Do you want a VHLM All Star Game?

Acydburn

Do you want a VHLM All Star Game?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Commissioner

We used to do a top-prospects game and honestly I’m willing to bring that back in STHS but doing the whole shebang that the VHL does for the ASG isn’t worth it to do twice, it’s just too much work. Juniors already get the WJC every single season which VHL players don’t have so I’d say there are plenty of extra games without needing an ASG as well.

In my opinion:

With Sponsor shield out (who really cared about it anyway?) adding a "Top-prospects game" would be a really nice addition to VHL Off-season. Make it a 3 game tournament for an inside view about how top prospects perform in an environment where they are no longer 'top'. It would not only bring in some info for GM getting ready for the draft and it would make players more interested to see how well their guys perform in relatively stronger competition, considering that talent should be split into 2 teams (Like, you really don't need to include more teams and players, after all, it is a Top Prospects game).

I would follow it as it would make it interesting for VHLM GM's too, to know how their players perform on a little bit different level!

• Commissioner
7 minutes ago, FrostBeard said:

In my opinion:

With Sponsor shield out (who really cared about it anyway?) adding a "Top-prospects game" would be a really nice addition to VHL Off-season. Make it a 3 game tournament for an inside view about how top prospects perform in an environment where they are no longer 'top'. It would not only bring in some info for GM getting ready for the draft and it would make players more interested to see how well their guys perform in relatively stronger competition, considering that talent should be split into 2 teams (Like, you really don't need to include more teams and players, after all, it is a Top Prospects game).

I would follow it as it would make it interesting for VHLM GM's too, to know how their players perform on a little bit different level!

This sounds cool and a good alternative. 

Why don't we add an outstanding VHLM player to the sim that way it doesn't really add anything onto my plate and the vhlm still gets some show.

VHLM GM's all vote on the outstanding player in the VHLM and once they choose then ill boost there stats by 20 in each category so they don't get slaughtered come the ASG.

• Commissioner
22 minutes ago, FrostBeard said:

In my opinion:

If we bring back top prospects it should be 1 game, same as before, and only for people in the upcoming draft, not those already drafted or a season ahead; again same as before.

We didn’t eliminate the SST just to add a pile more simming right back in. I know 3 games isn’t a whole tournament but still. It’s more or less an all-star game, lets not make it into some big thing that it’s not. With the WC and the normal off-season stuff I’m going to be busy enough that adding even more simming (and also more days) just doesn’t make sense to me.

I get people want sims but people also want non-burnt out simmers and fast off-seasons so we only have so many options. I think a singular display of the top draftees is more than fine.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

If we bring back top prospects it should be 1 game, same as before, and only for people in the upcoming draft, not those already drafted or a season ahead; again same as before.

We didn’t eliminate the SST just to add a pile more simming right back in. I know 3 games isn’t a whole tournament but still. It’s more or less an all-star game, lets not make it into some big thing that it’s not. With the WC and the normal off-season stuff I’m going to be busy enough that adding even more simming (and also more days) just doesn’t make sense to me.

I get people want sims but people also want non-burnt out simmers and fast off-seasons so we only have so many options. I think a singular display of the top draftees is more than fine.

Completely agreeable, I was just throwing it out there with my idea of how it could look :)

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Instead we can do what I suggested above then the simmers dont have to put all the work into one game. VHLM GM's pick an outstanding player I boost there stats and then they play in the ASG as the "top prospect"

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Beaviss said:

Instead we can do what I suggested above then the simmers dont have to put all the work into one game. VHLM GM's pick an outstanding player I boost there stats and then they play in the ASG as the "top prospect"

1 game isn’t a big deal. We could even use V2 just to show off how ridiculous it can be and have a crazy scoring affair haha. I don’t mind the idea but I think the VHL ASG should be reserved for VHL players and the VHLM guys who did well honestly deserve to not be shafted while 1 of them gets a game.

• Commissioner

Just now, Beaviss said:

How would that work? They all vote on a single player to represent the VHLM or each team gets a player? If it's the latter that seems like a bit of a headache adding 11 more players. Then you're also lopsided. 

Just now, Acydburn said:

How would that work? They all vote on a single player to represent the VHLM or each team gets a player? If it's the latter that seems like a bit of a headache adding 11 more players. Then you're also lopsided. 

Pick one player out of the VHLM to represent them.

32 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I think a singular display of the top draftees is more than fine.

I'd be totally on board with this! Doesn't have to be an NHL sim, STHS is fine.

5 hours ago, Motzaburger said:

Give us Hawaii Volcanic VHLM before all-stars :D 

I'm still pushing for the Nuuk Nukes to be a thing.

7 hours ago, Beaviss said:

Why don't we add an outstanding VHLM player to the sim that way it doesn't really add anything onto my plate and the vhlm still gets some show.

VHLM GM's all vote on the outstanding player in the VHLM and once they choose then ill boost there stats by 20 in each category so they don't get slaughtered come the ASG.

we could do like 2 so one by team

• Commissioner
7 hours ago, Esso2264 said:

we could do like 2 so one by team

I’m legit offering an entire game... Let the VHL guys that earned their spots enjoy it, the top prospects can have their own thing. It just won’t be on NHL 19.

6 hours ago, Beketov said:

I’m legit offering an entire game... Let the VHL guys that earned their spots enjoy it, the top prospects can have their own thing. It just won’t be on NHL 19.

I think this works. The VHLM has made it clear they want a some sort of ASG 

7 hours ago, Beketov said:

Also gives the VHLM guys something to look forward to in the big leagues ?