Do you care about VSN?

Matt_O

Do you care about VSN?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 6/17/2019 at 7:04 PM, Sonnet said:

Never really cared about VSN. Like a lot of people have mentioned, a lot of them are just better written media spots. On top of that, a lot of them are just an analysis of things that are happening or players that are doing well, which is something that I know anyway from checking the portal every now and again.

I think the best course of action would be to put together a weekly compilation that has a little bit of everything. A while back, we used to collaborate and publish a weekly magazine that contained a little bit of everything- some analysis, some coverage on storylines (I remember Pepper vs Mertz getting a whole page or two), some graphics sprinkled all throughout (including advertisements for stuff going on within the league), and it was all packaged together in a visually pleasing magazine editor. It elevated the content of the magazine to have that kind of a presentation, and made it stand out from a sea of weekly point tasks.

So I guess, overall, there are a few major things VSN needs to do before I really start to turn my head.

-Presentation

-Variety

-Collaboration

Work together to form a cohesive narrative about the league. Get a group of people that enjoys really making the world feel alive. Talk about more than the what, go into the why and have fun with it. Bring in some graphics, some guests for interviews, build on a good story you read in a media spot. Make VSN something more than just a bland explanation of what's going on.

How do you feel about the recent articles? I put in new rules last week for VSN and IMO this week is already going really well

I will put my verdict in here too. I believe VSN had a rough patch for quite some time. The articles were pretty mediocre and a lot of individuals around were publishing better written and more interesting articles. As I said that was for a pretty long period of the time before, now for all June I have been thoroughly enjoying VSN articles, they have been better, maybe still need a bit more of the finishing visual touch from time to time, but in general VSN is showing a great promise and might get me to becoming a dedicated reader. 

I will say that, as VHL Radio is under VSN, we need VHL Radio podcasts back and in full strength. 

In the end, I will say that for quite some time I did find that my own articles (ECN stuffs) were just better, currently, I am a bit uneasy about that statement and ready to put VSN and ECN as equals in quality and content.

I hope this helps and motivates VSN to grow and be better!

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Sonnet said:

Beketov hoping that this will be the team to bring him back to the finals for the first time in three real-life years

I would have read that tbh.