Capped TPE

• Commissioner

This is more of a rant and I don't want to be that guy so I won't mention names. I've noticed an inconsistency with TPE approvals. I've encountered some players who are claiming more than they should be allowed in a week by bypassing the regular capped. Meanwhile I accidentally put the wrong link and it was denied, which it should have been. I didn't properly link it. There have been a couple times where someone has submitted one 6 TPE capped media spot and then another 6 TPE graphic put it as other and it was approved. They then proceeded to gain capped TPE. Another is to put reviews in as other instead of the capped TPE. I know the reviewers have a lot to go through and i'm not blaming anyone, i'm not expecting changes or to come down on anyone. Just ranting... because it

image.jpeg.90021945a382d21e8b27cecdde41adfe.jpeg

Edited by Acydburn

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, Enorama said:

PM me some names and I can look into it and bring it up with the other updaters.

I'd rather not, I don't want to throw anyone under the bus. It happened and just wanted to bring it up as kind of a hey, this is going on thing. I think the majority is new people learning the system.

Edited by Acydburn

1 minute ago, Acydburn said:

I'd rather not, I don't want to throw anyone under the bus. It happened and just wanted to bring it up as kind of a hey, this is going on thing. 

It's always been going on and always will be going on. Several hundred updates go through 4-5 updaters each week, so things are always going to slip by. If there's some recurring problem though, we would be best off to call it out amongst ourselves and ensure to change future behaviour.

• Commissioner
16 hours ago, BOOM said:

Are we talking veterans/experienced or new members here? That makes a difference to the solution. 

it's mostly been newer players, a couple of experienced but when they were first starting. I think it's just understanding the system, and of course i'm an anal retentive asshole so it titlted me for a hot sec. Being tilted + bored at work = dumb shit. 

Yeah, I'm not a main updater, but if I do do the updates I always make sure to edit how people claim their PTs, etc. Make sure Media Spots are Media Spots, Graphics are Graphics, Reviewing is under Reviewing, etc.

THere's been times when a guy claims a Graphic as a Media Spot, and the very next week he's claimed it as a Graphic. I guess under that system it doesn't get flagged by the system, so whoever looked at the update just didn't notice.

If you could PM names that would be the best option though. Although now I expect you not to say anything because you might feel shitty that someone might assume it was because of you they got flagged.

BUT, what they did was against the rules. Doesn't matter who called them out. Can't be doing that.

8 hours ago, Acydburn said:

it's mostly been newer players, a couple of experienced but when they were first starting. I think it's just understanding the system, and of course i'm an anal retentive asshole so it titlted me for a hot sec. Being tilted + bored at work = dumb shit. 

OK. I just wondered if it was new guys who need help to understand it, or others just trying some shady shit.