All time VHL moments thread

Matt_O

10 hours ago, Thranduil said:

I haven't been around for long, but for me it is game 1 of the Saskatoon vs Halifax semi-finals in the S63 VHLM playoffs.

I'm writing a rewind on that one next week. I remember that game... even though I was on Saskatoon I thought it was hilarious.

5 hours ago, Matt_O said:

I'm writing a rewind on that one next week. I remember that game... even though I was on Saskatoon I thought it was hilarious.

If watching your GM have an aneurism is funny then I guess it is hilarious. Honestly though we coughed up so many leads, then I decided to play the deceit tactic on Brick Wahl and changed Puigdemont’s number. Wahl never found out and won seven in a row. ?

Edited by Peace

• Admin
On 5/23/2019 at 4:20 PM, Thranduil said:

I haven't been around for long, but for me it is game 1 of the Saskatoon vs Halifax semi-finals in the S63 VHLM playoffs.

https://vhlportal.com/VHLM/63/Playoffs/VHLM63-PLF-14.html

Not gonna lie, it might be recent but that was historic.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2019 at 4:14 PM, Sixersfan549 said:

Any Kesler moment tbh

Extremely biased, the S44 semis between Calgary and Quebec is still my favorite series of all-time. That was a rivalry with real bad blood, and the meltdown when Calgary won in 5, and decisively, was a scene.

1 hour ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Extremely biased, the S44 semis between Calgary and Quebec is still my favorite series of all-time. That was a rivalry with real bad blood, and the meltdown when Calgary won in 5, and decisively, was a scene.

That’s great content, but this is my all time sim league thread; it’s peak kesler

http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=12746&hl=Kesler17

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

Also the greatest moment of all time is easy Vasteras breaking their cup curse in Reik's second season. The league has gone downhill since succombing to the loud and erradicating the franchise.

Why did we even get rid of Vasteras?

2 hours ago, Matt_O said:

Why did we even get rid of Vasteras?

There were a bunch of reasons. They're a random, small market and their original GM would basically only play for the franchise (to the point he left the league when the team was moved to Madrid and then came back when they went back to Vasty). Because of their long cup drought everyone said they were cursed and a lot of members would use the fuck Vasteras emoticon, so a lot of newer members would come in refusing to play for the franchise.

Having said that, being on the curse-breaking team is among my best sim league memories ever, topped only by the Brooklyn Bullets winning the SBA championship following 2 straight game 7 finals losses. If the league was ever benevolent enough to bring Vasteras back I'd go nuts.

Edited by .sniffuM

33 minutes ago, .sniffuM said:

If the league was ever benevolent enough to bring Vasteras back I'd go nuts.

There are a few of us still left on that train (hi @solas), but I doubt it happens. My standing offer was/is that I'd only become a GM if I were allowed to move a team there.

13 hours ago, .sniffuM said:

How dare you forget me, Noah, and (I think) @diamond_ace! :P

Not going to lie your "A Red Guy" player name made me think....my next guy might have to be A Red Five... Perhaps this would encourage Jericho to come back lol. 

Also @street is right he was just as much apart of that hooligan Rebellion brigade as the rest of us lol.