What to do with Brands

Recently, we saw Brand tournament die it comes as no real big shock. However, I feel the brand were always a big miss. Now we have 2 ways members can earn 8 TPE a week without ever contributing more than a link to the website. Members who do not have time to balance multiple leagues miss out on extra TPE. Which is why my proposal is something that revives brands, well giving members a new fun spin off to earn some TPE. Brand could be a once a season thing each brand gives your player TPE to a specific skill set. Example would be the Vikings could be a stick company and give you a boost of X amount of TPE based on writing a certain amount or a graphic. It must be a brand hype article, it cant just be some random article or graphic. It would be uncapped as it’s a once a season event. It gives brand some life, makes it fun way to build these weird and random companies. It brings activity to our board and would be exclusive to members who post on it. Here is what I was thinking for every current brand and what their specialty would be.

Haterade- Could be involved in endurance given, things like Gatorade are about quenching thirst to help you keep going it would make the most sense. Could do articles based on sports drinks or energy drinks, maybe even their new protein shake. Something that would fit with this brand.

Jolt Juice- Gets tricky here because this one and Haterade feel similar which is boring. Perhaps this one could deal with strength Skating or be rebranded all together as this is just an idea an we could alter the companies. However if we kept this, it could be a company in medical so they have supplements that make you feel more energized an stronger or faster skater.

Netflex- This one we could go one of a few ways, for something fun it could be a boost to fighting, though it would never be used often then. Strength if we changed Jolt Juice. Ads for this company could be like home gym sets, weights, or a boxing ring .

True North Gear- This is pretty easy could be Skating, Puck handling, or passing. Depending on which one we went with would be advertising gloves, skates, any real hockey equipment that would aid you in those skills. Ubuyalot Games- I would probably go with puck handling or rebrand here, reason I would go puck handling would be u need good coordination to be a good gamer and handle the puck well. Could be seen on the cover of new games this company makes, or like a VHL 67 etc.

Viking – This one is hard but id go with shooting making this a stick making company or again rebrand. Advertisements for this could be for your players own line of hockey stick. Or their new line of sticks/curve on the blades. Maybe even new stick technology.

@Admin @Brand Executive @Commissioner @Members

Edited by Gooningitup

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Inb4 someone complains about the members tag

I’m more so confused why the other tags were included when members covers literally everyone already.

Just now, Beketov said:

I’m more so confused why the other tags were included when members covers literally everyone already.

I'm actually never pinged by the members tag. Don't know if it's supposed to be that way, but I'm not and would actually like to be...

tenor.gif?itemid=13938828>Brands

But srsly I'm sure if we collectively brain storm we can do something with Brands without killing them completely - heck lets ditch the lottery and do a brand lottery where each month we have a draw, each brand gets one VHL and one VHLM player and like 2 TPE/month and then they can be the face of the brand and need to make all their monthly posts (for TPE) as part of a brand campaign 

• Commissioner
4 hours ago, Kyle said:

Is there seriously no way to turn off the members tag notification?

Have you checked your notification settings? At the very least you shouldn’t need to be emailed for it whichever aim guessing you are since your never around otherwise.

• Commissioner
10 hours ago, Gooningitup said:

Does it? Ive never used it before an im old dont know any better

If we have it set up the way I think we usually have all members listed as members in their secondary group so it should ping everyone. However...

10 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

I'm actually never pinged by the members tag. Don't know if it's supposed to be that way, but I'm not and would actually like to be...

This proves we might have missed some

4 hours ago, Green said:

I think in the SBA they actually remove members that dont want to be tagged (in exchange for the promise to not complain if they miss out on anything)

It is an option, though I don’t love it. I do wonder if people are getting email spam or something from it because honestly a notification isn’t the end of the world. People do need to learn to just look at more in the forum without being tagged though. Realistically nothing outside of announcements should need it. We got along for 10 years without it and without people missing anything important.

4 hours ago, Beketov said:

14 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

This proves we might have missed some

Can confirm, as a new VHLM GM I am no longer notified by the @ members tag. I was before though.

8 hours ago, Beketov said:

Have you checked your notification settings? At the very least you shouldn’t need to be emailed for it whichever aim guessing you are since your never around otherwise.

I'm here every day, I just don't post outside of PTs.

Edited by Kyle

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Kyle said:

I'm here every day, I just don't post outside of PTs.

This is news.

Could we trial brands as another way to obtain jobs? For example, brands could hire brand-specific writers and graphic producers that produce weekly or bi-weekly content about players (also managed by the brand in some way). Media could be about brand-organized volunteer/non-profit work and graphics could be player billboards or screencaps from commercials; sky's the limit for the creatives.

I'm not sure we necessarily need to tie brands to their own separate tournament or treat them as autonomous teams - just bring them up like you might advertising, e.g. "the Season 68 VHL All-Star Game, brought to you by our official sponsor, Jolt Juice!" during an ASG cast, or "Welcome to Haterade Stadium in Calgary, Canada!". If you want, you can even name a Discord channel or two based on contests from brands, e.g. "#the-netflex-thunderdome". Make players put their sponsorship programs in signatures or mention them during VHL.com articles.

If you want, you can even have a vote for "brand of the season" (or have a committee decide which brand was best-represented in the league for a given season), leading to the above-mentioned advertising opportunities. Give players that produce exceptional content for brands a few uncapped TPE, e.g. put "best brand MS/graphic" up to a vote at the end of the season to encourage participants to produce high-quality content.

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

This is news.

Making, updating and earning for a player is easier than it's ever been so I just update and keep to myself+ @Victor drafted me so I feel obligated to become a decent player for him.

• Admin
1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Making, updating and earning for a player is easier than it's ever been so I just update and keep to myself+ @Victor drafted me so I feel obligated to become a decent player for him.

Your MCM can’t inspire this level of blind faith.

I think the brands idea was cool, just didnt engage members a lot. I guess lots of people hate the members tag haha, but if it was used more, like it is in other tournaments, I think it would have been easier to engage with