Seattle Bears Press Conference

:sea:Season 68 Bears Press Conference (PART 1 OFF-SEASON)  :sea: 

91QgXO9.png

Press Conference Rules:

LINK

--> (3 Answers for 1 TPE) 

*You only have to answer 3 - more are listed for variety and preference.

** Feel free to ask one another Q's too to earn that extra 1 TPE

1. What are your thoughts on Vancouver winning the cup?

2. What are your thoughts on the Bears winning 3rd overall?

3. Who are some players you would draft?

4. Thoughts on the Bears and who they're protecting?

5. Would you have protected anyone differently? 

6. Do you miss Thomas Kennedy (Fizz)?

7. Who are some people, currently not signed, that you'd like to see come to Seattle in FA?

8. Do you think the Bears will make any trades this off-season?

9. Who are going to be the bottom 3 teams next season?

10. Who are going to be the top 3 teams next season?

11. Predict the Bears record next season out of the 72 regular season games. (example, 46-20-6)

12. Who will score the most goals for Seattle next year?

13. How many fights will Hogan win next year?

14. Thoughts on new expansion teams (once they're announced)?

15. The purge is finally reality in the VHL community... 99.99% of crime is legal. What player would you off on an opposing team? 

16. You have done it! You have your very own brand off liquor. What did you make? What is it called? (Example, Stark's = Whiskey = Dire Wolf). 40% alcohol. 

GET THEM TPEZ.

@Spade18 @Rayzor_7 @DoktorFunk @Smarch @Dtayl @Acydburn @HenrikZoiderberg @berocka @diamond_ace @FakeJenton @Spade18 @HulkHogan  @FrostBeard @Dangles13 @Eudaldkp

3 minutes ago, Banackock said:

91QgXO9.png

Press Conference Rules:

LINK

7. Who are some people, currently not signed, that you'd like to see come to Seattle in FA?

11. Predict the Bears record next season out of the 72 regular season games. (example, 46-20-6)

15. The purge is finally reality in the VHL community... 99.99% of crime is legal. What player would you off on an opposing team? 

16. You have done it! You have your very own brand off liquor. What did you make? What is it called? (Example, Stark's = Whiskey = Dire Wolf). 40% alcohol. 

GET THEM TPEZ.

@Spade18 @Rayzor_7 @DoktorFunk @Smarch @Dtayl @Acydburn @HenrikZoiderberg @berocka @diamond_ace @FakeJenton @Spade18 @HulkHogan  @FrostBeard @Dangles13 @Eudaldkp

First 3 for Kefka

4. I mean I think it's the best possible combination you could have protected. Being the first guy off the list isn't a good feeling but it's the proper call to make. I'd like to still be on Seattle but from the team's perspective, I'm glad you finally saw that Low was significantly better.

5. Mostly because after answering 4, 5 is an easy one to get credit for, but no, the protect list is who it should be.

8. Yes, but not spoiling. Plus there may very well end up being more.

Second 3 for Dagmar

9. Expansion 1, Expansion 2, and NY.

12. Kovalchuk if he's back after the expansion draft.

16. Peach rum, so that when I inevitably put it in peach iced tea, it's twice as peachy.

Say it again for the people in the back, Michael Gary Scott @Motzaburger is a Continental Cup champion!

I think we'll get a solid player regardless of position, there's a lot of talent in this year's draft!

That one I'm going to have to keep to myself for reasons I cannot share yet.

Bana's done a great job keeping the S67 and 68 draft classes together. I'm very proud of him for investing in the long-game here.

Honestly the biggest win as far as I'm concerned is keeping Scott Greene @DoktorFunk. He's a great defenseman and great locker room guy. Good choice for a keeper.

Image result for pettersson death stare

we're done here

1 hour ago, HenrikZoiderberg said:

Say it again for the people in the back, Michael Gary Scott @Motzaburger is a Continental Cup champion!

I think we'll get a solid player regardless of position, there's a lot of talent in this year's draft!

