Top S66 Playoff Performers so Far

Top S66 Playoff Performers so Far

Points Per 20 Minutes - Julian Borwinn

Because the playoffs are an uneven sample size with some teams getting bye weeks and some series lasting longer than other, points per 20 minutes is the best stat to look at to truly compare players across series. So far, Borwinn leads the VHL with 1.4 points per 20 minutes played, which for those of you bad at math means he is averaging a ridiculous 4.2 points per game. @Jubo07 is a major reason why Helsinki has only lost 1 game in two series so far, as has has maxed out or is close to maxing out pretty much all of the primarily important attributes. Hats off to him so far.

Face Off Percentage - Podrick Cast

Cast has a 69% faceoff percentage, so of course I had to find a way to mention that somehow. That is by far the best of the playoffs, with the next best coming in at 61%. I feel like the importance of winning faceoffs can be overstated though, as my favorite Flyers beat writer Charlie O Connor says, a faceoff is essentially just like winning another puck battle in the corner or neutral zone, so it's just one extra play really. @Victor's domination of the faceoff circle did not help his team, as Riga was swept by Helsinki. 

Penalty Minutes , Hits, and Shots Blocked - Vancouver

I am just lumping Vancouver together because they lead in both of these categories. It generally is not a good sign to lead these areas, as that means your team is not possessing the puck very often. Vancouver has faced some lopsided shooting differentials against Calgary the past few games, and these stats reflect that. It is kind of lucky that we have made it as far as we have actually. Let's hope that Will's update can carry us. 

Empty Net Goals - Veran Dragomir and John Madden

Somehow only two empty net goals have been scored in the entire playoffs so far, which I suppose means that teams aren't pulling their goalies very early. I wonder what the #analytics says to do in regards to what time you should pull your goaltender, as I know in real life it is much sooner than most coaches actually do it. I would do a regression study on that but that is a super specific thing that requires a lot of work so someone else should do it. 

Hits Received - Beau Louth

It is well known that @Beaviss has the wimpiest player in the league, so it makes sense that he would lead the league in hits taken. He probably also leads the VHL in number of hits taken smoking the devil's lettuce

Total Fights - Rauno Palo

@jRuutu Has taken the goon mantle away from Louth, which isn't ideal as it just got transferred from one star player to another. Why can't some scrub player like Gritty be the goon instead? Palo has 3 fights in the playoffs and no one else has more than one so far. Also a random question, there have been a total of 10 fights so far in the playoffs, but only 3 fights won, so what happened in the other seven fights?

Save Percentage - Kallis Kriketers

Hard to spell last name actually played quite well against Helsinki, but his team still got swept despite him standing on his head so that sucks for him. I would also like to point out that my man @Will is tied for second with a 0.927 save percentage, so thank you for updating buddy!

Edited by Positivefan036

2 hours ago, Positivefan036 said:

there have been a total of 10 fights so far in the playoffs, but only 3 fights won, so what happened in the other seven fights?

Ties

• Commissioner
4 hours ago, Positivefan036 said:

Hard to spell last name actually played quite well against Helsinki

You mean Davos?