A 3rd Option for TPA Recalling

Hey guys, I noticed that in the player store at the moment, there's two options to recall TPE on your player... the 1st is a complete recall, which allows to change up your player entirely for 6 million, whilst the other is kinda broken and feels useless to those with a lot of TPA. The fact it costs 500K to recall TPA on a category and that category has to be at or below 70 TPE feels like a waste.... especially if a person wants to make a change to their guy to benefit himself and his team. I feel a third option should be introduced: Full Stat TPA Recall is what I'd call it, have it priced at 1.5 million (25% of the full reroll, 3X as much as the 500K version), and have it be that a person can recall the full TPA on a stat regardless of how high it is, so a person could make a big change to their player without breaking his bank or having to pick out a stat that hasn't be upped a lot and take TPA away from it. This would allow people to make some changes to their guy and how he plays while not breaking the bank and be more beneficial to his club. 

For example, I'm looking at my team, the Hounds, and how my player is. I'm definitely a goal scorer at the moment, and even lead the VHLM in goals.... but we have a ton of shooters on this club. I've also been drafted by the Wranglers, and noticed a similar thing.... a lot of shooters. Right now, my shot's at an 80, so I can't use the recall option in the current store on that stat. However, if this new option was implemented, I could purchase that and recall my scoring TPA, giving me the ability to make my player more of a passer, which in turn would benefit the Hounds & Wranglers for when I come up next season. That not only benefits me as I'd probably assist on a lot of goals, I'd also be more helpful in general as I've noticed the league lacks playmakers. 

Let me know what you guys think about this idea, and if it's smart or not. I think there should be a limit on it like the current ones we have now, but I'm not sure what that limit is.... and the price could be tweaked too (I chose 1.5 as it felt like a good middle ground). 

38 reads and not 1 response. Must be being discussed on discord. 

Not sure about the idea personally, but wanted to say nice work on formulating the idea and putting some effort into your thoughts. 

agreed w/ BOOM's post above.

However, I think from my experience, making tpe re-rolling easy/affordable to do kind of taints the "structure" of a player sim league.

Like, it deters from scouting out specific positions/roles/player because you can just draft your friend and have him re-roll to whatever type of build you want for whatever need your team has... and then theoretically you end up having everybody on your team re-roll stats to fit your team strategy. Then, the league might as well just be reduced to the ~10 GMs and have them roll their players stat categories however they want to, every season. Obviously the money aspect prevents this from happening on a league-wide scale, but I just think tpe re-rolling is a bit counter-intuitive to "player leagues".

I also think that introducing your specific 3rd option suggestion isn't going to immediately/drastically implement the scenarios I've described above, and probably would only be used a handful of times per season, if that, and not really change anything... but I've always just assumed tpe re-rolling isn't common/popular in player sim leagues, because of what I described in the previous paragraph.

Plus, in my 3 VHL careers / other sim careers, I've never paid to re-roll tpe. I just try to learn as I go and apply what I learn on my future players. Seems to have worked out alright that way, for me at least.

5 hours ago, BOOM said:

38 reads and not 1 response. Must be being discussed on discord. 

Not sure about the idea personally, but wanted to say nice work on formulating the idea and putting some effort into your thoughts. 

I read it earlier, but I quite didn't know how to discuss it; the idea wasn't being discussed on Discord, but I want to assume people are taking the same path I am. Constructing a response based off their experience, and that's what I took the time to do. I'm altering a tad bit because I decided to respond to you first, but the premise of my response was that - basically - I disagree with adding another option for re-rolling your TPA. 

I come from the experience of having used all of my TPA recall and reroll options. I was a new player and made the mistake like everyone else does, I constantly added points to areas I didn't need them in, and consequentially my build was weaker and less competitive during his rookie season despite being on a stacked Riga team. After that season concluded I was legitimately considering retiring my first player and starting over as defender/center. 

I ended up buying the TPA Reroll ($6, 000, 000) to correct the mistakes I made, and this was before the TPA recalls were added, because I had almost a hundred TPA assigned into checking, leadership, discipline, fighting and strength. I don't regret that purchase because I completely redefined the type of player I was trying to build, an offensive but reliable threat at all times. My build has always been a 50/50 split between goals and assists minus the ongoing season. 

This season I purchased two TPA recalls and redistributed the points into increasing my passing, as Peace was assigned to a line where he records far more assists than he does points, and the bonus of me refocusing my efforts on passing was improving my player overall. Now as someone who has spent $7, 000, 000 on redistributing the attribute points I've earned I have to say 'no' to this particular instance. 

While I think the TPA recall is extremely expensive, I would counter that it should be lowered to something like $4, 000, 000 and a career maximum of two for your career. That way - people who make a mistake like me on their first player - can correct those mistakes without costing an arm and a leg. $4, 000, 000 is still reasonable as it's typically the entire rookie contract of a new player and the remaining salary of their VHLM contract, which is a mandatory 1, 500, 000. 

Thanks for the small discussion in here, guys. I did get some other feedback on this in Discord, but it wasn't much..... I just thought it might've been useful, especially to 1st-time players like myself. But I do see the issue with this now that you guys have pointed them out.