That one I'm going to have to keep to myself for reasons I cannot share yet.

Bana's done a great job keeping the S67 and 68 draft classes together. I'm very proud of him for investing in the long-game here.

Honestly the biggest win as far as I'm concerned is keeping Scott Greene @DoktorFunk. He's a great defenseman and great locker room guy. Good choice for a keeper.

Image result for pettersson death stare

we're done here

Love ya! Great defenseman? I guess I thought I've been playing center this whole time ?

It is weird to think about it considering that I was sure of Helsinki back to back win. But I guess all you can do is congratulate them and hope that we will beat them to a playoff spot next season!

It is quite exciting, but considering what talent we already have on our roster, maybe we should consider trading it away for something to help us compete now?

I have expressed a lot of support for my Bulls so I am still sticking to it - if there is anyone you can take that was wearing Bulls jersey this past season - draft them!

I think that all in all the lineup is logical and makes sense. I hope that with everyone active we will show quality hockey next season!

No, I trust Bana on this. He is seasoned GM and clearly knows what he is doing!

Who is that?

• Commissioner
21 hours ago, Banackock said:

1. Meh

2. Sounds good

3. I would draft anyone in the top 3

4. I think its a solid list, only person that i'll miss is Kafka

5. Nope

6. Nope

On 9/1/2019 at 11:43 PM, Banackock said:

Congrats Motza! Everyone else, bleh

It's nice to have a T3 pick, will be a tough decision on who to select

Probably any non first-gens who seem active

No complaints, could've gotten more out of Pallazo which bites but it is what it is

In this case no, considering I was part of the talks for it

Who? Oh yeah, hell nah

91QgXO9.png

Press Conference Rules:

LINK

GET THEM TPEZ.

1. Happy for them! Looking forward to beating them in season 68.

2. It's nice. We can grab a promising prospect to really fill out our depth.

3. Really whoever we think would mesh well. We have the best locker room in the VHL, and they would benefit from having nice, kind people to help them. They just have to be the same to their team

4. It's a good move. Protect their young core. The whole team is improving and the depth will be insane sooner rather than later.

5. Nope. Banana do good thing.

6. Yes and no. Could be really nice and funny, but was often prone to unpredictability and went too far sometimes. It is what it is.

On 9/2/2019 at 2:43 PM, Banackock said:

4. I think we have a solid core and moving into the future we will be a team not to be messed with.

5. I liked Palazzo from my time at Minnesota but appreciate we got something for him and I hope he has a good career where ever he ends up.

6. Not really I think sometimes he was just pretending to be Australian, he didn't even have the accent or know any slang.

1. What are your thoughts on Vancouver winning the cup?

I’m happy for them as a fan of the VHL, as its good for a team to win that early in its relocation to get the fans on board. As a players in the VHL, I don’t like it.

2. What are your thoughts on the Bears winning 3rd overall?

It’s another good piece for the rebuild and maybe something that will help the next step in a pretty weak North American Conference. Hopefully it’s not another defenseman for selfish reasons.

3. Thoughts on the Bears and who they're protecting?

I mean it wasn’t a surprise they kept who they did outside of me. I was told I was on my way out, and then next thing I know I was being protected right before the expansion draft. Confusing few weeks for sure.

4. Do you think the Bears will make any trades this off-season?

We’ll I mean a little late to the party for me, but yes I assumed we would after the expansion draft and we did. Bringing back Kovalchuk was a good move, but he made it obvious to many around the league he would be back regardless.

5. Who are going to be the bottom 3 teams next season?

Prauge, D.C., New York, would be my uneducated guess.

6. Who are going to be the top 3 teams next season?

Calgary, Moscow, Helsinki

I believe we might be able to crack something close to 45-20-7, considering how much growth we are getting from our players.

This might come off a bit cocky, but I truly see John Frostbeard having a chance at most goals for the team. With higher defence than any forward on a team, puck possession should not be an issue for his line.

