focused. I would love to give Halifax a cup.” - Michael Johnson

Edited by fonziGG

• 1 month later...

Review: Hey there! I really like the article, I thought it was cool how you structured the interview with 3 players answering each question, I feel like that made the piece feel a little special compared to a lot of media spot interviews. Great job!

2 minutes ago, fonziGG said:

I asked you and you said you were busy

WHAT THE FUCK, IM NEVER BUSY, I JUST PRETEND TO BE BUSY BECAUSE IM LAZY, BUT IF SOMEONE WANTS TO INTERVIEW ME, I ALWAYS MAKE TIME

15 minutes ago, Thranduil said:

WHAT THE FUCK, IM NEVER BUSY, I JUST PRETEND TO BE BUSY BECAUSE IM LAZY, BUT IF SOMEONE WANTS TO INTERVIEW ME, I ALWAYS MAKE TIME

WELL IT HAPPENED WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO ABOUT IT?

3 minutes ago, fonziGG said:

WELL IT HAPPENED WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO ABOUT IT?

return it to the video rental place

Edited by Thranduil

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Halifax Season Review So Far [2/2]