VHLM Power Rankings #2

1368281242_VHLMLogo.png.ede3107b52fcfd6f855e30928d1743bc.png

After 33 STHS days, 141 games have been played by the eleven VHLM teams. These rankings are all based on opinion and are as unbiased as I can be. Momentum in the VHLM shifts rapidly and this is seen here.

1. Ottawa Lynx (+1)

OTT_bar.png.c7e693d64d39d3cf01b750c6fc1fd9b1.png

| 21-3-2 | 1st | 9-1-0 | W7 |

Ottawa is still on top. They’ve been showing well and continue winning their games, while dropping one game to Mississauga right before their slight decline.

2. Philadelphia Reapers (-1)

PHI_bar.png.331fdd5d42ecdf36acb7a68990823b3e.png

| 20-4-2 | 2nd | 9-1-0 | W5 | 

Philadelphia was holding streaks against weaker teams like Saskatoon. They dropped one game to Ottawa in the middle of that streak. 

3. Saskatoon Wild (=)

SSK_bar.png.37a7afe6a7bb3d3d36b3b6b3ed37f438.png

| 19-7-0 | 3rd | 8-2-0 | L1 |

Saskatoon was riding a six-game win streak playing middling teams and then lost it against Philadelphia in a tight 2-1 game.

4. San Diego Marlins (+1)

SD_TeamBar.png.f796f363a6d8968869472797130208c6.png

| 15-8-3 | 4th | 6-3-1 | W1 |

San Diego has managed to hold their hot stint, but they can't beat the top 3 teams and dropped games to Mississauga and Las Vegas.

5. Minnesota Storm (+1)

MIN_bar.png.97680a68565716cacb2249c50a5a6b0f.png

| 13-11-1 | 7th | 6-4-0 | W1 | 

Well, my last week's prediction was kind of correct. They fell in standings, but they are performing better, picking up wins over Halifax and Mexico.

6. Mexico City Kings (+2)

Mex_TeamBar.png.5a08d6daa84b8a8e004760c2bdbbb975.png

| 12-10-3 | 6th | 4-4-2 | W2 |

Mexico is keeping close to the best teams but can’t pull off a win against any of them. But have also been in close games against the likes of Yukon twice.

7. Halifax 21st (+1)

HFX_bar.png.834855b3f99e0c290536afb8117e7c04.png

| 14-9-3 | 5th | 5-4-1 | L1 | 

Halifax hasn’t done much, beating a sliding Mississauga and Las Vegas.  

8. Mississauga Hounds (-4)

Miss_TeamBar.png.4d4fd3035b72d7dc33e5be27f4af7e39.png

| 12-13-2 | 8th | 3-6-1 | L3 |

Mississauga has been sliding, dropping three games to Halifax and two to the other two expansion teams.

9. Las Vegas Aces (+1)

LVA_bar.png.773919c9e10348deaa9a3ebca42bff5e.png

| 9-14-2 | 9th | 4-5-1 | W2 |

Las Vegas has pulled off a few wins: three against Houston, one over San Diego, and a SOL vs Halifax.

10. Yukon Rush (-1)

YUK_bar.png.683b5626a78b6697b4d14c0a7cbfe77b.png

| 4-19-2 | 10th | 1-7-2 | SOL2 | 

I was right in my guess last week. They still aren’t the worst team, but their performance is disappointing

11. Houston Bulls (=)

HOU_bar.png.4166916696023bb8727cefaad3fc4c7e.png

| 2-19-4 | 11th | 0-9-1| L9 | 

Their poor goalie…

*Note: Written 23/05/2019

It refuses to remove these so I'm going to leave them

HFX_bar.png

HOU_bar.png

LVA_bar.png

Mex_TeamBar.png

MIN_bar.png

Miss_TeamBar.png

OTT_bar.png

PHI_bar.png

SD_TeamBar.png

SSK_bar.png

YUK_bar.png

Edited by Rayzor_7
Dammit

For the record I don't agree with VSN's system.

