scuffed [2/2]

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2019 at 11:22 AM, Nykonax said:

0gTXSId.png

it's not the worst graphic ever submitted on a sim league, but I hate to tell you that I'm going to choose flaming you over giving you a fat heart (pause).

The image size is way too big imo, and an image that size has no real use on a forum message board (it may re-size on mobile, but on desktop it's huge). Re-sizing your stock images is an essential part of graphic making.  IMO you want to keep forum graphics to like 400x400 or smaller, especially when you're learning IMO.

I see you know how to use like a motion/lateral blur effect (on the background) and it doesn't look half bad. I also like that you isolated the COLOUR of the image to just the player, as this is a great technique to know/utilize to make sigs pop. I think the render itself could use some filtering (like a topaz adjust 5.5 dynamic pop or something) and also, I would've not used a STROKE on the render in this case, because of how jagged the cut is.

If you want to stroke a render (pause), you usually want a render that has been "cut" or "cropped" with a PEN TOOL, to give it smooth lines, which results in a smooth looking stroke, which looks way better.

I like your font (font choice, the stroke usage, and the tracking/kerning of the font), but it's absolutely massive, and IMO you never want to "corner lock" or "border lock" your font. I would've down-sized it by like 30-50% and not center-alligned it to the image, but maybe positioned it running with the players stick or something.

not bad, but not good either.

APPROVED

4 hours ago, gorlab said:

it's not the worst graphic ever submitted on a sim league, but I hate to tell you that I'm going to choose flaming you over giving you a fat heart (pause).

The image size is way too big imo, and an image that size has no real use on a forum message board (it may re-size on mobile, but on desktop it's huge). Re-sizing your stock images is an essential part of graphic making.  IMO you want to keep forum graphics to like 400x400 or smaller, especially when you're learning IMO.

I see you know how to use like a motion/lateral blur effect (on the background) and it doesn't look half bad. I also like that you isolated the COLOUR of the image to just the player, as this is a great technique to know/utilize to make sigs pop. I think the render itself could use some filtering (like a topaz adjust 5.5 dynamic pop or something) and also, I would've not used a STROKE on the render in this case, because of how jagged the cut is.

If you want to stroke a render (pause), you usually want a render that has been "cut" or "cropped" with a PEN TOOL, to give it smooth lines, which results in a smooth looking stroke, which looks way better.

I like your font (font choice, the stroke usage, and the tracking/kerning of the font), but it's absolutely massive, and IMO you never want to "corner lock" or "border lock" your font. I would've down-sized it by like 30-50% and not center-alligned it to the image, but maybe positioned it running with the players stick or something.

not bad, but not good either.

APPROVED

dude i have no clue what im doing and made this a while ago and just posted it now. Thanks for the advice though

Review:

Looking at your graphic from a total beginners eye, like myself, I really like it. Yes I can see things that are not perfect and I am sure there is a "magic tool" to fix a lot of errors that I don't even know what they do. With some corrections that were commented on, I think you will do just fine. Nice approach, can't wait to see what you can do next. Great effort.