Seattle Bears Press Conference

On 10/10/2020 at 6:12 PM, Banackock said:

Bana’s Quick Q’s

No gif because commies suck.

1. Thoughts on trading for Jim Bob?

2. Thoughts on the Bears season so far?

3. What team has surprised you so far?

4. Thanksgiving weekend for Canadians. What are you excited to eat this weekend if you're family is still doing that? 

5. What are you thankful for in life? Name some shit. Spread the joy. POSITIVE VIBES.

6. Predict your finals stats for your player. Goals, Assists and Points. GO! For hogan, also include SHOTS BLOCKED LOLS

Bana’s Quick Q’s

1. What is something you want to get done this week?

2. What were your thoughts on the boring trade deadline?

3. What did you think of this seasons theme week? Who was your MVP on your team?

4. What do you think next seasons theme week should be?

5. A company wants to sponsor your player. Who is it?

6. Your player bought a pet. What did they buy? What did they name it?

"I wanted to be traded... away from Halifax but that didn't happen so instead I'm going to try and crack the top 10 in scoring in the M"

"BORING? SEATTLE ADDED THE GREATEST PLAYER OF ALL TIME or at least better then that Dil loser. So it wasn't boring to me."

3. What did you think of this seasons theme week? Who was your MVP on your team?

"it was a blasted from the past for sure, getting to look back at the cup I won as a GM was so cool. Love those guys and I'm glad to take a look at those beauties."

"EASY! A week all about me! the legend gregreg, can't think of a better theme week."

"Bath and body works. Love me some candles."

"A black cat and their name is Ninja."

What is something you want to get done this week?

Cleaning the house to get it clean for when baby comes 

It was not boring for us.  We got a great player 

Didn't care for it, least favourite one since I've been in the league 

I don't know.  Not the creative type. 

Faxe beer as Uhtred loves beer and considers him self to be part Viking. 

He bought a hunting dog to hunt on his estate in bebbanburg.  The dog will be named Ragnar

11. Predict who will win the cup? Seattle of course. We won’t be stopped 

12. The league is expanding again, where would you add the team to? Edmonton and Kiev. Calgary needs a rival to beat the tar out of them. And the Ukraine would be a wonderful place for another European team. 

13. Which expansion team will do the best this season? London? LA has the worst logo, so not them 

14. If you had to get rid of one VHL team, which onewould it be? Calgary or Vancouver 

15. What was your best memory of this summer? Camping I guess. Couldn’t do too much this summer unfortunately 

16. What are your goals heading into fall, winter andalmost... 2021..? Getting married, pay off debt and get back in shape to hit 2021 hard

1. Thoughts on trading for Jim Bob?

He's 1st a fantastic member and 2nd a fantastic player, he's going to be a huge help when it comes to playoff hockey! 

2. Thoughts on the Bears season so far?

We've done well, wasn't pumped about our start, but we've gotten way better as the seasons gone on.

3. What team has surprised you so far?

Malmo has been playing better than i thought and Vancouver also doing a lot better than predicted. 

4. Thanksgiving weekend for Canadians. What are you excited to eat this weekend if you're family is still doing that? 

Just excited to have a 4 day weekend, get to relax and play some games.

5. What are you thankful for in life? Name some shit. Spread the joy. POSITIVE VIBES.

FAMILY, GOOD HEALTH CARE, PEOPLE THAT KINDA LOVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Predict your finals stats for your player. Goals, Assists and Points. GO! For hogan, also include SHOTS BLOCKED LOLS

I think i'll be on the top 10 in goals against and save % and i think i could finish number 1 in shutouts.

On 10/12/2020 at 7:31 PM, Banackock said:

Bana’s Quick Q’s

Bana’s Quick Q’s

1. The season i s dwindling down. What place do the Bears finish?

2. Which of Prague, Helsinki or Davos will miss the playoffs? Tight race over there!

3. Will Hogan get 1,000 shots blocked? You give him advice, what is it?

4. Who has been the Bears "hero" for this season? Feel free to name a few.

5. Who has been a nice surprise for Seattle this season? Feel free to name a few.

6. Who do you want to face first in the playoffs? Why?

@gregreg @Ricer13 @MexicanCow123 @TXC @Berocka @Rocket @a_Ferk @Dtayl @iRockstar @jRuutu @leafsman  @zepheter @oilmandan  @efiug

1. What is something you want to get done this week? I want to do my PTs early instead of last minute

2. What were your thoughts on the boring trade deadline? It wasn't boring, we got rid of Dil

3. What did you think of this seasons theme week? Who was your MVP on your team? My MVP was probably Kazimir Komarov. He was playoff MVP in our S72 Founder's Cup run in Sasky

4. What do you think next seasons theme week should be? Something that isn't stupid like the previous few seasons lol

5. A company wants to sponsor your player. Who is it? CCM, my player uses their equipment

6. Your player bought a pet. What did they buy? What did they name it? A pet rock named hoop

First in NA, second in the league as Moscow might be too far away, but Seattle is first in everybodys heart.

