Thomas Kennedy (My first graphic) [2/2]

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Thomas Kennedy (My first graphic) [1/2]
On 5/26/2019 at 8:29 PM, Walter Fizz said:

I know it’s kinda ass but it’s my first. Feel free to flame me or if you love Kennedy give me a fat heart. (I’m thirstier for hearts then Doug is thirsty for... nevermind.)

C6C17D24-1453-4162-BEB0-BAE1F9BF32C5.jpeg.34d617ff7f4e4b90167d29db94cabc6f.jpeg

it's not the worst graphic ever submitted on a sim league, but I hate to tell you that I'm going to choose flaming you over giving you a fat heart (pause).

The image size is way too big imo, and an image that size has no real use on a forum message board (it may re-size on mobile, but on desktop it's huge). Re-sizing your stock images is an essential part of graphic making.  IMO you want to keep forum graphics to like 400x400 or smaller, especially when you're learning IMO.

I see you know how to use like a motion/lateral blur effect, and you applied it liberally to the player image. What you want to do, is duplicate the layer with the player image, apply the motion blur effect to the TOP layer, and then use a LAYER MASK (with black brush) to MASK/ERASE the effect, revealing the hd/clear "normal" image below. You can mask key parts like the face/jersey, so it doesn't look like the entire image is effected by the motion/lateral blur effect, which looks more professional.

anyways this is garbage-tier but half way sufficient to a sim graphic. Keep practicing and good luck with your fat hearts.

APPROVED

Review:

Great first effort. I wish mine was that good. I can see what effect you were going for and works great. Maybe remove some of that effect from his visor but that really isn't a big deal. If doing these were real easy then they would all be pointless. Great job. 

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Thomas Kennedy (My first graphic) [2/2]