Hachimura a Bust?

Dtayl

Kenji Hachimura has struggled mightily through the beginning of the season. After playing 25 games with the Halifax 21st he has managed a measly 5 points (2G, 3A) while sitting at -3 on his +/- rating. So far the promises of a burgeoning star have been replaced with flashes of a bust. The Japanese international looks to be in over his head after making the quik transition from hockey in Japan to hockey in North America. Everyone surely hopes that Kenji can turn around his misfortunes on the ice, but so far he has looked outclassed in every aspect of the game. Many 21st fans have been airing their frustrations about his poor performances on twitter: 

@21HaliBoys wrote “Kenji looks like actual trash on the ice, he should’ve kept his a** in Japan” 

@Dex1998 said “Dude, Hachimura looks lost on the ice, I thought he was gonna be good but cmon man. He can’t do anything”

Hachimura has also responded to the criticisms via twitter:

@HoppyMura1 “I know everyone is disappointed in my play. No one is more disappointed than myself. I will continue to work hard and progress and hopefully my hard work will begin to show on the ice. Thank you to the fans who continue to support me!”

We all certainly hope that young Kenji will be able to right the ship and help the 21st take home a VHLM cup. GO 21ST!!!!