Season 67 Mock Draft Series | Part 3 | Round 2

Season 67 Mock Draft Series | 2nd Round 

Part 3

@VSN

image.png.c241a4827c9c74e7e22fa1dea6193546.png 

In case you missed it here is the complete first round mock draft published last week on VSN:

1.01 - Phil Marleau - C

1.02 - Bjorn Scoringsson - W 

1.03 - Hulk Hogan- D

1.04 - Aston Martin - C 

1.05 - Rayz Funk - G

1.06 - ACL TEAR - W

1.07 - Lincoln Tate - D

1.08 - Boone Jenton - D

1.09 - Michael Gary Scott - C

1.10 - Acyd Burn - W

2.01  – Seattle Bears - W|23 – L|40 – OTL|9 :sea:

Previous Picks: Marleau (1), Funk (5), Jenton (8)

The Pick: Boris the Forest - Center - Mexico City Kings @chillzone

Analysis: As I highlighted in my first round mock draft, the Seattle Bears own this draft after shedding off veteran talents to stock up on draft picks in their rebuild. This is a pivotal draft for the future of the Bears. In the first round mock, they addressed all three positions with Marleau, Funk and Jenton. With the first pick in the second round, they add a very talented center in Boris the Forest. Boris is easily a first round talent, but he slightly slips into the early second round here. In the regular season for Mexico he put up an impressive 33 goals and 33 assists, fourth best in points on the team. Seattle walks away from this draft with two premier centers; a rugged two-way leader in Marleau and a dynamic offensive scorer in Boris the Forest. A huge haul for Seattle. 

2.02  – Malmo Nighthawks - W|28 – L|41 – OTL|3 :mal:

Previous Picks: Scoringsson (2) 

The Pick: Wrike Chyrnoble - Goalie - Mexico City Kings @Savoire Faire

Analysis : Back-to-back Kings get selected here as goaltender Wrike Chyrnoble comes off the board. Chrynoble was a rock for the Kings in the regular season finishing with a 41-25 record and a 2.24 GAA. Malmo here is in a position where they have a starting goaltender in Johnny Carison, but he may have reached his ceiling in the VHL and is beginning to get up there in age. This is an opportunity for Malmo to grab the number two goalie available in this draft behind Funk, give him a year or two to develop and have a young franchise goaltender. Wrike has a solid frame at 6'4 and 220 pounds and is widely regarded as a very athletic goalkeeper. The former 9th overall pick in the VHLM finds himself a home in Malmo. 

2.03  – Moscow Menace - W|26 – L|38 – OTL|8 :mos:

Previous Picks: Hogan (3) 

The Pick: Derek England - Defense - Mexico City Kings @PenKnight

Analysis: Make that three straight Kings draft picks here at the top of the second round as Derek England hears his name called by Moscow. England has been one of the more under the radar prospects in this draft class and is at the top of the second tier of defenseman behind Hogan, Tate and Jenton. Statistically, England had a very solid year with 59 points in 72 games for the Kings, which was also Top-10 amongst all VHLM defenseman. Moscow has a handful of promising young stars on offense with the likes of Jaguar and Volshenko and they add to pillars on the back end here with Hogan in the first and England in the second. England is described as a solid two-way defenseman who can move the puck very well, but also is very responsible defensively. The defense is set for the future in Moscow. 

2.04  – Riga Reign (via TOR) - W|42 – L|23 – OTL|7 :rig:

Previous Picks: Scott (9) 

The Pick: Dan Gles - Center - Mississauga Hounds @No_Dangles

Analysis: Riga has one of the most talented rosters in the VHL headlined by  Podrick Cast, Edwin Preencarnacion, Ryan Kastelic and Kallis Kirketers in net. At this point in the draft, Riga will look to take the best player available and that is Dan Gles of the Hounds. Gles has been rising up draft boards over the past week, according to VHL scouts and also put together a very impressive season for the Hounds. His 96 points were good for Top-6 in the VHLM and was second in scoring on his team behind only Callum MacElroy. He plays all areas of the ice well and was never really known for his goal scoring until he came to the VHLM. Despite adding Michael Gary Scott, who projects now as a center in the VHL, Riga is happy to select Gles to develop a young core down the middle. 

2.05  – Riga Reign (via NY) - W|42 – L|23 – OTL|7 :rig:

Previous Picks: Scott (9), Gles (14)

The Pick: Greg Eagles - Goalie - San Diego Marlins @Greg_Di

Analysis: This is a tough pick for Riga on the projeced back-to-back here in the second round. It goes without saying that they have an elite goaltender in Kallis Kirketers who is a life blood of their backend. However, drafts are about building out that prospect pool for the future and not always necessarily focusing on immediate needs. Riga looks at their draft board here and sees a young promising goalie in Greg Eagles and cannot pass up the opportunity. Eagles is right there with Chyrnoble as the second best goalie in this draft and I would not be surpised to see him go before him. Eagles had 39 wins and a 2.61 GAA for a good Marlins team in S66. While he lacks the size that Chyrnoble has (6'1 180lbs), he makes up for it with his positioning. He always manages to find himself in the shooting lanes and square to the puck. Riga brings in a potential star goalie of the future here with the 15th overall pick. 