2. Which of Prague, Helsinki or Davos will miss the playoffs? Tight race over there!

I'll say Davos, they have scored the lowest amount of goals from those three teams, that might cost them a game or two at the end.

Of course! My advice would be to not leave the zone, be there waiting near our own net and just keep eating the puck.

Everybody has done their part, but of course the top players like Rice and Uhtred with defenders like Hogan, Omdhal, and Sundqvist have been crucial in the offensive end, especially the defenders. Having the blueline to chip in is big thing.

5. Who has been a nice surprise for Seattle this season? Feel free to name a few.

I don't know if it counts as a surprise, but Hogan, Omdahl, and Sundqvist are all in top-5 for team scoring, that is impressive.

Malmo could be fun, I have played few solid games against them lately.

1. The season is dwindling down. What place do the Bears finish?

Second in north america,  looks like we cant catch Vancouver unless they lose the last 4 games

I will go with prague as they play helsinki and vancouver.  whoever loses that prague and helsinki game will likely be out.

Unfortunately it looks like he will fall just short of 1,000.  My advice is to let us forwards turn the puck over if we have a big lead so that he can try and get more blocks

Kris Rice has been great and has helped Uhtred to have a career year.   Hulk Hogan who is a beast back there who can score and eat pucks.  

Uhtred getting close to 100 points, I didnt expect that.  Tonn leading the league in shutout is great and didnt expect that one

I dont care who we play as we can beat any team in the league.

"Who cares, the reason season starts when the regular season is over. The Bears know how to win and they will show the league what up!"

"I don't pay attention to subpar teams, but I'm going to say Prague because I know nothing about them." 

"NO, Bears are to go to give up that many shot on net. Advice? how about just play in the offence of zone and don't worry about blocking shots."

"ME, because I give the team hope for the future. They can play free and easy, knowing the future is safe!"

"Whatever the goalie's name is, he rebounded after a terrible start. He isn't great but is better then I thought that's for sure."

"WHO CARES? JUST ANOTHER TEAM TO DESTROY ON OUR WAY TO ANOTHER CUP."

1. The season i s dwindling down. What place do the Bears finish?

I think we could have made a push for 1st place in our conference and definitely top 3 overall

2. Which of Prague, Helsinki or Davos will miss the playoffs? Tight race over there!

I feel like if any teams going to blow it, it's got to be the Davos. Sorry not sorry Rayz, you stink.

3. Will Hogan get 1,000 shots blocked? You give him advice, what is it?

Just keep playing how your playing buddy. Don't need to change anything.

Kris Rice has been amazing. He wad a huge addition to our team.

I was a little surprised about Jacob Tonn's play. Only I'm his 2nd season in the VHL and he looked ready to be a top goalie.

Uhhhhhh idk. Maybe a trash team.

No more questions ?

Bana’s Quick Q’s

Oprah You Get A Gif GIF

1. Thoughts on how we ended the season?

2. Were you happy with your players play and results this season?

3. Thoughts on playing Toronto in "round 2"? Maybe make a prediction if you're feeling bold?

4. Who was the Bears MVP this season?

5. What are you willing to sacrifice to BABA GANUSH to give us the powers and dark magic luck to beat TOR?

6. Are you excited for Halloween? What are your plans?

BONUS**

7. What is one of your favorite meals and why?

@gregreg @Ricer13 @MexicanCow123 @TXC @Berocka @Rocket @a_Ferk @Dtayl @iRockstar @jRuutu @leafsman  @zepheter @oilmandan  @efiug

Thoughts on how we ended the season?

2. Were you happy with your players play and results this season? Wasn’t too happy. Felt it was a bit of a step back. Overall, the team did well. So that’s the main thing. Will tinker and hopefully have a better year in the next one. 

3. Thoughts on playing Toronto in "round 2"? Maybe make a prediction if you're feeling bold? I think we have a good shot against them, Toronto hockey teams have trouble exiting their first round so I like our chances. 

