First Season Impressions

VanCanWin

As this season comes to a close, here are a few reflections from my first season in the league.  

Upon my arrival to this site I was greeted with enthusiasm and lots of help from some very active members. This seemed to peak my interest rather quickly.  It didn’t take too long and I had signed a contract with Halifax 21st.

Halifax was the destination I chose not because of any reason other than they made an offer and I accepted.  Turns out it was a great choice after all! The team was super active, friendly yet competitive, and talented enough to make the playoffs. They had a spot for me as second line pivot that I quickly settled into.

I found this season length was perfect, the general community quite receptive and active, the simmers were a bit spotty regarding the consistency of actual games being played every day, but overall a enjoyable first season.

My player, Trevor Van Lagen, turned in a respectable rookie season operating at nearly a point per game pace. He gelled well with the team and found some chemistry with his teammates. He’s hoping to finish the year strong into the playoffs.

What does my future here look like? Well I hope to be drafted in the first 2 rounds this season. I have been maxing out my player in TPE and so I will have too much to stay down next season unless I forgo earning for a few weeks. Time will tell what I do.

253 Words.

• Commissioner
On 6/13/2019 at 8:19 PM, VanCanWin said:

simmers were a bit spotty regarding the consistency of actual games being played every day

FWIW unless you mean actual sims happening every day that’s not really something we can control. STHS makes the schedule and sets how many games are in a single day. We just sim 2 days per real day so there’s no way to control how many games each team gets.

• Commissioner
10 minutes ago, VanCanWin said:

@Beketov I was more referring to the fact that sims were missed many days (but then double simmed the next day). Minor issue really... more of an annoyance than anything 

Just wanted to be sure. It’ll happen on occasion. Lives get busy and sims are a manual process. Honestly they are a lot more consistent than they ever used to be but obviously we can’t expect new members to know that.