S66 Theme Week

Quik

Hey @Members

So, this is a little late (after already being a little late), but this week, ending June 23rd is VHL Theme Week! By now, if you've been here for a while, you know the drill. If you're new, theme week means Uncapped TPE for submissions based on the season's "Theme," in this case, the Playoffs are the S66 Theme. This means you can write a Media Spot about anything to do with the playoffs, make a graphic about a team (or teams) in the playoffs, or submit a Podcast talking about the playoffs. It can be predictions, observations, hype, whatever you want, as long as it is clearly related to the playoffs.

As this is only being announced on Tuesday, there will be an allowance for people who have already submitted this week, to submit their Themed Point Tasks this week, and claim them next week. These submissions must still be made by the end of the week, in order to qualify.

Hide contents
  • Complete a Regular Point Task (Media Spot / Graphic/Video / Podcast), on 'Theme', and receive an extra 6 Uncapped TPE 
  • Complete a VHL.com submission (Written / Graphic / Podcast), on 'Theme', and receive an extra 1 Uncapped TPE 
  • Complete both 'Theme' submissions, receive an additional 1 Uncapped TPE, for a total of 8 Uncapped TPE 

• Commissioner

As always as well, any job that replaces a PT for the user (simming, recruitment, etc) gets the bonus as well as their usual pay. So if it replaces the regular PT you get the bonus from that, if it replaces your full cap you get the full bonus.

• Quik featured this topic

For the stuff where we claim it next week, can we do the uncapped part this week already? Or will we get the uncapped part next week as well?  Just want to make sure with the playoffs starting.

Well this would have been nice to know before I wrote a 3,900 word article that wasn't at all about the playoffs. 

I like writing though, so we're good. 

It's a doubles week right?

29 minutes ago, Green said:

For the stuff where we claim it next week, can we do the uncapped part this week already? Or will we get the uncapped part next week as well?  Just want to make sure with the playoffs starting.

2 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Well this would have been nice to know before I wrote a 3,900 word article that wasn't at all about the playoffs. 

I like writing though, so we're good. 

It's a doubles week right?

Uncapped can be claimed this week, the actual submission can be claimed next week.

Gustav- you can push your MS by one week starting next week (i.e. claim theme week next week, then resume claiming the MS)

@Quik

So I wrote my regular 500 - 600 word Media Spot earlier this week and claimed it.

Now you are saying I can write a Media Spot about the playoffs that is 500 - 600 words.

I can claim a doubles week 6 TPE for the week ending 6/23/19 and next week use the article for my main media 6 TPE??

I am pretty sure my Media Spot was about the Playoffs anyways this week just by sheer coincidence...

So I probably don't need to write another one just claim the doubles week??

Edited by PenKnight

2 minutes ago, PenKnight said:

@Quik

So I wrote my regular 500 - 600 word Media Spot earlier this week and claimed it.

Now you are saying I can write a Media Spot about the playoffs that is 500 - 600 words.

I can claim a doubles week 6 TPE for the week ending 6/23/19 and next week use the article for my main media 6 TPE??

Correct. As long as you submit a themed article this week, you can claim the uncapped, and then use the actual article as your capped PT next week.

Same goes for VHL.com submissions. If you've already done one, you can submit a second one to claim the uncapped, and claim the capped portion as work done for next week.

1 minute ago, Quik said:

Correct. As long as you submit a themed article this week, you can claim the uncapped, and then use the actual article as your capped PT next week.

Same goes for VHL.com submissions. If you've already done one, you can submit a second one to claim the uncapped, and claim the capped portion as work done for next week.

Yeah... looking back at my VHL Article and Media Spot they are both about the playoffs. 

One is already titled Playoff Push so I don't think I need to write another one.

Just claim the double TPE which would be 6 and 2 if I am understanding this?

So just claim it under Other and list Theme Week as the Reason?

1 minute ago, PenKnight said:

Yeah... looking back at my VHL Article and Media Spot they are both about the playoffs. 

One is already titled Playoff Push so I don't think I need to write another one.

Just claim the double TPE which would be 6 and 2 if I am understanding this?

So just claim it under Other and list Theme Week as the Reason?

If both articles are on theme, then yeah, you're fine. Total Uncapped is 8 (6 for the MS, 1 for the VHL.com, 1 for doing both).

And yeah, claim exactly that way

10 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

so great now I have to write even more this week. thanks obama.

so I write something this week and claim for next week using both a MS and VHL.com article? 

ITT: People asking the same question over and over ?‍♂️

Yeah, you can submit both this week, and then claim the capped TPE next week if you submitted something before this announcement went up. Anyone who submitted a non-theme PT/VHL.com after do not get that grace, as they were tagged.

4 minutes ago, Matt_O said:

When I submit a theme article, do I submit it as 3 TPE, or do I submit as 2 TPE, and then submit it again but for only 1 tpe under the other category? @Quik

Submit the Uncapped as other. Doing it all at once will lead to issues if you're claiming other capped TPE later

44 minutes ago, Quik said:

ITT: People asking the same question over and over ?‍♂️

Yeah, you can submit both this week, and then claim the capped TPE next week if you submitted something before this announcement went up. Anyone who submitted a non-theme PT/VHL.com after do not get that grace, as they were tagged.

maybe don't post it late and get it up by the start of the week

:Turgeon:

47 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

maybe don't post it late and get it up by the start of the week

:Turgeon:

As a bonus, it was supposed to be up last week :P 

@Quik

Does the graphic have to be specifically about teams?

Can I make it a regular player graphic, but featuring a player in the playoffs, and add a logo and make it coloured to the team he plays for?

Or does it have to be a graphic featuring 2 teams facing off?

2 hours ago, Enorama said:

As a bonus, it was supposed to be up last week :P 

Nope, playoffs started today. It’s just usually after the deadline :P 

35 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

@Quik

Does the graphic have to be specifically about teams?

Can I make it a regular player graphic, but featuring a player in the playoffs, and add a logo and make it coloured to the team he plays for?

Or does it have to be a graphic featuring 2 teams facing off?

A player is fine, but it should be related to playoffs somehow, even if just by some text in the background.