VHL Brands

Quik

After much deliberation, the league has decided that, effective immediately, VHL Brands and the Sponsor's Shield will be terminated. While it was a highly anticipated addition to the league, we feel that the over saturation of tournaments, in addition to rapid league expansion, ultimately lead to a lack of interest. At this time, there is no plan to replace, or re-invent, VHL Brands.

Thank you,

@Commissioner

I knew this was coming, all it really was - for a large majority of players - was either a preseason look at their build or extra money in the back, sometimes both. 

4 hours ago, tfong said:

I think brands could be reimagined to serve some other purpose. I think the ideas are there but needs a different format or end purpose.

like an endorsement? they can make a set amount of money for hitting a target - no simming involved, just a way to make money/tpe?

• Commissioner
8 minutes ago, Anthony Matthews said:

like an endorsement? they can make a set amount of money for hitting a target - no simming involved, just a way to make money/tpe?

I guess my problem with that becomes what’s the point? Realistically it just inflates player wallets which frankly I don’t see as something we really need to be doing.

5 hours ago, tfong said:

I think brands could be reimagined to serve some other purpose. I think the ideas are there but needs a different format or end purpose.

listen to the man

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

I guess my problem with that becomes what’s the point? Realistically it just inflates player wallets which frankly I don’t see as something we really need to be doing.

I mean, depreciation stuff is really expensive. If you spend all your career money on that stuff, you won't really be able to buy any of the other shop things.

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

I won't be making enough money to cover the uncapped TPE for VHL.com (1 per season), the doubles week (also 1 per season), and all the depreciation purchases, and I've done pretty much everything I can since I joined, so inflation isn't too much of a worry right now.

I won't even make half the money to do all those things across my career.

24 minutes ago, DilIsPickle said:

I mean, depreciation stuff is really expensive. If you spend all your career money on that stuff, you won't really be able to buy any of the other shop things.

That’s kind of the point though. You’re supposed to need to decide between purchases now vs. Depreciation fighters

• Commissioner
18 minutes ago, Quik said:

That’s kind of the point though. You’re supposed to need to decide between purchases now vs. Depreciation fighters

This.

Depreciation isn’t designed to be something you can completely fight. The fact that we can (plus some) is a symptom that we do likely have too much money floating around.

If you want stuff like uncapped you should have to sacrifice depreciation fighting items at the end of your career because you got the boost earlier. If we make it so that everyone can afford everything we might as well eliminate the store because it serves no purpose anymore.

• Will unfeatured this topic