What to do with Brands

2 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

Could we trial brands as another way to obtain jobs? For example, brands could hire brand-specific writers and graphic producers that produce weekly or bi-weekly content about players (also managed by the brand in some way). Media could be about brand-organized volunteer/non-profit work and graphics could be player billboards or screencaps from commercials; sky's the limit for the creatives.

I'm not sure we necessarily need to tie brands to their own separate tournament or treat them as autonomous teams - just bring them up like you might advertising, e.g. "the Season 68 VHL All-Star Game, brought to you by our official sponsor, Jolt Juice!" during an ASG cast, or "Welcome to Haterade Stadium in Calgary, Canada!". If you want, you can even name a Discord channel or two based on contests from brands, e.g. "#the-netflex-thunderdome". Make players put their sponsorship programs in signatures or mention them during VHL.com articles.

If you want, you can even have a vote for "brand of the season" (or have a committee decide which brand was best-represented in the league for a given season), leading to the above-mentioned advertising opportunities. Give players that produce exceptional content for brands a few uncapped TPE, e.g. put "best brand MS/graphic" up to a vote at the end of the season to encourage participants to produce high-quality content.

You're describing what brands were supposed to be, but no one wrote about them outside of when it was a specific doubles week for brands.

At the end of the day, I don't see why extra TPE should be rewarded writing about something that is not VHL or VHLM related.

1 hour ago, flyersfan1453 said:

You're describing what brands were supposed to be, but no one wrote about them outside of when it was a specific doubles week for brands.

At the end of the day, I don't see why extra TPE should be rewarded writing about something that is not VHL or VHLM related.

My apologies; I wasn't aware there was a separate plan for brands at the beginning. It's a bummer that it didn't work out; I'd love to see brands with a more robust infrastructure.

At the end of the day, I guess I was looking for something to motivate me to keep writing high-quality articles since I can't always do statistical analysis without more free time. Switching it up and writing a little more about around-the-league rather than in-the-league topics was more just for my amusement than anything else.