Seattle Bears Press Conference

26. For opening day, the Bears had a band play the opening anthem and a couple songs in between periods. Who was the band and what did they play?
Foo Fighters! The biggest hit they played was ''Never gonna give you up'' with Rick Astley, it was a great performance.

29. @Shiny had a massive first sim for his team in the M. 6 PTS in 2 GP! During his interview, his teammates slammed something into his face to be funny and celebrate. What was it? What was their reaction?
A delicious sandwich. I don't know what kind of sandwich it was, but it sure made a mess, I bet Shiny had to change the jersey and everything. Shiny did not look too bothered, which is nice to see. Bit of fun and all that.

30. @gregreg got mistaken for a celebrity while cruising around Seattle. Who did they confuse him for? What was his reaction?
Had to be Tom Selleck, that wicked mustache and dominant chest hair, who else but Tom? Greg played along nicely and did not make the fans feel bad by revealing his true identity.

31. What are your plans for the upcoming weekend?
Nothing major, relaxation.

32. Do you have any plans this year for Easter?
Same as above, nothing too big, went ''back home'' for few days and took it easy there, was nice.

33. When you think of Easter, what is one good memory that comes to mind for you?
Hmmm, this a tough one, all I can remember is eating chocolate eggs, but I can't remember for sure if that had something do with easter.

19. Predict the Bears record at the end of the 72 game regular season.

We will finish 42-30. Just because of the latest trade that made Bears just better. 

20. Predict your players offensive stats at the end of the 72 game regular season (VHL or M)

I am hopeful to finish at 60 points in 72 games. If I do that after the horrible start I had in Malmo, it would be an accomplishment. 

21. Who will be the Bears biggest player this up and coming season?

I believe in Timothy Brown, he is a true all-star player. 

22. Predict who you think will be the league MVP?
Pistal Stamen has been leading LA to a great season, I see him being a sure top candidate. 

23. Which goalie will reign supreme and be goalie of the year?

Grekkark seems like a guy who could do it - such a great season for a player of his callibre!

24. What team will make the finals from the EU? Why?

I believe in Warsaw - they have been improving with day and just keep amazing me. 

25. What team will make the finals from the NA? Why?

Seattle - is this a cocky thing to say?

On 3/31/2021 at 2:28 PM, Banackock said:

:sea: Bana's S77 Quick Q's :sea:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S77 VHL Index

S77 VHLM Index

EASTER

The Simpsons Easter GIF

31. What are your plans for the upcoming weekend?

32. Do you have any plans this year for Easter?

33. When you think of Easter, what is one good memory that comes to mind for you?

34. The Easter bunny brought the Bears some "stuff"? What did it bring?

35. @gregreg proposed a change to Easter. Instead of a bunny, he wants a _____ that delivers them. What other things did he want ____ to do? Example, a Easter Grasshopper, that hops and flies through the morning dew grass, delivering chocolate to all the boys and girls. You know he's coming when you hear the hopper fiddling.

36. @Kendrick plans to have the team over for a covid safe Easter team dinner. What is he cooking for us all??

37. @Shiny Snuck into the Bears LR and pulled an Easter prank on the team... what did they do?

38. @InstantRockstar came up with a secret plan to egg the commissioners homes. What is the strategy? How will you get away with it?

39. It's @drewowo first Easter with the Bears and maybe the league... for some reason, we always tell them they have to be initiated... how do we welcome him to VHL/SEATTLE EASTER?!?!

31. May check out the local Dek Hockey scene on Sunday.

34. Chocolate shaped liked wolves, so we can EAT OUR RIVALS HAHAHA

35. A Bear that brings colorful pucks to all

36. A good ol' Easter Ham

37. Came out of a giant egg

38. Surround the houses and then BLOT OUT THE SUN WITH EGGS!

QUESTIONS:

1. What are Seattle doing right at this point in time? 

2. Why is Phil The Rock Johnson only half sucking right now? He's actually starting to earn his keep?

3. What would @gregreg @Kendrickand I do if we went on an outing on a weekend?

4. What do you think of my new podcast series idea, starting maybe next Friday?

5.  Which team does the Bears have to worry about THE MOST?

6. How are YOU doing? No, really? How are you actually doing? If the answer is less than 90% awesome, always know you can reach out to me and talk if you want. I'm here for you!

