Cologne Express

Phil

A lot has changed since I left and came back.

VHL Teams were one of them - Stockholm and Cologne were expanded into the VHL and now they are gone. 

I always was against Stockholm anyway, but Cologne seemed a unanimous  decision. 

So what happened? What was the downfall of Cologne?! I want them back! Hamilton's best years were there! Someone penlight me

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

A lot has changed since I left and came back.

VHL Teams were one of them - Stockholm and Cologne were expanded into the VHL and now they are gone. 

I always was against Stockholm anyway, but Cologne seemed a unanimous  decision. 

So what happened? What was the downfall of Cologne?! I want them back! Hamilton's best years were there! Someone penlight me

League numbers went down , we needed player two's to fill the league..  So decision was made to get back to 8. Stockholms full roster moved to Calgary (alongside Bushito as GM)

And it was bye bye

Aye as Green said...the team that repped his username so well was lost to us having to lose teams and re-focus. I honestly think it came down to many people viewing the other teams as staples, and as such were fine to be kept as the 8. @Advantage was the one who took it hardest on the chin there because he was GM of Cologne and didn't want to contract, and Bushito at the time just swapped rosters from Stockholm to Calgary. Technically it was Calgarys roster that got the axe. 

Was why ADV was a lock for one the newer expansion teams, because he nor :col: deserved their fate. That said, I can't believe how many years have gone by since we retracted and now we have 10 teams again and it just feel likes it's been this way again forever. Transitions. 

1 hour ago, Devise said:

Was why ADV was a lock for one the newer expansion teams, because he nor :col: deserved their fate. 

Thanks for all the information everyone! :cheers:

So my follow up question is why, when we re-expanded, did we not go back to Cologne?

7 minutes ago, Phil said:

Thanks for all the information everyone! :cheers:

So my follow up question is why, when we re-expanded, did we not go back to Cologne?

I was told it could be no one from the past.  City or team name. 

Just now, Advantage said:

I was told it could be no one from the past.  City or team name. 

Told my whom!? Even though the collapse was nothing to do with the franchise? 

I heartily disagree with that decision. History and logos, reputation and infrastructure for the team was already there!! 

So who do I have to be mad at about it!? 

PUT ME BACK ON THE BoG SO I CAN RELEASE MY OUTRAGE IN A CANDID AND RESPECTFUL MANNER TO AFFECT CHANGE FROM WITHIN!!!

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

I heartily disagree with that decision. History and logos, reputation and infrastructure for the team was already there!! 

PUT ME BACK ON THE BoG SO I CAN RELEASE MY OUTRAGE IN A CANDID AND RESPECTFUL MANNER TO AFFECT CHANGE FROM WITHIN!!!

Maybe it will be the next exp team :P

we can unban Anderson so he can GM it also

Edited by Beaviss

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

the balls on this guy coming back from inactivity and trying to flex his muscles. 

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Was a blue decision.

Also couldn’t use yellow for other obvious reasons..not that I wanted to granted. 

Im not in BOG so only people I heard from for it was Quik, Devise and Beketov