4. Who was the Bears MVP this season? Randy Marsh of course. Someone has to keep the peace

5. What are you willing to sacrifice to BABA GANUSH to give us the powers and dark magic luck to beat TOR? I’d give up my new CCM tacks skates I just bought. That’s a pretty big sacrifice 

6. Are you excited for Halloween? What are your plans? Umm it’s the day after my wedding, so probably be a hangover day for me

BONUS**

7. What is one of your favorite meals and why? Ham, scalloped potatoes and ceaser salad. With a ceaser to drink.  Ham is such an underrated holiday food. Way better than turkey. Or if not that, then prime rib from the sawmill

Second in NA is not a bad spot to end the year, only six points to first spot and around the end we did have few losses, so finishing first was on the table as well, but overall good year.

I got 2 points in all of the last three games of the regular season, that was nice to see!

3. Thoughts on playing Toronto in "round 2"? Maybe make a prediction if you're feeling bold?

Should be a good one, I reckon we will win the series though, game seven victory would not be a surprise since Toronto is a good team.

Kriss Rice perhaps, Rice had the most goals in the team.

5. What are you willing to sacrifice to BABA GANUSH to give us the powers and dark magic luck to beat TOR?

I will cut half of my mullet and give it to Baba Ganush as a gift.

Halloween is not as huge thing over here, but I don't have any plans yet at least.

BONUS**

Pasta and meat, with some sauce. All day, every day

It wasn't good and now it has lead to a terrible playoffs. Need to be better down the stretch!

I was in the minors and was on the best team in the league but didn't get the playing time I wanted. Ended with 30+ goals and 80+ points so it was a good season just not a great one. 

4-1 Toronto because Seattle just isn't good enough this season without Strauss. Seattle will win next season with him in the lineup guaranteed!

Hogan from start to finish the best player by far. 

Yes, I would sacrifice you if I had too.

Hate Halloween with a passion! but do have some friends coming to hangout for the night, have some drinks and what not 

We ended well, thought our team was at the top of our game for the most part.

I thought for my 2nd season and my 1st getting the starting role i did okay. Could have been better, could have been worse.

Series now over, very disappointed, if i had to have predicted i would have said seattle in 5, but STHS hates us.

Kris Rice was huge for us. But overall i would say everyone. We all played our heart out.

Clearly we didn't sacrifice enough ?

Meh not really, mainly because im not doing much. Trying to get Josh and da BOYS to play some Phasmophobia.

Think we did great .

2. Were you happy with your players play and results this season? Sure am team work 

3. Thoughts on playing Toronto in "round 2"? Maybe make a prediction if you're feeling bold? Hope we win 

4. Who was the Bears MVP this season? Not sure 

5. What are you willing to sacrifice to BABA GANUSH to give us the powers and dark magic luck to beat TOR? Float like a butterfly sting like a bee.

6. Are you excited for Halloween? What are your plans? No 

BONUS**

7. What is one of your favorite meals and why? Spaghetti always liked it 

The season ended well for Uhtred as he hit 101 points but it was a disappointment team wise to not win the conference. 

I was happy as Uhtred had a career season scoring 101 points.  He also won the unofficial lowest pim award after losing it on a tie breaker last year. 

3. Thoughts on playing Toronto in "round 2"? Maybe make a prediction if you're feeling bold?

With the series no over it was a major disappointment.  I would have said bears in 5 but should have known better.  The sim hates us the year after we win.  After Uhtred's first cup we lost in round 1 the next season too. 

This one is hard as we have alot of great players here in Seattle.  I will go with hogan and rice as co MVP 

I guess it my fault we lost this series.  I didn't sacrifice enough it seems.  

I've never been a big Halloween guy.  With covid we just put out a candy bowl for the kids to take.  We live in Toronto which is one of the hotspots in the country and we got alot less kids because of it. 

BONUS**

Pizza and pasta.  When having Italian we split a pizza and then order a pasta dish as the main.  Great way to have both of my favourite foods in one meal. That was supposed to be last nights dinner but stupid restaurant/skip the dishes didn't send the pizza. 

1. Thoughts on how we ended the season? Could've done better. Losing to Toronto was disappointing.

2. Were you happy with your players play and results this season? I improved this season. I'm hoping that carries into next season.

3. Thoughts on playing Toronto in "round 2"? Maybe make a prediction if you're feeling bold? I would've said us in 5. Toronto overachieved.

