Hiring S66 WJC GMs

Dil

Hello fellow VHLers! As you may already know, the S66 World Junior Championships will be starting soon and with that, we will have to hire 5 General Managers to represent the different teams in the tournament. Being a GM in the WJC is a great place for new members to gain valuable skills that a GM has that they can hopefully one day translate into a VHLM and/or VHL job!

What does a WJC GM do?

- Selecting a roster of players to represent your country.

- Helping to generate discussion with your selected team-mates in both your respective team forum and in game threads.

- Submitting lines for each game (No experience doing this? No worries! Feel free to reach out to the commissioners, your team-mates, or other GMs!)

- Learning new and valuable skills that can help you advance in the VHL!

List of Teams

Team Canada CA.png

Team USA US.png

Team Europe EU.png (All Europe, excluding Russia) 

Team Asia ?(All Asia, including Russia)

Team World ?️ (All other countries and players not selected for the above four teams)

Things To Consider

- A 2 capped TPE pay will be awarded to General Managers, providing an extra incentive for those thinking about applying for the role. 

- Primarily, we will be looking to have teams represented by General Managers that own players of the same nationality. 

- If you're someone with no previous management experience in the VHL, then a role as WJC General Manager is a great way to introduce you to the basic concepts of managing a team.

How To Apply

To apply for a GM position, click and fill out this form

Reminder: You do not have to have ANY GM or STHS experience prior to being a WJC GM. This is a way for new members to gain said experience so don't hesitate to apply!

Resources

WJC Section on Forum

WJC S66 Eligibility

WJC Rules

Championship History + Player and GM all-time stats

Nation Rankings

Best of luck indeed, especially for our new guys! It's a ton of fun to manage, even if your team isn't great. DO NOT HESITATE to apply if you're new!

6 minutes ago, MexicanCow123 said:

Applied for Team Canada as well @Jubo07 Would be a massive opportunity for me to learn the ropes of a GM! 

Mexican has been a great AGM thus far and I think this opportunity would help his growth into becoming a VHLM GM some day. While he has a small grasp and understanding of what a GMs duties are, he has yet to experience it hands on. This would give him an opportunity to learn the line system and just the overall process of being a GM. Make it happen! 

@DilIsPickle

Edited by InstantRockstar

20 minutes ago, InstantRockstar said:

Mexican has been a great AGM thus far and I think this opportunity would help his growth into becoming a VHLM GM some day. While he has a small grasp and understanding of what a GMs duties are, he has yet to experience it hands on. This would give him an opportunity to learn the line system and just the overall process of being a GM. Make it happen! 

@DilIsPickle

I say give it back to the Champ @Jubo07 ! Give Canada a chance to be great again under a pro, plus his world  jrs record is still as undefeated. Give the newbies a challenge! Plus It's always good to throw in at least one person who knows what the heck they are doing.

@DilIsPickle Btw I think it is messed up that it isn't public who applies, there has to be some form of transparency. 

Edited by BladeMaiden

Just now, BladeMaiden said:

I say give it back to the Champ @Jubo07 ! Give Canada a chance to be great again under a pro, plus his world  jrs record is still as undefeated. Give the newbies a challenge! Plus It's always good to throw in at least one person who knows what the heck they are doing.

Btw I think it is messed up that it isn't public who applies, there has to be some form of transparency. 

Jubo has tons of experience which is great, but the facts are just that, he’s been a GM and I think this experience should help those that don’t get that chance in the VHLM. No one is taking away what Jubo has done, I was on his winning team just two seasons ago. But if not Canada then I would have to hope Mexican at least gets the opportunity for another position :)

cheers 

7 minutes ago, InstantRockstar said:

Jubo has tons of experience which is great, but the facts are just that, he’s been a GM and I think this experience should help those that don’t get that chance in the VHLM. No one is taking away what Jubo has done, I was on his winning team just two seasons ago. But if not Canada then I would have to hope Mexican at least gets the opportunity for another position :)

cheers 

For sure, It does you credit to be backing your AGM and I am just doing the same thing for mine :) We'll see  what kind of plans the commissioners have this season. In the end most of the applicants deserve their chance, that is what makes it hard. I speak from 3 seasons of experience.

Edited by BladeMaiden

9 minutes ago, InstantRockstar said:

cheers 

Perhaps I should not have posted that I was applying. Its just the way we did this in the past. Ultimately the decision is for Dil and company to make and they will do what they see fit. I applied last season as well with the notation of hoping they would give it to someone new if I wasn't selected. However they gave it to a long time member anyway lol.

Edited by Jubo07

I'm applying for Canada. Sounds like a lot of fun and would be a great experience. If I don't get the job, I would love to be AGM. Would be great to put some experience under my belt!

Edited by fonziGG

4 minutes ago, FacebookFighter said:

I'm applying for Asia. I think it would be a good test to see if I should step into the gm world for the VHL/VHLM

Would not recommend Asia, speaking from personal experience, but good luck! It's great fun nonetheless, even if you don't win anything. 

Plus, I think my experience with Asia (even though I sucked as GM) may have been a factor in my hiring as GM this season. I learned quite a bit.

I'll apply for the USA. Played for them in the last WJC and I am super active and would also like to try my hand at a GM role. I am an AGM for Malmo as well. I just want one WJC GM role before I am no longer classified as a newer member. Please

Edited by Matt_O

2 hours ago, MexicanCow123 said:

Applied for Team Canada as well @Jubo07 Would be a massive opportunity for me to learn the ropes of a GM! 

2 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

Applying for Team Canada to bring back the Gold

Either of these people would be great fits for the job. You probably already know what you need to about jubo, but you might not be familiar with Mexican cow. He is a very active member on both discord and this site. I think he deserves a chance to represent the syrup land