Frans Eller Biography [2/2]

Ace

Frans Eller grew up in Copenhagen, Denmark. Copenhagen, Denmark’s capital, sits on the coastal islands of Zealand and Amager. It’s linked to Malmo in southern Sweden by the Öresund Bridge. Frans was the son of a Danish cobbler and a kindergarten teacher. His father, Erik Eller, owned and operated a store called Træsko, which is Danish for ”The Wooden Shoe”. On most days, Frans would get home from school and rush home to his father’s shop as the basement had a concrete floor in which he had a hockey net set up. He wouFrans Eller grew up in Copenhagen, Denmark. Copenhagen, Denmark’s capital, sits on the coastal islands of Zealand and Amager. It’s linked to Malmo in southern Sweden by the Öresund Bridge. Frans was the son of a Danish cobbler and a kindergarten teacher. His father, Erik Eller, owned and operated a store called Træsko, which is Danish for ”The Wooden Shoe”. On most days, Frans would get home from school and rush home to his father’s shop as the basement had a concrete floor in which he had a hockey net set up. He would spend hours until dinner handling the puck and shooting it at the net. He actually caused numerous damages in the basement that he had to pay back by working and cleaning his father’s shop. 

One day when Frans was 12, Frans came home and his father wasn’t there. The store was unlocked as it were a normal day, but his father was nowhere to be found. He called for help looking for his father, but there was no reply other than bystanders that heard the commotion from outside. Eventually the police were called and arrived, but they had no answer for Frans either. Frans looked up to his father as his hero, his role model. His father was born with nothing and was able to open his own business right in the soul of downtown Copenhagen. It was a true story of success, and now the man that he looked up to was gone. 
His mother, Lucie, was always the nurturing parent. When Erik wanted Frans to act like a man and to be protecting, Lucie was there to give him a hug and tell him ”it’s ok to not be ok”. This was a real emotional struggle for him. Days went by. Weeks passed. Pages were ripped off of the calendar. His father never returned. Frans’ constant innocent happiness turned to disdain, jealously and rage. With years gone and his mother’s watchful eye over him, his pain turned to acceptance. Lucie hired two cobblers to keep the business open, and Frans was able to continue praciting and playing hockey in the basement of The Wooden Shoe. 
One of the new employees, Abel, knew of Frans’ passion for the sport of hockey. He also knew that Frans had just outgrown his set of skates that his father purchased for him just before his disappearance. Hockey skates aren’t cheap, Abel put his mind to giving Frans a gift that he’d never forget. After one of his shifts, he began to design Frans a set of hockey skates. He went through several prototypes until he found the one that functionally worked, and looked great. He hid the skates in his desk in the store and prepared to give the skates to Frans as a gift. 
The next day, Frans and his mother Lucie arrived at the store to check on the cobblers. Abel excitedly called them both over. 

”Frans, I have a gift for you.”

”For me, what is it?” 

”Frans, be patient and remember to be appreciative of what you are given. Abel doesn’t owe you anything, he’s doing this out of his own good will.”

”Right, thank you Mr. Abel.” 

”You don’t even know what I have for you yet, Frans!”

Frans and Lucie huddled around Abel’s desk. He opened it up and presented the brand new skates to Frans. ”Frans, I know you and your father loved hockey and that he always kept your equipped. I can only imagine the pain you are enduring with his loss and I wanted to help out if I could at all.”
Tears welled up in Frans’ and Lucie’s eyes. Frans rushed over and gave Abel a huge hug, and then excitedly ran down the stairs with his skates. Lucie embraced Abel with a long hug as well. 

Time continued to tick by, and Lucie and Frans saw Abel more and more in their lives. One day when Frans came home his mother called him over. ”Frans, I have to talk to you.”

”What is it, mother?”

”I am going to marry Abel.”

”What? What about father?”

”Frans, Erik has been gone for four years. I love your father, and I love you very much. Abel has been so supportive of you and I, and I love Abel too. I know this is hard, but Abel is a good man and loves you and wants to support you as your chase your dreams.” 

Frans wanted to understand and be supportive. He wanted his mother to be happy, but this wasn’t fair. His father wasn’t dead, he was just missing. He’d come home one day. He threw the nearest item he could find against the wall and stormed out of the building. Abel stepped out of the doorway to let him by. 

”He’ll come out of it Abel, I promise.”

”I’m sorry, Lucie.” 

Frans did return, although it was months later. He had news – he had chased his dreams of playing hockey and befriended the coach of Rodovre and would be playing for them this season on their top line and he has already started to attract the attention of scouts from both the Simulation Hockey League and the Virtual Hockey League. He adopted the jersey #20, for his father who wore that number in soccer. Frans managed to collect an amazing stat line of 30 goals and 35 assists in 42 games played. He opened scouts and fans eyes alike to his raw skill set, and competed his way to a league MVP trophy in the youth league that he was playing in. 
Frans is still playing hockey and pursuing his dream, and still waiting to learn more about what happened to the father that he cherished so much. Some say the pain he felt when losing his dad is what still motivates him to compete and to win today. Let’ s see how well that adversity and drive translates to a VHL career. Time will tell. 

