Jagr named to WJC squad.

Shawnomir Jagr has been named to the Europe World Junior squad despite struggling a little bit in his rookie season. Jagr has scored only 5 goals and assisted on 2 goals for a measly 7 points in 29 games so far this season. That is only going to amount to about 17 points through 72 games. That is the definition of a tough season. Everyone else on the team has over double the points Jagr has. Jagr is on pace for just 12 goals on the year.

Despite this struggle, Jagr was the first player named to the Europe squad. He looks to bring experience back from last seasons Gold Medal win where he played well. Maybe against players around his age and tpe level (and a bit worse tpe wise), Jagr will break out and have a good tournament and better 2nd half of his season. Overall though, when I thought this season started, I had a outside chance at getting the RoY but boy was I wrong. 

It's weird your not putting points up your getting quite a bit of icetime also :( your just this season's gritty I guess.