Hounds Fall Out in Round One of Playoffs

Berocka

Hounds Fall Out in Round One of Playoffs

By Steven Brockman

The Mississauga Hounds have dropped out of the playoff race. Unfortunately they didn't make it past the first round against the Ottawa Lynx.

In the regular season the Ottawa Lynx had a record against the Hounds of 4-3. This close series record in the regular season let many people think it was going to be a very close series maybe even going all 7 games.

Green wrote in a recent article "I believe this could go either way" and the VSN article predicted that Mississauga would win in 7 games.

Most people's prediction of the Hounds doing well was due to their late season surge of victories. Whilst the Lynx had struggled in the last part of the season.

So we know about the preamble to the playoffs but what actually happened? Well the Ottawa Lynx took the first two games at home quite easily. Then both teams took the short trip over to Mississauga. In front of a packed house for the first ever playoff game the Lynx silenced the home crowd. This had the Lynx with a 3-0 series lead heading into the second game at Mississauga. Luckily for the home fans the hounds won their first ever playoff game. The home fans left the stadium singing the Baha men classic "who let the dogs out."

A little bit of controversy happened in Mississauga during game three, where the sound crew at the stadium changed the goal siren to be a dog howl. In an after game survey it was found that 68.8% of fans blamed the first loss at home on the siren change. This caused the sound crew to change it back to the original siren. This change then resulted in the Hounds winning the first playoff game ever.

After the game four win at home the Hounds went out strong in game 5 with star forward Cody Smith scoring a 1st period Hat trick. Unfortunately the hounds let the Lynx catch back up and eventually lost it in overtime.

This brought Mississauga's inaugural season to an early end, when the GM Jerry Garcia was asked about the first season all he had to say was "Dude, like, it's totally cool, man." So it appears that he seems happy with the way the Hounds played so I think that the management staff are happy for their season.

We now sit down with the rookie Berocka Sundqvist the young Australian who made a splash in the VHLM.

SB: Hi Berocka, thank you for sitting down with us. Firstly I would like to ask how do you think your team did this season?

BS: Hi Steven, pleasure to be here like always. I think we did great as a team we were definitely one of the youngest teams in terms of players.

SB: Interesting, now how do you think you performed personally?

BS: I came into this season not sure how it would go my plan was to just play my best on the ice and try and help out the team the best I could. I think I met my expectations and I hope I impressed management.

SB: So you came into this season as a free agent. This means that this could potentially be your final season as a Hound, how does that make you feel?

BS: Yeah it's really unfortunate, I want to give Jerry Garcia a big thank you for giving me the chance to play and I hope that he doesn't regret the decision to sign me.

SB: So this means that you will be in the upcoming VHLM draft, where do you think you will be drafted?

BS: I don't really know where I will be drafted I hope it's in the first round but I don't really have my hopes up. I'm just happy to be out there playing hockey and to make sure that I continue improving so I can continue my career into the VHL.

SB: Well we will keep our eye out in the draft to see where you end up. Best of luck Berocka and thank you for sitting down with me.

BS: Thank you.

Well that ends the season 66 coverage of the Mississauga Hounds and Berocka Sundqvist. Male sure you come back next season to see what happens with our star Australian.

[727 words]