GM 77: Vancouver Wolves vs. Malmo Nighthawks

VHL Games

Just now, K1NG LINUS said:

It's all part of the plan to make Malmo the underdogs again so they get the STHS gods' favor back. 

Just falling back to earth

Like Boom said yesterday... interesting to see how everyone complaining about Malmo has disappeared now that we've lost a few. Seems like some people want us to suck...

#fixthelottery

4 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Like Boom said yesterday... interesting to see how everyone complaining about Malmo has disappeared now that we've lost a few. Seems like some people want us to suck...

#fixthelottery

People are just mad because an expansion team is doing good and are better then them

The clowns that complained about Malmo are basically like Don Cherry complaining about the Hurricanes or the people who thought the Vegas expansion draft was too OP and fixed. 

3 hours ago, Matt_O said:

The clowns that complained about Malmo are basically like Don Cherry complaining about the Hurricanes or the people who thought the Vegas expansion draft was too OP and fixed. 

While i am not claiming it is fixed, Vegas has had it easier than most when it comes to expansion.

image.png.e5899f24f662178a5da869db1ba02dac.png

They got extremely lucky with the Penguins goaltender situation and snagged one of the top Goalies in the league, a factor i heavily attribute to their immediate success. A team filled with 3rd line forwards and 2nd line defenders will inevitably do better than a team filled with 4th line forwards and 3rd line defenders.

Expansion is a fine line between building a market for a new team and not pissing off everyone else. Now i am not saying it was fixed or anything but if you look at the expansion history you see repeated failure in the first season. While i don't think they loaded Vegas because they weren't dealing with 1st liners or anything, i do think they were better off than any other expansion franchise. It also helps that their gm and coaching staff did an exception job with what they had.

Image result for clown

Just now, SidTheKid87 said:

Expansion is a fine line between building a market for a new team and not pissing off everyone else. Now i am not saying it was fixed or anything but if you look at the expansion history you see repeated failure in the first season. While i don't think they loaded Vegas because they weren't dealing with 1st liners or anything, i do think they were better off than any other expansion franchise. It also helps that their gm and coaching staff did an exception job with what they had.

I agree, but there are people who think the NHL handpicked Vegas an elite team. While this expansion draft was friendlier than others, everyone had this team being a bottom three team. All the sudden they start doing good and people complain. They clownin

1 minute ago, Matt_O said:

I agree, but there are people who think the NHL handpicked Vegas an elite team. While this expansion draft was friendlier than others, everyone had this team being a bottom three team. All the sudden they start doing good and people complain. They clownin

Everyone hates the new guy, cant blame them ?

• Admin
12 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

#fixthelottery

Well yeah.... The complaints were about you winning lol.

1st and 2nd stars to my great linemates. Well done. Interestingly enough about the expansion stuff is also due to more qualified players. Maybe in the past nhl you would have not great players on your 3rd/4th lines who were able to play but not make noise now most teams have very good 3rd lines at least in comparison. Also due to vhl expansion, a similar thing might have happened. Instead of only a few super active people on a team due to more actives than ever(just assuming) there are more qualified players who could make an expansion team better than before.