31. What are your plans for the upcoming weekend? We ate food.

34. The Easter bunny brought the Bears some "stuff"? What did it bring? It brought us some depth scoring.

36. @Kendrick plans to have the team over for a covid safe Easter team dinner. What is he cooking for us all?? He said it was chicken, but it looked suspiciously like rabbit 😳

37. @Shiny Snuck into the Bears LR and pulled an Easter prank on the team... what did they do? He showed up in the locker room, shocking everyone.

38. @InstantRockstar came up with a secret plan to egg the commissioners homes. What is the strategy? How will you get away with it? He wore a Randy Marsh costume, fooling everyone.

39. It's @drewowo first Easter with the Bears and maybe the league... for some reason, we always tell them they have to be initiated... how do we welcome him to VHL/SEATTLE EASTER?!?! We demonstrated the power of Seattle to him by burning down a neighboring city.

34. The Easter bunny brought the Bears some "stuff"? What did it bring?
The easter bunny brought the Bears a reminder. A reminder that mentioned how every bear has a soft side. You don't always have to be mean and aggressive, sometimes you can just leave the tree stand there.

35. @gregreg proposed a change to Easter. Instead of a bunny, he wants a _____ that delivers them. What other things did he want ____ to do? Example, a Easter Grasshopper, that hops and flies through the morning dew grass, delivering chocolate to all the boys and girls. You know he's coming when you hear the hopper fiddling.
Ghost. Easter is not scary enough. Easter does a poor job in imitating the real world, which is a scary place. Having the ghost deliver the eggs and to scare those we dare to look for the eggs is a great way to add some realism into Easter.

36. @Kendrick plans to have the team over for a covid safe Easter team dinner. What is he cooking for us all??
A traditional Easter dinner, pasta and meat.

37. @Shiny Snuck into the Bears LR and pulled an Easter prank on the team... what did they do?
Shiny stole all the towels from the locker room. That was a good prank since everybody had to head home all wet.

38. @InstantRockstar came up with a secret plan to egg the commissioners homes. What is the strategy? How will you get away with it?
Order a pizza, wait for the commissioner to open the door. Meanwhile you head back and throw the eggs. Classic distraction will increase the odds of you getting away.

39. It's @drewowo first Easter with the Bears and maybe the league... for some reason, we always tell them they have to be initiated... how do we welcome him to VHL/SEATTLE EASTER?!?!
Drewowo had to skate on the ice alone, but unlike in NHL where they let you skate for short period of time before rest of the team joins in, The Bears made Drewowo skate there for solid 10 minutes. Quite silly, but was fun.

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S77 VHL Index

S77 VHLM Index

40. We traded @oilmandan. You got him a going away gift. What was it? What did you say?

41. We traded @Dtayl. You got him a going away gift. What was it? What did you say?

42. We traded for @Matt_O - once a rival with Malmo back when our dynasty first started.. how did you welcome them?

43. We also traded for @FrostBeard.. who returns to the Bears family. We pranked him on day 1 coming back. What did we do?

44. What are your plans for the weekend?

45. @Hex Universe stepped away from the extras to spend more time with the Bears. What was the first thing the team did together? (hiking, paint balling, bowling, supper etc)

46. If @Toast had to be any other food, what would they be?

47. Who is your favourite band/artist? 

48. What song is currently your #1? Post?

40. We traded @oilmandan. You got him a going away gift. What was it? What did you say?
I like OMD, sadly I was involved in this trade so I had to send him a book about best pubs in Malmo, not only that, I gifted him a box of the great Malmo Viking brandy. 

41. We traded @Dtayl. You got him a going away gift. What was it? What did you say?
A box of chocolates labeled "From Latvia with love". They were cherry flavoured and each wrapping had a traditional Latvian proverb in it. 

