What a shame

So I figured it out that I haven't written anything about playoffs yet. I'm using this time before I'll go complete drunktard to inform you that everybody all knows: my team Riga Reign was swept the fuck out by Davos. What a shame.

What happened?

It's hard to explain what happened. We were a solid team in the regular season despite having a whopping 9 forwards. And yes, it's harder to be good when your star players aren't getting max amount of chances. But is this the only reason? Probably not. And not every player was bad in playoffs. My fav punching bag Kallis was actually a good one in three out of four games. He def choked game 2, but it could've been worse. Edwin and Cast tried too. Yet, it was mainly the offense that couldn't get past the Davos defence and Davison. What a shame.

Why it happened?

I don't know why I did create another section cause I already was trying to explain something in the previous one. There are a couple of reasons probably:

1. didn't peak at the right time. I remember that our team was being almost dominant by the end of the reg season and the win it all. It definitely happened in S58 when we could take the Victory Cup at the end and then keeping this form in playoffs. The S63 was also an example. This season? We had a nice win streak somewhere before the mid-season. And ofter that, it was all about the inconsistency. So this could be the case of peaking too early;

2. Too much youngins. No diss here. But probably half of our roster consisted of rookies that were somewhere at 300-400 TPE range. Obviously, it was hard for them to hold off the league's superstars. It especially showed in our series against Davos. I see them being capable of trouncing MVP's in the future. But it wasn't meant to be this season. Well, they still have 6-7 seasons left to prove.

3. I can't do lines. Maybe this too. I don't know if this is a truth. But perhaps I never figured it out how to make an ideal 9 forward lineup to prevent this sweep happen. But is it even possible to win with unique three lines these days? Maybe. Quik tried in S64 and fared better, but even he couldn't avoid the sweep. Only that time it happened in the finals.

My reaction.

Some people probably were expecting me going ape shit like in S64-65 playoffs. Yet nothing of that happened. That's somewhat a shame, but I only felt a slight disappointment after the game 4. I even cracked up when I saw the shot totals cause it was hilarious. The whole ''good, but not good enough'' season was summed up in that game. Maybe because I didn't care that much, like in last two seasons. Or maybe because this wasn't even the only sweep loss that happened in my GM career.

So obviously, being swept isn't the best experience that could happen to a GM or a player. We also could mention that we lost to a ''meme Davos team'', but it doesn't really matter. Sweep is a sweep, no matter of a status of an opponent. I only can hope this will never happen again (we also need to secure the playoff spot place in the first place in S67. I could see EU conf being a bloodbath and a half). Anyways,

what a shame.

bonus 6 TPE goes to Kallis.