Jaguar > Mars for ROTY

gorlab

Salutations my VHL brethren,

I humbly come before you to plead the case of Jet Jaguar over Shane Mars for the S66 Rookie of the Year award.

With a handful of games remaining, and to the untrained eye, Shane Mars appears to have a comfortable lead over Jet Jaguar in terms of raw offensive production, which will sway a lot of voters to award him the S66 ROTY Award, but I have dedicated my VHL.com article to clear the air, and explain why Jet Jaguar is more worthy of the award.

Through 66 games this season, the offensive stat-line does favour Mars at first glance:

image.png.c36d8ad33803f678e6a4600788c908bb.png

However, there are several underlying factors that I will briefly highlight, that should give Jaguar a significant boost in the Rookie of the Year voting.

Activity

spade18 is a VHL GM, and is more-or-less inactive. He refused to trade beloved VHL member pennypenny at the S66 trade deadline, despite numerous requests from the player. This blatant disregard for VHL well-being shouldn't be rewarded with individual player awards, point blank.

Gorlab, however, has been consistently active, has helped Moscow to a historic season in terms of winning, and has shocked the VHL graphic community after returning from inactivity as a sig god, and keeping the memory of VHL's most famous graphics god, boubabi, alive.

Shane Mars created in the week ending January 27th, 2019, and has compiled 383 tpe.

Jet Jaguar created in the week ending February 24th, 2019, and has compiled 432 tpe, surpassing Shane Mars, who had a full month (4 week) head start.

Stat-per-Minute Sim Production

Shane Mars has seen significantly more minutes of ice-time in the VHL this season, compared to Jaguar. There are a number of factors that may have led to this, but the vast difference in ice-time/opportunity SHOULD see Shane Mars significantly ahead of Jaguar in terms of offensive production, which is not the case.

Through 66 games this season:

Shane Mars - 1833 total minutes of ice-time with 312 minutes on the power play.

Jet Jaguar   - 1351 total minutes of ice-time with 226 minutes on the power play. 

This is a difference of 482 minutes of total ice time and 86 minutes of power play ice time.

- Despite this massive difference in opportunity, Mars has only managed to score 6 more goals, and 1 more assist, than Jet Jaguar.

- Despite 86 more minutes of power play usage, both Mars and Jaguar have scored the same number of power play points (20) this season.

- Shane Mars has produced at a respectable 0.94 points-per-20-minutes rate. Jet Jaguar has produced at a league-leading 1.17 points-per-20 rate. 

Team Success

The difference in team success between Seattle (Mars) and Moscow (Jaguar) is fairly significant.

Seattle came into S66 with high hopes, after picking up Shane Mars with the 3rd overall draft pick, and bringing in 500+ tpe players like Samuel Gate and Lando Baxter. 

Moscow, similarly, had optimism coming into S66, after having a strong draft where they selected Jet Jaguar with the 10th overall pick (and Dimitri Volosenkov with 5th overall) and bringing in 500+ tpe players like Jorgon Weyed and Paolo Nano.

However, the teams have had very different seasons.

The Seattle Bears have failed to live up to expectations, and will finish S66 in the basement of the VHL. Through 66 games, the Bears have managed 20 wins for 48 points, with a goal differential of -72. A resounding failure, partly due to the fact that the "franchise cornerstone" they selected 3rd overall pick at the draft, has failed to live up to expectations.

The Moscow Menace, who finished last season with a dreadful 9 wins, have had a surprisingly successful S66. The Menace have 25 wins for 57 points through 66 games, and a goal differential of -36, compared to last season's -177 goal differential. S66 has seen pretty much all Moscow franchise records shattered, and Jaguar along with his teammates, are looking to lead Moscow to their first playoff birth next season.

TL;DR

- spade18 is inactive scum. gorlab is an active sweetheart.

- Jaguar has 7 less points than Mars, despite 482 less minutes of ice-time.

- Please validate me by voting Jet Jaguar for S66 rookie of the year, I'll make you a sig.

• 4 weeks later...