Bobby Butthole has retired!

VHL Bot

Interesting. He had potential, too--wrote his bio and everything. Thought he might be the first YouTube recruit to actually stick around.

6 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Interesting. He had potential, too--wrote his bio and everything. Thought he might be the first YouTube recruit to actually stick around.

I think he mentioned something about nobody sending him an official contract. So maybe that had something to do with it. But we (Houston) just got a goalie today with the same username. So it could be the same person. 

23 minutes ago, Jables said:

I think he mentioned something about nobody sending him an official contract. So maybe that had something to do with it. But we (Houston) just got a goalie today with the same username. So it could be the same person. 

Might have retired to create a goalie then. That's likely what happened.

51 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Might have retired to create a goalie then. That's likely what happened.

Can confirm this is what happened. A Commissioner will have to fix that 1 tpa bonus he got.

• Commissioner
31 minutes ago, Rayzor_7 said:

Can confirm this is what happened. A Commissioner will have to fix that 1 tpa bonus he got.

@Will really needs to get around to fixing this. I’ll try to remember to adjust it.

4 hours ago, banko said:

The sole reason why I joined Minnesota Storms. Thought he played with them.  I wish you the best in your retirement, Mr Butthole.

It was a mistake, he wanted to change his player to a goalie

Edited by Matt_O

On 5/19/2019 at 6:06 PM, GustavMattias said:

hey, he wasnt the only one that came from YouTube (i heard the VHL from TacTIx)

3 hours ago, Strooper99 said:

hey, he wasnt the only one that came from YouTube (i heard the VHL from TacTIx)

3 hours ago, Matmenzinger said:

I find this highly offensive

My goalie was also a YouTube recruit, and I'd be interested in hearing exactly what it was on YouTube that you guys saw. Apparently, this season there was some ad out there that said our league was "just like NHL 19" or something like that, so we had a lot of people signing up and then immediately leaving because they thought this was an NHL 19 sim league, and it isn't. I've heard there was some other thing out there (someone gave us a shoutout or something) that sort of worked, but this season, YouTube recruits in general have not been good signings because of the aforementioned ad. Just thought I might put that out there before someone gets the wrong idea about what I said earlier.

6 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

My goalie was also a YouTube recruit, and I'd be interested in hearing exactly what it was on YouTube that you guys saw. Apparently, this season there was some ad out there that said our league was "just like NHL 19" or something like that, so we had a lot of people signing up and then immediately leaving because they thought this was an NHL 19 sim league, and it isn't. I've heard there was some other thing out there (someone gave us a shoutout or something) that sort of worked, but this season, YouTube recruits in general have not been good signings because of the aforementioned ad. Just thought I might put that out there before someone gets the wrong idea about what I said earlier.

I joined because the YouTuber TacTix said something about it in a NHL19 video, even though VHL is not like NHL19 i still love this game

9 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Gotcha, I mean I joined the site like two weeks after you did. I'm pretty sure I discovered it via CynFtw but I don't remember exactly how he promoted it.