Cran

Name: Danny DeYeeto

Position: D

Current Team: Mississauga Hounds

Height: 6’8”

Weight: 250 lbs.

Current Citizenship: Niger

Scouting report from the scouts:

Tommy DeVito - SportsWeb: “This guy looks familiar, like I've seen him at a family gathering one time and bumped into him. Anyways, DeYeeto is going to be a scary Enforcer in the VHLM. I see him causing some havoc and likely spending some time in the box while the players spend some time sitting injured."

Obama Ali - African Prospect: “DeYeeto can play on the offside defence and still be strong. He doesn't like the puck so right now he purely plays in the defensive zone."

Jensen Orana – NBB Hockey: "He's a left shot defender who is most likely to play third line grinder and big PK minutes. DeYeeto is out there to scare you and protect his end."

Scouting Report

Danny DeYeeto is a behemoth of a defenceman. He know what he's doing defensively and can do that well. He's strong on his feet and will knock you over. He also seem eerily familiar but no one can seem to pin quite who he is. Our scouts had never even seen him until he signed with the Mississauga Hounds.

Strengths:

Size

Defence

Skating

Danny DeYeeto is a forwards nightmare when they go into the corners. He moves quietly and pretty quickly. Then he will smother you with his giant body and leave you crumpled on the ice. DeYeeto knows when to lay the body on the line to block a shot and does so efficiently and without injury.

This dude is big, and when I say big I mean giant. Standing at 6’8” and weighing in at 250 pounds, this man could scare a bear if he went up against one. Expect to see a fight or two out of him this season as he has that arm length like Chara to just use people as a punching bag.

DeYeeto seems to be developing into a true enforcer. I would look to see if he is knocking skulls together in the future.

Weaknesses:

Leadership

Breakways

Discipline

Danny DeYeeto still has flaws like any other player. Being an enforcer means he also makes some very stupid decisions and dumb mistakes. DeYeeto doesn't know the front half of the ice exists yet. He still doesn't want the puck any time he gets it.

If he gets it on a clear breakaway, he will just leave the puck at the redline and go for a shift change.

DeYeeto also isn't a leader, he played supporting roles in most of his previous life and doesn't know how to take charge of a team. He is always looking at the coach for guidance.

DeYeeto lacks any sort of discipline, maybe the drugs got to his brain and shrunk it when his body grew.

We hope to see more of DeYeeto in the future. He seems like the guy who could make a strong impact on the Mississauga Hounds team and make a good round out to the lineup.

• 4 weeks later...

Review:

I can tell the start of the formatting is there, don't be afraid to play with headers and other formats. Good effort.

I've said this in past reviews, but instead of a single paragraph each for strengths and weaknesses, try breaking down each S/W individually, tell us the story behind it, why your player excels or struggles in that area. This will help flesh out your player a lot more and give your report some legs.

Surprised he doesn't focus on yeeting  the puck into the net.

On 5/18/2019 at 1:26 PM, Cran said:

Tommy DeVito - SportsWeb: “This guy looks familiar, like I've seen him at a family gathering one time and bumped into him. Anyways, DeYeeto is going to be a scary Enforcer in the VHLM. I see him causing some havoc and likely spending some time in the box while the players spend some time sitting injured."

This whole thing seems a bit tongue in cheek. That's not a criticism.

For being a bit of a joke player, good work putting this one together.