Boomer Kuwanger has retired!

VHL Bot

I'm not going to waste anyone's time/draft picks since I'm not into the VHL at all anymore. Given that I don't recruit (since my internet presence is almost nil outside of Twitter and Facebook) and I'm not particularly into Discord, I feel like the league has moved away from where I can be involved to the level I'd like to be. I'm not saying this is bad (clearly it's not, given the crazy uptick in activity lately), it's just not for me. Best of luck to y'all.

Yo shit you made a player named  Boomer Kuwanger? That's awesome. I loved using that's as my name a couple baseball sim leagues as a pitch with  a sick curve.

Mega Man X is probably my favorite video game of all time.

• 1 year later...

Is being active in the Discord still unofficially part of being able to be relevant in the VHL? I've popped on the site a couple times lately since I'm off school for a bit but I still hate Discord so if not being on it means it's going to be impossible for me to be anything besides a bit player then I'll just go back to my regularly-scheduled life

1 minute ago, Hybrid1486 said:

Is being active in the Discord still unofficially part of being able to be relevant in the VHL? I've popped on the site a couple times lately since I'm off school for a bit but I still hate Discord so if not being on it means it's going to be impossible for me to be anything besides a bit player then I'll just go back to my regularly-scheduled life

Kind of, IMO. Discord is still the number 1 source of activity. I’d imagine a few LR’s on the forum are active but nothing even comparable to the good days. 

Would be awesome to see you return though! 

Just now, Banackock said:

Kind of, IMO. Discord is still the number 1 source of activity. I’d imagine a few LR’s on the forum are active but nothing even comparable to the good days. 

Would be awesome to see you return though! 

Meh, prolly not then...Discord always seems to suck the fun out of things for me, I join it in relation to something I like but then I have to be connected all the damn time and it becomes a chore

But it was nice to see random PMs from last year saying I was missed...thanks for that

• Admin
47 minutes ago, Hybrid1486 said:

Ask @der meister how to master the forum-only life

There's a crowd of people who only use the forum and it's been getting bigger over the last year. I don't mind checking in on Discord but it's way too hard to keep up with and eventually actually makes me frustrated. If you need a hand or anything be sure for a response, you can still be a very good player.. Just not as "active" as a top tier player and sought after for locker room chats

Edited by 16z

1 hour ago, Hybrid1486 said:

Some teams are much more active on site than others. I hate Discord, can't use it at work, refuse to use it at home. The league works for me, and considerably better than some other leagues with a Discord-heavy presence. 

16 hours ago, Victor said:

Ask @der meister how to master the forum-only life

rip me

Moscow is one of the more active lrs

fuck discord

about 1/4th oh my homies hate discord

Edited by GrittyIsKing09

• Admin
3 hours ago, GrittyIsKing09 said:

rip me

Moscow is one of the more active lrs

fuck discord

about 1/4th oh my homies hate discord

more in the sense he might actually know der meister. :P But yes, Gritty another shining example of the forum-based resistance.