Las Vegas GM [HIRED!]

Banackock

As always the process was a difficult one for myself and @diamond_ace. Some strong candidates that we highly considered for the job - especially a few who made the choice even more difficult towards the end as we narrowed the options down. Lots of members have been waiting and lots do deserve a potential shot. This time around, we've decided to add a guy that fits both of those qualities. 

Ladies and Gentleman + @Esso2264

:veg: Your new Las Vegas Aces GM...:veg:

@Matt_O

@VHLM Commissioner

clap applause GIF by Weihnachten Neu Erleben

4 hours ago, uphillmoss said:

The point of an agm is to prepare you to become a gm

We are not obligated to pick an existing agm to be a gm, considering we did not make them agms in the first place. You were among the final group to be selected, I can tell you that much - but if you're trying to tell Banana and I how to do our jobs, that's not a good look for you tbh.

1 minute ago, diamond_ace said:

We are not obligated to pick an existing agm to be a gm, considering we did not make them agms in the first place. You were among the final group to be selected, I can tell you that much - but if you're trying to tell Banana and I how to do our jobs, that's not a good look for you tbh.

Just saying, the role of agm is ment specifically to help members become gms, but you have constantly passed over them for gm jobs. You have essentially made the position pointless

2 minutes ago, uphillmoss said:

Just saying, the role of agm is ment specifically to help members become gms, but you have constantly passed over them for gm jobs. You have essentially made the position pointless

It is pointless. Agm is meant for whatever the gm decides it's meant for. I don't know where you got the idea that it's meant to help members become gms - it helps to an extent, it's part of a resume, but it is in no way a requirement or a direct stepping stone. Up until about 3-4 seasons ago, no one even had them. You were close to getting a position, you were one of a final group of 4 for this position and a final group of 5 for the previous one, now that you're trying to tell us how to do our jobs, I'm not so sure how close you are really. We don't need gms who will undermine the commissioners.

20 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

It is pointless. Agm is meant for whatever the gm decides it's meant for. I don't know where you got the idea that it's meant to help members become gms - it helps to an extent, it's part of a resume, but it is in no way a requirement or a direct stepping stone. Up until about 3-4 seasons ago, no one even had them. You were close to getting a position, you were one of a final group of 4 for this position and a final group of 5 for the previous one, now that you're trying to tell us how to do our jobs, I'm not so sure how close you are really. We don't need gms who will undermine the commissioners.

I think I may be part of the issue here. 

I'm not saying AGMs become GMs directly, but I have been saying it helps during an open selection process or replacement. I've said (as an AGM) you're more likely to take over the team you've been the assistant general manager too when your GM steps down or is promoted to the VHL as a GM, but it's never a guarantee, it's just been based off my experience. I was the AGM for Saskatoon when Dtayl went inactive at the start of S63, continued to send lines and recruit for the team, and finally had to get Will to give me portal powers so I could make some deals. 

I was given Interim GM shortly after, and then became the GM when the season actually ended. 

Thran became GM of Halifax after McWolf stepped down despite some GM openings between Thran's hiring and McWolf departing, so there is some merit to the claim that AGMs are more likely to take control of the team they AGM over someone from the outside. Perhaps I should stop advertising that, I've just been using my experience as a foundation for others.  

I mean - lots of people have been continuously passed over and the reasoning is that there are tons of members applying for these positions with a bunch of them being solid candidates. @Matt_O was passed on lots and I imagine at times even felt like saying “fuck this”. If you deserve it, eventually your chance will come. If ever someone has questions or what not about their chances or maybe what they could do to improve their chances - were here to offer and discuss. 

As said prior, Assistants are assistants. Exactly as explained above - whatever the actual gm wants you to do. You literally hold essentially zero actual power and are, if we’re being honest, more of a secretary, hehe. Some better than others. 

@uphillmoss I explained my/our concerns to you and with that gave you ways to improve yourself. I get it can be discouraging - I am well aware, but at the end of the day you just have to keep trying to apply and keep looking for ways to prove to us that you’re better than the rest. As stated above, you were in the mix for the actual job - we just felt there was a stronger route atm. 

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...