First-Gen Nation/Country Change

When new members join, they may not know that their country or nationality do play a significant role sometimes in the VHL. Some simply put Canada or the US possibly because that's where they're from or it's generic and leave it at that. This affects your chances at playing in the World Cup and WJC and ultimately and obviously determines which team you will play for. Sometimes, spreading the love isn't a bad thing. ?

For the World Juniors, take a look at where your country will have you play:

WJ Nationalities/Teams

Eligibility List AS OF RIGHT NOW:

S66 Eligibility Link

Now, If any 1st gen members (members on their first ever player) wish to change their nation, they are able to do so for the next 72 hours. This topic will be locked Saturday, May 18th at 8PM EST. Please note, this change will be permanent and can only be done now - not in the future.

@Commissioner

@DilIsPickle @Radcow (WJC Commissioners) 

Sorry for the tag below to those who this isn't relevant to. Best way of tagging many without having to use the well received "Members" tag. :P 

Edited by Banackock

1 minute ago, Gaudette said:

I'll change to Sweden tbh

Too be fair, as I believe your player is Canadian. It may be best to stay there! I've updated the above with an eligibility list and your player is much higher there than Europe I BELIEVE :D 

2 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Too be fair, as I believe your player is Canadian. It may be best to stay there! I've updated the above with an eligibility list and your player is much higher there than Europe I BELIEVE :D 

Oh then ill stayI'll stay

So @Banackock I wanted Marleau to be English - because all my players have been - but there was no English option.

So I picked the British Virgin Islands - but that's not on the World Juniors list!?

Long story short - would I still be playing on Team Europe!? 

If not - is it possible to switch my nationality to United Kingdom as I intended it?

(It should be noted that UK is not a country, but a collection of 4 - England, Scotland, North Ireland, and fucking Wales) so the UK should not be a choice lol. eh @Victor?)

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

So @Banackock I wanted Marleau to be English - because all my players have been - but there was no English option.

So I picked the British Virgin Islands - but that's not on the World Juniors list!?

If not - is it possible to switch my nationality to United Kingdom as I intended it?

(It should be noted that UK is not a country, but a collection of 4 - England, Scotland, North Ireland, and fucking Wales) so the UK should not be a choice lol. eh @Victor?)

I couldn't seem to find on the portal Admin sections how or where to go to Add England etc into the Birthplace thing. I'm assuming maybe a @Will job. We'll figure that part of it out but as for Europe and you being English, yep. Good to go!

On a similar note, I didn't realize players wouldn't age as the seasons went on, so I set it at 16 expecting it to grow. Do you think I could get my age changed to 18? I know it seems small, but it's along the same lines and really bothers me.

• Commissioner
7 hours ago, Philliefan said:

On a similar note, I didn't realize players wouldn't age as the seasons went on, so I set it at 16 expecting it to grow. Do you think I could get my age changed to 18? I know it seems small, but it's along the same lines and really bothers me.

It’s easy enough to update though it has no effect.

16 hours ago, Beketov said:

It’s easy enough to update though it has no effect.

Maybe remove the option and make all players start at 18 and then add 1 to it every season and then they retire at 27 or what ever it is

• Commissioner
7 hours ago, DilIsPickle said:

Maybe remove the option and make all players start at 18 and then add 1 to it every season and then they retire at 27 or what ever it is

It has no effect but it is a stat in STHS, not just the portal. So messing with it would affect the ratings file. Age is supposed to automatically adjust in the sim but I think our ratings file resets it a lot. Ultimately as I said it makes 0 difference on performance.

5 hours ago, Beketov said:

It has no effect but it is a stat in STHS, not just the portal. So messing with it would affect the ratings file. Age is supposed to automatically adjust in the sim but I think our ratings file resets it a lot. Ultimately as I said it makes 0 difference on performance.

Yeah but having it update one every seasonnon the portal would be easier for tracking what season your on. Ex.instead of saying you retire after your 8th season, you can say you retire after you are 27. It would be easier to track seasons without counting and give it some purpose 

• Commissioner
Just now, DilIsPickle said:

Yeah but having it update one every seasonnon the portal would be easier for tracking what season your on. Ex.instead of saying you retire after your 8th season, you can say you retire after you are 27. It would be easier to track seasons without counting and give it some purpose 

Portal stats directly update engine stats though so it would get messed up in the sim I imagine. Though we probably could just separate it on the portal, I’m not sure. Ultimately I’ve never found it hard to take your draft season and add 8. I was drafted in S61, clock starts there. That means I’m forced to retire after S68.

On 5/15/2019 at 8:31 PM, Phil said:

I should make a player name that's just a pile of Ls and Ys and make him Welsh

2 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

I should make a player name that's just a pile of Ls and Ys and make him Welsh

From Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch???

2 hours ago, Phil said:

From Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch???

Is it bad that not only have I already seen the video, but I also knew the place existed before the video happened?