4. Who was the Bears MVP this season? Have to say Kris Rice. Hogan didn't quite get to 1000 SB, which is disappointing.

5. What are you willing to sacrifice to BABA GANUSH to give us the powers and dark magic luck to beat TOR? I have no idea what that is lol.

6. Are you excited for Halloween? What are your plans? I hate halloween. I also had wisdom teeth removed so I couldn't really do anything anyway.

BONUS**

7. What is one of your favorite meals and why? Roast beef, but when my dad makes it on his green mountain grill. Once you have tried smoked meat, nothing else compares.

Bana’s Quick Q’s

Halloween Loop GIF by 29thfloor

1. Thoughts on Seattle losing to Toronto?

2. Who do you think wins the cup - Vancouver or Helsinki?

3. Anything to say to @TXC or @Berocka as they head out into the sunset (retiring)?

4. Who do you think should be Bears captain next season?

5. How do you think we can improve Tonn's play in goal?

6. How much do you think you could hold gorlab hostage for? What would your demands be?

BONUS**

7. What did you do for Halloween?

8. What is your favorite candy or chocolate? what is your least favorite?

9. Any good childhood Halloween stories?

@gregreg @Ricer13 @MexicanCow123 @TXC @Berocka @Rocket @a_Ferk @Dtayl @iRockstar @jRuutu @leafsman  @zepheter @oilmandan  @efiug

Not a good feeling, we had enough talent and skill to go all the way, but for whatever reason this is the result. Perhaps we were just unlucky in some games and could not get back into the series, who knows. Not the way we wanted to end the season - that is for sure.

Tough one, I'll say Helsinki in game seven purely because I know quite few of the players in the Helsinki roster, Titans have a good team!

3. Anything to say to @TXC or @Berocka as they head out into the sunset (retiring)?

Enjoy the retirement times! Come watch The Bears play sometimes.

Omdahl is a good pick, played in Seattle for long time.

Look for ways to improve his equipment somehow, new and interesting materials and of course try to make the equipment as big as possible.

6. How much do you think you could hold gorlab hostage for? What would your demands be?

If it's a hot day I would trade Gorlab for an ice cold beverage. What happens next happens, nothing better than cold drink in a hot day.

This is what happens when you don't put Leo Strauss on your team and now you are going to trade him? A Strauss curse is coming to the Bears.

Helsinki because Vancouver is a trash team that sucked Simons cock to get to the finals!

3. Anything to say to @TXC or @Berocka as they head out into the sunset (retiring)?

Who?

You need a leader, a player that will lead men and women. So I'd say Leo Strauss but you are going to trade him so... Good luck 

Is trading him an option? No? Then you are never going to win a cup. Have fun sucking!

Gorlab is barely worth a junior chicken. Not worth my time 

Toronto Poop, im pretty mad.

Playoffs is over now but i predicted that Van would come out on top.

3. Anything to say to @TXC or @Berocka as they head out into the sunset (retiring)?

Love having you guys for the short time i was here. Good luck with your next career! 

We'll they were just announced about an hour ago, i would have loved to see Kris get the C this season. Hes a veteran player that bleeds BEARZ.

Tonn just needs to keep getting better, we had the best Defense in the league last season. Hes just needs to grow, its his 3rd season now, i think hes ready.

Id hold him for free if thats what your asking. I'll let you do whatever you want to him.

7. What did you do for Halloween? Day after my wedding. So are breakfast and opened up gifts. Then pretty much sat around. Went out for dinner. So didn’t hand out candy 

8. What is your favorite candy or chocolate? what is your least favorite? Favourite was oh Henry fudge. They stopped making them while I had braces though. I miss them. 

9. Any good childhood Halloween stories? Better stories as an adult, but I just remember most years needing to have to have costumes that fit over winter jackets and snow pants. 

I’ll ask 3 questions too

Is Randy Marsh the best American on team USA? And why is he?

When will NHL hockey come back?

Should I make a new player once I retire Marsh? 

7. What did you do for Halloween?

Nothing really, at home and took it easy. Had a minor flu of some kind, all better now.

8. What is your favorite candy or chocolate? what is your least favorite?

I rarely eat candy or chocolate, but if you ever have the opportunity to try ''Fazerin Sininen'', good stuff.

9. Any good childhood Halloween stories?

Naah, Halloween was never a big thing when I was a kid, or it was not among my family and friends.

I'll ask some too!

1. Who is going to finish second behind us in NA next year?

2.  What attributes/elements make for a good VHL player?

3. Who is going to lead Seattle in goals scored during the upcoming season?