42. We traded for @Matt_O - once a rival with Malmo back when our dynasty first started.. how did you welcome them?
A kiss, vigorous kiss that involved maybe a bit too much cleavage. Also, we had a great dinner. 

43. We also traded for @FrostBeard.. who returns to the Bears family. We pranked him on day 1 coming back. What did we do? Ooof, I would be better not remember that traumatic experience. 

44. What are your plans for the weekend? Bunch of hoo... Ahm, I mean, I plan to educate myself, yes, educate myself about non-flying birds. Yes, that is my plan. 

45. @Hex Universe stepped away from the extras to spend more time with the Bears. What was the first thing the team did together? (hiking, paint balling, bowling, supper etc) We went for a team dinner that turned into a wild party, it even had a theme - highschool prom dance gone wrong.

44. What are your plans for the weekend? Building a path from my house to my garage

47. Who is your favourite band/artist?   Alexisonfire. For sure

48. What song is currently your #1? Post? Its not super new. But still great 

Asking 3. Will Seattle go on a run of championships like the past?

Sushi. Good or Bad?

Who is your MLB team?

43. Dumped a bunch of bear claws on him like a Gatorade bath.

44. Relaxing for the most part tbh.

45. Spent the day enjoying all of what Seattle has to offer.

46. I believe he would be a cake

47. Shinedown, has been for well over a decade now.

48. Oh man that is difficult, I've been listening to a lot of older Avenged Sevenfold and Stone Sour lately though. I guess Bother by Stone Sour has been the most listened to lately though.

40. I got him a signed picture of myself for the memories and wished him luck.
41. I got him a painting where he was painted as a bear and wished him luck.
42. Welcomed him with a handshake and offered a beer.
43. The entire locker room ignored him when he got here to make it seem like something was up before all celebrating his arrival.
44. A lot of sim league tasks these days and testing for another league. I need to plant some grass and work on the garden today too. 
45. To keep things within the bubble we got some drinks and had a night of playing Jackbox games and listening to tunes. 

43. We also traded for @FrostBeard.. who returns to the Bears family. We pranked him on day 1 coming back. What did we do?

"We told him that Campbell was a good player"

"I was going to golf but Ontario is a hell scape that doesn't allow you to do that anymore."

45. @Hex Universe stepped away from the extras to spend more time with the Bears. What was the first thing the team did together? (hiking, paint balling, bowling, supper etc)

"We visited the bar and the strippers because that's what teammates do."

46. If @Toast had to be any other food, what would they be?

"Waffles because they also can go into the toaster."

47. Who is your favourite band/artist? 

"Don't have one as I'm not much of a music guy but probably Simple Plan."

48. What song is currently your #1? Post?

Edited by gregreg

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S77 VHL Index

S77 VHLM Index

49. The Bears traded away @Phil. What are your thoughts on this? Release the rage!! Say your goodbyes!!

50. The weekend is over. What are your plans for the up and coming week?

51. Trade deadline is tomorrow. Think anything will happen? If it passed, thoughts on it?

52. @Kendrick is 11th in the M with 84 points in 64 games. What are they putting in his "water"??

53. @Shiny is right behind with 83 points on the year. Are you a betting man? Which one gets more and what are you willing to bet??

54. @jRuutu and @a_Ferk are laying some body around the ice. Who finishes with more hits?

55. @zepheter purchased something to get ready for retirement. What was it? How much did it cost?

49. Tis a shame, Phil is a great member but we gotta do what we gotta do to win a chip.

50. I have absolutely no plans except maybe I'll play golf one day if it's nice. 

51. There hasn't really been any trades since I got dealt, so that means either nothing will happen or a ton will happen. I'm pretty sure a lot of teams are slammed up onto the salary cap, but I could be wrong.

53. I have to go with Kendrick, only because he has one extra point. 

54. I have no idea, but it won't be Zod that's for sure. This man's defensive stats have fallen off a cliff this year. A little disappointing, especially since I was on pace to shatter my career high for hits through the first 15-20 games.