5 and that is considering that he will fight only 5 times. You can never though, he might just go on a rampage and fight every second game.

DC Dragons is a bit odd team in my eyes, well, at least I don't see any connection or link between dragons and DC. I do love the Phantoms, they are having a great logo and work very well with Prague who is an old city, tainted with ghost stories.

Hulk Hogan? I guess it is a pretty much safe choice as he is already a fighter and a true hockey warrior.

FrostBeard's Brandy "The Elegant" is a delicious and remarkably smooth drink that puts all your everyday worries at hold and allows you to take a step back and enjoy every moment of your free time. Just sit back, enjoy and live the moment with FrostBeard's Brandy "The Elegant"! 

Thompson, Slade would be nice too.

Possibly but I find it unlikely unless to pick up more picks.

Prague, DC and NYA

I'm betting on Riga, Calgary and Helsinki

40-23-9, playoff bound baby!

Thompson or Kovalchuk

4 minutes ago, Rayzor_7 said:

Thompson, Slade would be nice too.

Possibly but I find it unlikely unless to pick up more picks.

Prague, DC and NYA

I'm betting on Riga, Calgary and Helsinki

40-23-9, playoff bound baby!

Thompson or Kovalchuk

I'm going to have to say @Beketov beats me by 4.

• Commissioner
4 hours ago, Banackock said:

I'm going to have to say @Beketov beats me by 4.

All I need is 38, once I have that everyone else can take them. Also I’d need to sign with you first, there’s a big step being jumped here :P

• Commissioner
On 9/2/2019 at 12:43 AM, Banackock said:

7.) Probably Thompson.. Maybe throw some money at him

8.) I could see Kovalchuk being traded if we're not looking good by the TDL

9.) I think the expansion teams will be in the bottom 3 along with Davos. In the case of expansion its hard to get going right out of the gate with lower TPE. In Davos's case... its Davos

10.) Helsinki, Toronto, Riga

11.) Idk 42-26-4 

12.) Kovalchuk, Frostbeard (He's a playmaker though) Or Myself.. Solely based on TPE

43. If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?

I would like to be able to swim with the little fishies and Fillipo, my pet octopus. He has a tank in my bedroom but there are times when he looks out over the ocean. I know he misses the other octopuses dearly, and if I could just take him for weekend trips under the sea he would be so happy.

44. What is one of your least favourite foods?

I do not understand this American obsession with milk chocolate. It is like they took one of the tastiest things ever and decided to dilute the flavour and remove the texture. I tell you what Mr. Interviewer Man. Buy a piece of Swedish chocolate. Put it on your tongue. Let it melt. Close your eyes. Then tell me a Snickers even comes close.

45. Pet Giraffe or $5,000? Why? If you took the money, what are you spending it on? If you took the giraffe, wanna have a play date?

Do I get to keep the Giraffe? Because a Giraffe. Me and Filipo would ride it around Seattle and make all kinds of friends.

46. Where's a place you haven't visited but you'd like to or are planning to?

I have heard that Lillyhammer is beautiful, its too bad it is filled with Norwegians.

47. What is your favourite sport to watch and why? Not everyone on here is NHL, which can be surprising at times. :) 

I am a big fan of MXC, the commentators make it enjoyable to watch and those crazy japanese people will do anything for entertainment.

Image result for MXC announcer gif

48. The league is looking for a GM or maybe GM's, idk? IF IT IS EXPANSION, where would YOU put a team?

Raleigh Rhinos or bust!

1. Predict the Bears record next season out of the 72 regular season games. (example, 46-20-6)

I think we’ll go 40-20-12. I think after the many overtime and close one goal games we found ourselves in, we’ll see that trend again while we continue to grow,

2. Who will score the most goals for Seattle next year?

Frostbeard. The power of the beard will help the youngster grow in year two.

3. How many fights will Hogan win next year?

Zero!!! Just kidding all the fight he will win. All the fights.

4.Thoughts on new expansion teams (once they're announced)?

