Ryszard Franciszek VHLM Signing Interview

First off I would like to thank San Diego for signing me to a contract, glad to have that resolved. I have signed for 1-Year Deal 1.5M, so happy to accept that deal. I know how to play to my strengths, and my weaknesses, I know I can perform on defense to the best of my abilities and I will try to do my part to get better. I will try my best to do everything I can for my team to win games whether that be physical, offensive, defensive, or even play as an enforcer role. So glad to be with the team, and ready to get my season started out with a bang. 

Coming over to San Diego from Moscow has definitely been a ride, and a fun one at that, just glad I can be apart of the great journey I am about to take a ride on, very excited for the opportunities that I have gotten. Houston, Halifax I both want to thank for the contract offers, and it's humbling to see the interest in me from them, but I would like to be apart of a new team, and someone who I can make an impact on, and be apart of a team that has gotten to me first. I so far like the Locker Room, and I like the team in general. I want to thank my family, and friends for helping me down this path. 

I have agreed upon what my role will be with my General Manager, as we have discussed this in my contract, I will further be discussing this later in the year, and hopefully I will be able to give out more detail at that time. I am happy with whatever they would like me to be, and hopefully for the betterment of the team. We would like to build around a solid core, and they feel I am capable of being apart of that Solid core long-term. We will go on a year to year basis on contract terms, we will further negotiate an extension once my first year is under my belt, and I will be happy to negotiate openly with San Diego, and whoever else is interested I will also talk with them if negotiations do so breakdown with San Diego, but for the short-term I feel that San Diego is the right place for me to take my talents. I would be glad to take on any role they need in the future. 

My opportunities on this team for now will be limited until further notice of my progression, and I will gladly take whatever I can get with this team. I am very happy to be with the team to begin with, and I am ready to get started with my training, and my growth, again I can not stress enough how thankful I am for the offers that have been given to me, I will further assess my contract situation later in this year with any other team including San Diego. I will not count out any options, as I am content on playing with any Hockey team just glad to be apart of the game of Hockey. 

- Ryszard Franciszek