55. I'd like to imagine he put all of his retirement savings into crypto currency, made a ton of money at first and got excited and then lost everything. Then, he pulled out his money to get a little bit back and then the price goes way back up again.

44. What are your plans for the weekend? Next weekend i will finally change the oils for my car

47. Who is your favourite band/artist? Metallica or Rammstein easily

48. What song is currently your #1? Post? ok, i know i said Metallica and Rammstein are my all time favourites, but i have been listening to a lot Black keys 😅😅https://open.spotify.com/track/5lN1EH25gdiqT1SFALMAq1?si=6a5ee881b83e40b9

50. The weekend is over. What are your plans for the up and coming week? Back to school for more machining

51. Trade deadline is tomorrow. Think anything will happen? If it passed, thoughts on it? I'm not sure but i have a funny feeling it might be busy day

Edited by aksuko

49. The Bears traded away @Phil. What are your thoughts on this? Release the rage!! Say your goodbyes!! Sucks to lose Phil, but we have to do what we can to win.

50. The weekend is over. What are your plans for the up and coming week? Not a lot. Sleep schedule is actually pretty normal now so that's good though.

51. Trade deadline is tomorrow. Think anything will happen? If it passed, thoughts on it? I could see us making another move.

52. @Kendrick is 11th in the M with 84 points in 64 games. What are they putting in his "water"?? Mike's secret stuff from space jam.

53. @Shiny is right behind with 83 points on the year. Are you a betting man? Which one gets more and what are you willing to bet?? Imma say Shiny but either could get it done.

54. @jRuutu and @a_Ferk are laying some body around the ice. Who finishes with more hits? Ruutu will finish with more, hard to compete with him.

40. We traded @oilmandan. You got him a going away gift. What was it? What did you say?

Firm handshake and Bears jersey with my signature. It was sad to see him go. Based on last nights game he is still a tough player, kicked my ass.

41. We traded @Dtayl. You got him a going away gift. What was it? What did you say?

Multiple low market cap cryptocurrencies that might someday be worth a lot of money. That was my way of saying: good luck in the future!

42. We traded for @Matt_O - once a rival with Malmo back when our dynasty first started.. how did you welcome them?

I asked Matt O to bring me cup of coffee. Then I said that I don't drink coffee and let him drink it instead. Somebody could say that such a move was not needed, but that is the life of a Bear - need to use your elbows sometimes.

43. We also traded for @FrostBeard.. who returns to the Bears family. We pranked him on day 1 coming back. What did we do?

Asked a driver to drive him to the airport as if he was traded again! That was a good prank, but quite mean one. 

No plans, as always, going to take it easy. Reading, listening some music, perhaps playing something.

45. @Hex Universe stepped away from the extras to spend more time with the Bears. What was the first thing the team did together? (hiking, paint balling, bowling, supper etc)

We had a nice meal together. Or when I say meal, we went out hunting and ate some raw meat under the stars. Rather romantic.

49. The Bears traded away @Phil. What are your thoughts on this? Release the rage!! Say your goodbyes!!
I love Phil, he is a truly great member. I have had pleasure playing with his twice now and each time he completely amazes me!

Eat 35 slices of deep dish pizza. I know I am in Seattle but I have head that they serve better deep dish here than those Chicago people. 

51. Trade deadline is tomorrow. Think anything will happen? If it passed, thoughts on it?
I think getting Rayz would be a great thing, he is such a great member. 

52. @Kendrick is 11th in the M with 84 points in 64 games. What are they putting in his "water"??
Viking Brandy. He might not like it, but I have been in contact with his equipment manager and yeah, we keep him drugged all the time.

53. @Shiny is right behind with 83 points on the year. Are you a betting man? Which one gets more and what are you willing to bet??
I am betting equally on both, I can't decide - I am going to be better off just losing that money.

54. @jRuutu and @a_Ferk are laying some body around the ice. Who finishes with more hits?
I am gonna say Ruutu, I like Ferk, nice chap but he is no Ruutu. Ruutu makes everyone tremble. 

