Player Store - Discussion/Questions

Josh

• Commissioner

Please use this thread to ask questions or provide feedback on using the Player Store for purchases and income. 

First question, since I suffer from an apparent inability to understand anything at all about this new system, despite really liking it. 

Do we have to claim contract money every season, or will it automatically update?

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

First question, since I suffer from an apparent inability to understand anything at all about this new system, despite really liking it. 

Do we have to claim contract money every season, or will it automatically update?

The expectation is that it will be done automatically for each season after this, that's the current goal. I'll provide updates once we get closer to that time.

Some difficulties with that are... contracts are constantly modified in the off-season so I can't just tie in to the contract being accepted.

• Quik pinned this topic
  • Senior Admin
On 5/21/2019 at 3:41 PM, Josh. said:

Some difficulties with that are... contracts are constantly modified in the off-season so I can't just tie in to the contract being accepted.

That is tricky. The only way I can envision is just do a function the Financier can run at the end of off-season to deposit everyones current contract...then you'd just have to work something out for people that sign during the year 

Alternatively could build someway for GMs to mark their player salaries as finalized and make the deposits as they do it. 

• Commissioner
19 minutes ago, Phil said:

Don't all Players get to start with $1,000,000 or is that not a thing anymore. I have $0.00 Do I need to claim anything?

Gotta claim VHLM salary. Normally we’re hoping to have it add automatically but we had to manually do the salaries this first season. I don’t recall what the VHLM salary is, @Banackock should know.

17 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Gotta claim VHLM salary. Normally we’re hoping to have it add automatically but we had to manually do the salaries this first season. I don’t recall what the VHLM salary is, @Banackock should know.

3. Finances - Pay for All ACT

• Players drafted by a VHLM organization will be granted $1,500,000 and will usable the moment the draft is finished. 

Okay, so I should just be able to link this thread to the Player Store and claim the money then! Thank you

Edited by Phil

• Commissioner
20 hours ago, Phil said:

3. Finances - Pay for All ACT

• Players drafted by a VHLM organization will be granted $1,500,000 and will usable the moment the draft is finished. 

Okay, so I should just be able to link this thread to the Player Store and claim the money then! Thank you

For contracts you do not require a link but whatever works!

• 2 months later...

I have tried (a few days ago) to claim my VHLM contract money and it gave me a message about the store attendant approval or something. I thought the funds would be available immediately and only purchases would need approval. How long does it usually take for my contract funds to be dispersed?

• Commissioner
On 8/4/2019 at 11:17 AM, flyersfan1453 said:

Is there anywhere I can see a history of my contract money? Just trying to figure out how I have $5.5 million in my third season when I haven't bought anything (or at least I don't think I did)

Everything pre-portal is handled via the spreadsheets in the store posts. Everything since the portal is on your player page under finances.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Commissioner
1 hour ago, Banackock said:

Hi Joshua,

Just wanted to say thanks for being our local Apu. Fuck off huh

apu GIF

#FuckOn

It's more like this though.

spongebob squarepants GIF

Edited by Josh

• Commissioner
19 minutes ago, leafsman said:

Will i get my season 69 salary before depreciation?  need the money to be able to claim it

We've always allowed purchases early for depreciation so long as the salary you'll be receiving (or the league minimum if you are entering FA) will be enough to cover the purchase. So if you're waiting on $4M for example in contract and need another $2M to afford the purchase you can go into the negatives to get it because your contract will cover it.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
14 hours ago, zepheter said:

I bought Still Kicking but it was never approved. Idk who the store manager is or how to check so how do I go about getting that approved?

The depreciation fighters are handled by @Josh, I'd help you out but I don't know the process myself.

15 hours ago, zepheter said:

I bought Still Kicking but it was never approved. Idk who the store manager is or how to check so how do I go about getting that approved?

I believe it is because this is Florida Man's 6th season/1st depreciation. You can't buy the Still Kicking fighter until your 7th season/2nd depreciation.

Edited by Arce

36 minutes ago, Arce said:

I believe it is because this is Florida Man's 6th season/1st depreciation. You can't buy the Still Kicking fighter until your 7th season/2nd depreciation.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks!