Journals of Michael Johnson [1/2]

fonziGG

Friday, May 31st:

This past week has been hell for me. Honestly, I’m not sure what I can do to improve as a player. Maybe, I’m overworked? Maybe I need to have a cheat meal? I’m genuinely confused. I haven’t actually sat back and chilled. My mind is racing and I feel like I’m in a mental fog.

You know what I haven’t done in a while? Play some Xbox. I think that’s it really. Ehhh actually, on reflection I don’t wanna get cheesed on NHL 19 online. Maybe I need to have a few drinks with the team? I think a good rum and coke could do the trick, maybe take the edge off. Yeah, we ‘ve been working so hard that maybe we need some time to chill together and have a bond. Alright, I’m setting that up tonight!

Saturday, June 1st:

Well…. That didn’t go as I expected. I had 16 rum and cokes, threw up in a garbage can and I wasn’t even the worst one there. Also, It didn’t do shit for me. I’m still playing like ass.

I don’t know? Maybe I should talk with the GM. Maybe he’s got some experience. He might have had a underperforming player before? Alright, I’ll have a quik chat with @Thranduil. Ehhh maybe he’s too busy for that. I mean trade deadline is coming up? If I bring this up now, maybe he’ll trade me. I like Halifax. The seafood here is unreal and my teammates are like my family.

Maybe, somebody is praying for my demise? Okay, now I’m delusional…. Or am I? I bet you its Hulk Hogan. No wait, I think it has to be Motza or anyone else on Mexico City. Yeah, I bet you it’s them that’s putting this curse on me. I mean it makes sense doesn’t it? They curse the goalie on the team that’s ahead of them on the rankings?

Actually no, that doesn’t work out. I mean Mexico City sucks. It can’t be them, seriously.

Sunday, June 2nd:

I don’t think it’s Mexico City. Well, I went to the teams psychologist and he was mentioning that maybe I have something on my mind. What the hell could be on my mind, this is on my mind. I want to play. I want to freaking win the game and have a high SV% and get that W so we can annihilate teams in the playoffs. I’m not doing that right now, I’m sucking.

Maybe I should call home. I haven’t spoken to my parents in a few days. I bet they know what to do. They’ve always understood me. They know me better than me. Alright, lets see what dad says.

“Michael, maybe you’re starting to get into your own head about things. Let it come to you naturally, the world doesn’t just give it to you in your hands. It takes time to cultivate an end product. Enjoy the moment, work hard and play your best. Your mom says do some meditation but you know I think that’s a load of BS. Good luck, son”

Thanks Dad.

52 minutes ago, Lincoln Tate said:

Love the 16 rum and coke reference! You got this Michael Johnson! :)

Yeah, seems like he stood on his head for WJC. Halifax, I'm not sure.

Review:

Great Journal entries to get a sense of what's going on behind the scenes with this up-coming goalie. Clearly you aren't curse (or at least anymore) since you did the business against us Marlins, twice in a row last night! So I guess whatever you're doing now... keep doing it! Fun article to read. Keep it up @fonziGG! :cheers: 

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Journals of Michael Johnson [1/2]