On 4/18/2021 at 4:38 PM, Banackock said:

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S77 VHL Index

S77 VHLM Index

49. The Bears traded away @Phil. What are your thoughts on this? Release the rage!! Say your goodbyes!!

52. @Kendrick is 11th in the M with 84 points in 64 games. What are they putting in his "water"??

53. @Shiny is right behind with 83 points on the year. Are you a betting man? Which one gets more and what are you willing to bet??

54. @jRuutu and @a_Ferk are laying some body around the ice. Who finishes with more hits?

55. @zepheter purchased something to get ready for retirement. What was it? How much did it cost?

49. I'm outraged and will never let this franchise live this down. He was my guy

51. I think we did the right thing. Our roster is deep going forward

52. I'm learning to balance the fortnite and the skills in the rink and not let it get in the way

53. Im willing to bet Shiny gets more because he has all the right stuff

54. jRuutu has been in that category before, I think he does

55. It was a new walker for away from the rink. Time to load up on support!

49. Well with him and Toast gone, I'm the last Bears First Round pick of S76 still on the team.

50. Working and working and working and working and working, lots of work to say the least lol

51. Seems to have passed with little fanfare.

52. Both Powerade and Gatorade packets!

53. Frick it, they both tie in points! I'll bet a dollar lol

54. I think Jim Bob still has the lead and will keep it til the end.

Sad day, but if Phil gets to play in a bigger role in some other team - its understandable as younger players need to play a lot to improve as players.

One day at a time, try to make the next day better than the last one and see what happens! Or in other words, same old same old.

Not that many deals, or certainly could have been more active when looking at the whole league.

Blood, sweat and tears. The classic hockey players beverage.

Tough to say, one point is nothing but as I have not looked at the index yet - I will be they finished with even points! 5 Dollars on it.

Could have gone either way, but I managed to get few more in the end. Im happy that I got over 300

Edited by jRuutu

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S77 VHL Index

S77 VHL Playoffs

S77 VHLM Index

S77 VHLM Playoffs

56. Thoughts on how the Bears regular season finished?

57. What did the team get for @jRuutu for scoring the most goals this season? 

58. How did your player do this reg. season? Were you happy with the results?

59. Thoughts on being down 0-2 to Toronto, to come back and win the series 4-2? DA BEARZ.

60. Thoughts on playing LA next? Who wins? What's the final series?

61. Who wins between Warsaw and Helsinki? Why?

62. @Shiny and miami play Las vegas... who wins that series in the M?

Edited by Banackock

56. A bit of a rough ending, but nothing we can't bounce back from in the playoffs.

57. A puck-shaped chocolate cake with edible gold all over it to make it a golden puck

58. First Half of the season was pretty meh, but the Second Half is where I began to really bust out and it has been insane to see this level of production.

59. LET'S FREAKING GOOOOOO!!!

61. Helsinki, they have a good mix of scoring and physicality that can be very hard to go up against.

62. I have to with the one and only team I played for in the M (Sorry Shiny, but #AcesHigh)

56.  Ending could have been better, but we made it to playoffs. If we play as good as i know we can, we have decent chance to go all the way

58. I feel like i did decent enough for backup goalie, though could always be better

59. Still more games to play, anything could still happen

60. They have a great team, but with a team like Bears, no reason to think we couldn't upset them

61. Being from finland i feel like i kinda have to root for Helsinki

Press Conference Rules

Seattle Bears Team Page

S77 VHL Index

S77 VHL Playoffs

S77 VHLM Index

S77 VHLM Playoffs

63. RARA is on fire. What is Seattle feeding him?

64. Bob and Zod lead the way with 39 and 49 pen minutes. What do they do in there to kill time?

65. LA will have a band play after the 2nd period after game 3. What band will be playing? 

66. Seattle played a prank on LA before the next game. What did they do?

67. Rory is hanging from a cliff. Mike Tyson wants to punch you. You can either save Rory or get punched by Tyson as hard as he can. How bad did the punch hurt and where did he punch you?

68. Who has the Bears playoff MVP been so far? Why?

69. Who has been the Bears underrated playoff performer been? Why?