Edited by Ace

Frans Eller grew up in Copenhagen, Denmark. Copenhagen, Denmark’s capital, sits on the coastal islands of Zealand and Amager. It’s linked to Malmo in southern Sweden by the Öresund Bridge. Frans was the son of a Danish cobbler and a kindergarten teacher. His father, Erik Eller, owned and operated a store called Træsko, which is Danish for ”The Wooden Shoe”. On most days, Frans would get home from school and rush home to his father’s shop as the basement had a concrete floor in which he had a hockey net set up. He wouFrans Eller grew up in Copenhagen, Denmark. Copenhagen, Denmark’s capital, sits on the coastal islands of Zealand and Amager. It’s linked to Malmo in southern Sweden by the Öresund Bridge. Frans was the son of a Danish cobbler and a kindergarten teacher. His father, Erik Eller, owned and operated a store called Træsko, which is Danish for ”The Wooden Shoe”. On most days, Frans would get home from school and rush home to his father’s shop as the basement had a concrete floor in which he had a hockey net set up. He would spend hours until dinner handling the puck and shooting it at the net. He actually caused numerous damages in the basement that he had to pay back by working and cleaning his father’s shop.

One day when Frans was 12, Frans came home and his father wasn’t there. The store was unlocked as it were a normal day, but his father was nowhere to be found. He called for help looking for his father, but there was no reply other than bystanders that heard the commotion from outside. Eventually the police were called and arrived, but they had no answer for Frans either. Frans looked up to his father as his hero, his role model. His father was born with nothing and was able to open his own business right in the soul of downtown Copenhagen. It was a true story of success, and now the man that he looked up to was gone.
His mother, Lucie, was always the nurturing parent. When Erik wanted Frans to act like a man and to be protecting, Lucie was there to give him a hug and tell him ”it’s ok to not be ok”. This was a real emotional struggle for him. Days went by. Weeks passed. Pages were ripped off of the calendar. His father never returned. Frans’ constant innocent happiness turned to disdain, jealously and rage. With years gone and his mother’s watchful eye over him, his pain turned to acceptance. Lucie hired two cobblers to keep the business open, and Frans was able to continue praciting and playing hockey in the basement of The Wooden Shoe.
One of the new employees, Abel, knew of Frans’ passion for the sport of hockey. He also knew that Frans had just outgrown his set of skates that his father purchased for him just before his disappearance. Hockey skates aren’t cheap, Abel put his mind to giving Frans a gift that he’d never forget. After one of his shifts, he began to design Frans a set of hockey skates. He went through several prototypes until he found the one that functionally worked, and looked great. He hid the skates in his desk in the store and prepared to give the skates to Frans as a gift.
The next day, Frans and his mother Lucie arrived at the store to check on the cobblers. Abel excitedly called them both over.

”Frans, I have a gift for you.”

”For me, what is it?”

”Frans, be patient and remember to be appreciative of what you are given. Abel doesn’t owe you anything, he’s doing this out of his own good will.”

”Right, thank you Mr. Abel.”

”You don’t even know what I have for you yet, Frans!”

Frans and Lucie huddled around Abel’s desk. He opened it up and presented the brand new skates to Frans. ”Frans, I know you and your father loved hockey and that he always kept your equipped. I can only imagine the pain you are enduring with his loss and I wanted to help out if I could at all.”
Tears welled up in Frans’ and Lucie’s eyes. Frans rushed over and gave Abel a huge hug, and then excitedly ran down the stairs with his skates. Lucie embraced Abel with a long hug as well.

Time continued to tick by, and Lucie and Frans saw Abel more and more in their lives. One day when Frans came home his mother called him over. ”Frans, I have to talk to you.”

”What is it, mother?”

”I am going to marry Abel.”

”What? What about father?”

”Frans, Erik has been gone for four years. I love your father, and I love you very much. Abel has been so supportive of you and I, and I love Abel too. I know this is hard, but Abel is a good man and loves you and wants to support you as your chase your dreams.”

Frans wanted to understand and be supportive. He wanted his mother to be happy, but this wasn’t fair. His father wasn’t dead, he was just missing. He’d come home one day. He threw the nearest item he could find against the wall and stormed out of the building. Abel stepped out of the doorway to let him by.

”He’ll come out of it Abel, I promise.”

”I’m sorry, Lucie.”

Frans did return, although it was months later. He had news – he had chased his dreams of playing hockey and befriended the coach of Rodovre and would be playing for them this season on their top line and he has already started to attract the attention of scouts from both the Simulation Hockey League and the Virtual Hockey League. He adopted the jersey #20, for his father who wore that number in soccer. Frans managed to collect an amazing stat line of 30 goals and 35 assists in 42 games played. He opened scouts and fans eyes alike to his raw skill set, and competed his way to a league MVP trophy in the youth league that he was playing in.
Frans is still playing hockey and pursuing his dream, and still waiting to learn more about what happened to the father that he cherished so much. Some say the pain he felt when losing his dad is what still motivates him to compete and to win today. Let’ s see how well that adversity and drive translates to a VHL career. Time will tell.

To make it somewhat easier to read :) Weird that it added that scrollbar thing for you

Edited by Green

• 3 weeks later...

Review: Figure out that font and keep using it gives a typewriter feel especially in quotes felt really good as a guy who enjoys writing. Definetely needs some pictures ,and you should split it into sections next time for an easier read. Also had a good laugh that you chose VHL over SHL at least that’s how I read it. Some letters are separated from their words due to the font. Anyways great bio imo would read again 8.9/10 (would be 9.3 if it wasn’t for some of those problems.)

Review: Besides the formatting, The story itself is a very interesting read. The portion on the missing father and then another trying to take his place yet has the player's support is quite a conundrum. The formatting for the conversation of the skates was pretty unique, looks like it's straight out of a short story haha But pictures would be a great addition to this and glad to see that Frans' father's memory will live on even if his mother chooses to move on. Well done!