After 33 STHS days, 141 games have been played by the eleven VHLM teams. These rankings are all based on opinion and are as unbiased as I can be. Momentum in the VHLM shifts rapidly and this is seen here.
Ottawa is still on top. They’ve been showing well and continue winning their games, while dropping one game to Mississauga right before their slight decline.
Philadelphia was holding streaks against weaker teams like Saskatoon. They dropped one game to Ottawa in the middle of that streak. 
Saskatoon was riding a six-game win streak playing middling teams and then lost it against Philadelphia in a tight 2-1 game.
San Diego has managed to hold their hot stint, but they can't beat the top 3 teams and dropped games to Mississauga and Las Vegas.
Well, my last week's prediction was kind of correct. They fell in standings, but they are performing better, picking up wins over Halifax and Mexico.
Mexico is keeping close to the best teams but can’t pull off a win against any of them. But have also been in close games against the likes of Yukon twice.
Mississauga has been sliding, dropping three games to Halifax and two to the other two expansion teams.
Las Vegas has pulled off a few wins: three against Houston, one over San Diego, and a SOL vs Halifax.
I was right in my guess last week. They still aren’t the worst team, but their performance is disappointing.

This article is a mere 250 words if you only count the words written in the article, half the length of a media spot, yet it is worth 2 extra TPE on media spot. VSN is just an excuse not to work for your TPE if you ask me. How is it fair that some people write 800 words for 6 TPE while VSN writers do 250 words (and only in some weeks) but still get 8 TPE? It's screwed up and needs to stop. Now, I'm not calling out the writers in particular for taking advantage of the system, I would probably do the same if I worked for VSN, but they should just claim their articles as media spots / vhl.com articles and then claim the job pay as a separate two. So you would get 4 TPE if you wrote a 150+ word article and 8 for the whole thing. I don't mind them getting the extra 2 TPE, but this is being claimed for 4 times what it is normally worth.

6 hours ago, Thranduil said:

For the record I don't agree with VSN's system.

Ottawa is still on top. They’ve been showing well and continue winning their games, while dropping one game to Mississauga right before their slight decline.
Well, my last week's prediction was kind of correct. They fell in standings, but they are performing better, picking up wins over Halifax and Mexico.
I was right in my guess last week. They still aren’t the worst team, but their performance is disappointing.

This article is a mere 250 words if you only count the words written in the article, half the length of a media spot, yet it is worth 2 extra TPE on media spot. VSN is just an excuse not to work for your TPE if you ask me. How is it fair that some people write 800 words for 6 TPE while VSN writers do 250 words (and only in some weeks) but still get 8 TPE? It's screwed up and needs to stop. Now, I'm not calling out the writers in particular for taking advantage of the system, I would probably do the same if I worked for VSN, but they should just claim their articles as media spots / vhl.com articles and then claim the job pay as a separate two. So you would get 4 TPE if you wrote a 150+ word article and 8 for the whole thing. I don't mind them getting the extra 2 TPE, but this is being claimed for 4 times what it is normally worth.

So I left this explanation elsewhere as well. 

So this was supposed to be released alongside a VHL Power Ranking. However, due to our editor being busy it could not be done. Doing both is what caused this one to be slimmed, if I continue with one then it will go back to more detail. 

TLDR: While this one article was short, there was going to be more to even it out.

6 hours ago, Thranduil said:

I'm not sure if other writers are doing this, but I was told that the updaters want a link for the work you did that week when you claim your job pay, so each week I have to write a new article, and usually it is far longer than a typical media spot. Also, if you didn't see the explanation for why this one is short, it's because it was alongside the VHL power rankings, but that was never edited since our editor got busy. I do get what you're saying though; in the suggestions/complaints forum there is a topic "Give VSN more publicity". Definitely leave a comment about how you feel so we can try to make VSN better