S66 Trivia Week 3 - Previous results will be with you shortly

Victor

• Admin

Fuck it's Thursday.

2 capped TPE for getting 2 right answers.

2 points onto S66 leaderboard which gives uncapped TPE at end of season.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd5IATrK9TvUu149IStqT7bOKlBKfBmpYhenhAJrlQ6ZGIdjQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

• Commissioner
6 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

@Victor does "most continental cups" apply to cups won as a player, as a GM, or both?

I took it to mean as a player.

• Commissioner
14 minutes ago, PenKnight said:

Kinda new here... so when you post up week two results we just claim it under Week Ending June 2nd as a back claim?

Technically week 3 would be the ones ending June 2nd. Week 2 would be ending May 26th.

But Yes, you can always back claim so long as the work was done during the week in question. You can’t, for example, do 5 MS’ in a single week and claim for the last month that you missed but if you did an MS every week for the last month and forgot to claim them you can always go back and claim earlier weeks.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Technically week 3 would be the ones ending June 2nd. Week 2 would be ending May 26th.

But Yes, you can always back claim so long as the work was done during the week in question. You can’t, for example, do 5 MS’ in a single week and claim for the last month that you missed but if you did an MS every week for the last month and forgot to claim them you can always go back and claim earlier weeks.

Oh it appears I did it incorrectly for Week One as I claimed it for Week Ending May 26th and it went through so does that need to be fixed since I will always be a week wrong in the claim?

• Commissioner
9 minutes ago, PenKnight said:

Oh it appears I did it incorrectly for Week One as I claimed it for Week Ending May 26th and it went through so does that need to be fixed since I will always be a week wrong in the claim?

Don’t worry about it. You have 2 capped TPE left that you can earn the week before so when week 2 results come out you can just claim them for that one instead. Basically just swaps week 1 and 2; it’s not a big deal.

39 minutes ago, PenKnight said:

Kinda new here... so when you post up week two results we just claim it under Week Ending June 2nd as a back claim?

To add to this: in my opinion, it's best to not back claim trivia, in case you (or whoever you may or may not have gotten the answers from) missed a question. If this happens, there's really no way to get that 1 capped TPE after the week is over. 

What I'd suggest is waiting until the results are released to claim it, i.e. if results go up next week, claim it for next week, just to make sure you can cap if you miss a question.

You are free to back claim, though, as Bek said.

2 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

To add to this: in my opinion, it's best to not back claim trivia, in case you (or whoever you may or may not have gotten the answers from) missed a question. If this happens, there's really no way to get that 1 capped TPE after the week is over. 

What I'd suggest is waiting until the results are released to claim it, i.e. if results go up next week, claim it for next week, just to make sure you can cap if you miss a question.

You are free to back claim, though, as Bek said.

In that case it is better to just do reviews... cap out at 12 and answer the trivia for the bonus at the end of the season??

Since now if I got the answers wrong I am basically out of 2 TPE because of the delay... correct.

I mean what I am saying is it is a safer play?

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, PenKnight said:

In that case it is better to just do reviews... cap out at 12 and answer the trivia for the bonus at the end of the season??

Since now if I got the answers wrong I am basically out of 2 TPE because of the delay... correct.

I mean what I am saying is it is a safer play?

Safer option yeah. Personally I back claim it because I’m pretty confident in my ability to get the answers and if I miss out on 1 or 2 TPE I don’t really mind. However if you want to squeeze the most TPE out it’s best to play it safe with something like reviews and just use trivia for the uncapped bonus at the end.

Also confused here, I figured as it was posted last thursday, the results would also be eligible for this week.

With Adrienne being created within a week of this being posted, i figured the capped TPE of Trivia Week 3 would count for this week.

Just want to double check if my player is eligible for the capped part if I would claim it for this weeks ending.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Green said:

Also confused here, I figured as it was posted last thursday, the results would also be eligible for this week.

With Adrienne being created within a week of this being posted, i figured the capped TPE of Trivia Week 3 would count for this week.

Just want to double check if my player is eligible for the capped part if I would claim it for this weeks ending.

That’s fine. Vic taking his time with these is making it a bit confusing but ultimately the key is that they can be back claimed or used in a current week, it doesn’t really matter much. You aren’t getting more than 1 a week, that’s the key.

31 minutes ago, Beketov said:

That’s fine. Vic taking his time with these is making it a bit confusing but ultimately the key is that they can be back claimed or used in a current week, it doesn’t really matter much. You aren’t getting more than 1 a week, that’s the key.

So I could even use them as backclaims for week 1 trivia?  Just checking as that is what BladeMaiden told me, but I didnt believe her on it :) Would be nice, so I can complete my first week today as week 1 was posted (as only of the trivia's)

• Commissioner
Just now, Green said:

So I could even use them as backclaims for week 1 trivia?  Just checking as that is what BladeMaiden told me, but I didnt believe her on it :) Would be nice, so I can complete my first week today as week 1 was posted (as only of the trivia's)

You’re a bit more complicated because you didn’t have a player. Generally we don’t allow claims of things done when someone was without a player unless we specify that it’s alright in advance. Basically you’re asking to back claim from before your player existed which isn’t really a thing.

Because it’s a bit complex I’m gonna say this: you can claim week 3 for this week (whenever the hell the answers come out) and obviously claim onward but week’s 1 and 2 aren’t claimable for you because your player didn’t exist. Obviously you still get the uncapped bonus at the end from them though.