I assumed I was going to one so I paid close attention. Both logos look good to me, and I have no preference on cities, so cool to see new cities

5. The purge is finally reality in the VHL community... 99.99% of crime is legal. What player would you off on an opposing team? 

Joseph McWolf and any other defenceman so I might have a chance at an award one day 

6. Do you miss Thomas Kennedy (Fizz)?

Im not sure if I ever came across this individual. If was a good player for the team then yes, If not then no!

12. Acyd Burn @Acydburn, He'll show he isn't a bust and surprise the team/league
13. All of them obviously
14. I think they both have the potential to be extremely strong in the near future

• Commissioner
On 9/2/2019 at 12:43 AM, Banackock said:

13.) All of them

14.) I like the locations but the names are kind of meh

15.)  Michael Johnson, Malmo can't win games if they don't have a goalie ;)

16.) I would only have top shelf Vodka ;) 

1.) I mean I think we'll make the playoffs

2.) Love that we got jack!

91QgXO9.png

Press Conference Rules:

LINK

GET THEM TPEZ.

8. I think in the next off season we will. I see the protected core from the expansion draft sticking around, however.

9. DC, Prague, and New York

10. Vancouver, Malmo and Seattle BAYBEEEEEE!

12. Scott Greene. Thats my goal ?

13. All of them. Hogan always goes over, brother.

14. I like the logos.

1. Didn't follow the VHL as closely last season was focused on my own game.

2. We got a great grab with Underyew he will be a future star

3.  I liked every selection we made wouldn't change anything

9. D.C, Prague and Malmo (sorry @GustavMattias)

10. Helsinki, Vancouver & Moscow

11. 48 - 20 - 4

9. DC, Prague and New York

12. Kovalchuk

13. One 

14. I like them both, nice logos and a good GM

15. Alexander Pepper

16. Scotch, Funks Irish Uncle, 80 proof

This season it's looking like the expansion teams - Prague and DC. I'll throw Vancouver in there as well because they're the scum of the earth.

It could be ya boi, but it could be Acyd! @Acydburn Our whole team is putting them up this season.

All of them.

I've got a soft spot for Prague for obvious reasons. DC I could take or leave.

@Beaviss you'd best protect ya neck!

Zoiderberg's Zinfadell!

Hey Bearz feel free to answer these questions if you have run out of Bana ones

1.       If you had to create an extremely physical 4th line who would you put on it?

2.       Do you think this early success can continue?

3.       How do you feel about our scoring depth?

4.       If you could steal anyone of any team who would you pick?

5.       Is making finals enough for us or would that be a failure?

6.       What player has surprised you most this season?

7.       Which team this season do you think is overrated?

8.       When the bears win a game how do we celebrate in the Locker Room do we have a song we play?

9.       Rayz doesn’t rock up to training one day who do you suit up to be a backup goalie?

10.    Who has the hardest slapshot?

On 9/24/2019 at 12:17 AM, berocka said:

Hey Bearz feel free to answer these questions if you have run out of Bana ones

1.       If you had to create an extremely physical 4th line who would you put on it?

2.       Do you think this early success can continue?

3.       How do you feel about our scoring depth?

4.       If you could steal anyone of any team who would you pick?

5.       Is making finals enough for us or would that be a failure?

6.       What player has surprised you most this season?

7.       Which team this season do you think is overrated?

8.       When the bears win a game how do we celebrate in the Locker Room do we have a song we play?

9.       Rayz doesn’t rock up to training one day who do you suit up to be a backup goalie?

10.    Who has the hardest slapshot?

1. Switch Hogan to forward, ACL TEAR, and Berocka. That line would beat ass.

2. Yes. We've been lucky, but I don't think our success is purely luck. We're working very hard for it.

3. Our depth scoring is insane. We've seen production from each of the lines, so it seems to me to be golden.

4. Joel Ylonnen. Bring him back!

5. I think finals for our second year as a rebuild team would be amazing. Especially considering the experience level of the team.

7. I think Malmo is overrated. Full stop.