Davos Sweeps Riga

DMaximus

Shortly after the time expired in game 4 of the EU Semi-Finals series, Davos fans flooded out of Vaillant Arena onto Talstrasse chanting and singing in celebration of Davos HC’s sweep of Riga Reign. Fans lucky enough to score a ticket to the game were treated to Davos’ best performance this season, a 2-0 win that could have been more lopsided if it weren’t for a fine 43 save performance by Riga goalie Kallis Kriketers.

Davos’ leading scorer Rylan Peace led the team with 6 points in the playoff series. Katie Warren showed she is a clutch player getting 4 points and Pat Svoboda made GM Shawn Glade proud by scoring 4 points while on the top line. Goalie Finn Davidson was the top performer for Davos, notching an astounding .960 save percentage, 0.94 goals against average, 1 shutout, and 4 straight wins. Teammate Charlie Paddywagon had nothing but praise for Davidson in his postgame interview. “Aw, Finny was amazing this whole series, especially tonight. I love the guy, it’s great to see all his hard work paying off. What an amazing series.”

Many wondered if Davos had a chance in this series, they only had 1 win in 8 games against Riga in the regular season. Dynamo fan Jens Schnelmaker never lost faith “The team has looked really good for most of the season. They just struggled to win games. I knew they had greatness in them and that came out this series. I’m so proud of the boys. On to Helstinki!”

Edited by DMaximus