Discord vs Forums

Matt_O

Yeah, discord is great for people to chat about random stuff, but are pretty much impossible to keep track of any sort of discussions. It's very much a "You had to be there" conversation, which is fun, but being able to go back and see a full conversation is always fun, and leaves room to enter a conversation hours later

Count me as one of the other old timers here who prefers the forum. I get tagged for sims on the Discord and other things sometimes so I can respond to that, but in general other than the odd conversation I find myself seeing and getting in a few times per week, I'd much rather see more discourse on the forums. As stated above it's just so much easier to join a conversation after the fact, and in general unless it's for PT's there isn't a lot of league discussion that translates to the forums.

Granted, a lot of the Discord chatter doesn't belong on forums anyways, since it's just casual chat style conversations that I'm presuming you wouldn't get in a post format. 

• Head Moderator

Both have their uses. I'm mainly on discord because thats where I hang out and just chat with people and make myself available. Its good for being able to contact certain people as well as a good place to help people with questions right away that pop in.

Formal stuff and games obviously i check the forums for but I hardly do much chatting here.