2.06  – Vancouver Wolves – W|39 – L|29 – OTL|4 :que: 

Previous Picks: TEAR (6)

The Pick: Michael Johnson - Goalie - Halifax 21st  @fonziGG

Analysis: The run on goalies continues here in the second with the third goalie being selected in the first six picks of the round. Vancouver takes a long, hard look at a few other players here, but with Funk, Chyrnoble and Eagles off the board they take Johnson from Halifax. The Wolves roster three goalies including the talented veteran in Roger Sterling. They also used the 14th overall selection in S65 goaltender Joe Nixon, who hasn't fully developed as they initially hoped for. With Sterling having a couple seasons left before retirement, the Wolves snag Johnson and hope he can be the guy that Nixon was supposed to be. Johnson stands at 6'3 and 210 pounds and split time in the cage with fellow S67 draft prospect Thorvald Gunnarsson. Gunnarsson statistically edged out Johnson in terms of save percentage and GAA, but Johnson had three shutouts to Gunnarsson's zero. Scouts seemingly are pretty high on both prospects, but give the edge to Johnson as they see him with slightly higher upside at this point. 

2.07  – Seattle Bears (via DAV) - W|23 – L|40 – OTL|9 :sea:

Previous Picks: Marleau (1), Funk (5), Jenton (8), Forest (11)

The Pick: Henrik Zoiderberg - Left Wing - Mexico City Kings @HenrikZoiderberg

Analysis: Seattle continues plucking talent in this draft class, this time with one of my favorite prospects in Henrik Zoiderberg. The Swedish winger burst onto the scene early in the season and ultimately put up a respectable 27-28-55 stat line for the talented Kings. In my May 20th article, I highlighted Zoiderberg as a potential sleeper in this draft class.  Zoiderberg is a very smooth, playmaking winger who can also be relied on defensively. He has really been developing his goal scoring ability as the season went on and his 27 goals reflects that work.  When I reached out to a few VHL scouts, they raved about him as a player and person off the ice. He is seemingly loved in the Kings locker room. Sticking Zoiderberg on a line in Seattle with former teammate Boris the Forest can be something special to watch in Seattle. 

2.08  – Seattle Bears (via CAL) - W|23 – L|40 – OTL|9 :sea:

Previous Picks: Marleau (1), Funk (5), Jenton (8), Forest (11), Zoiderberg (17)

The Pick: Guy LeGrande - Defense - Halifax 21st @Steve

Analysis: Shockingly, Seattle is back on the clock here with the eighth pick in round two. To summarize the draft so far for Seattle, they have picked two centers, one goalie, one defenseman and one winger; addressing needs all over the ice. With this pick, they go back to the back end and pick up Guy LeGrande from Halifax. LeGrande was a mid-season pickup for Halifax, playing in only 49 games, but had an immediate impact. He produced 7 goals and 35 assists which is just off a point per game pace. LeGrande is an offensive-minded forward with great puck skills and a rocket of a shot from the blue line. When I sat down with the 21st head coach, he could not stop talking about the work ethic and character of this kid. Definitely a prospect to keep an eye on in this draft. 

2.09  – HC Davos (via RIG) - W|37 – L|27 – OTL|8 :dav:

Previous Picks: Martin (4), Tate (7)

The Pick: Trevor Van Lagen - Center - Halifax 21st @VanCanWin

Analysis: With their third pick of this draft, Davos selects another riser in Trevor Van Lagen. The former 84th overall pick of the Season 66 VHLM Dispersal Draft proved to be an incredible steal for Halifax at that slot as he eclipsed a point per game pace in his first VHLM season (28-46-74). Van Lagen is a big, strong offensive-minded center standing at an impressive 6'5 and 215 pounds. He possesses some of the best natural goal scoring abilities in this draft class amongst centers and once he tightens up his skating, he could be an absolute force in the VHL. Davos here cleans up with two potential elite centers in Aston Martin and Trevor Van Lagen. 

2.10  – Seattle Bears (via HEL) - W|23 – L|40 – OTL|9 :sea:

Previous Picks: Marleau (1), Funk (5), Jenton (8), Forest (11), Zoiderberg (17), LeGrande (18)

The Pick: Scott Greene - Center - Mississauga Hounds @DoktorFunk

Analysis: It's only fitting that we round out this second round mock draft with the Seattle Bears who will have selected seven players in the first two rounds after this pick. Seattle looks at their board and goes with the best available player here in Scott Greene of the Hounds; their third true center selected in this draft. Like Van Lagen, Greene proved to be a very good steal for the Hounds as he was selected 66th overall in the VHLM Dispersal Draft. In the regular season, he produced 27 goals and 20 assists in his 72 games played. He also added two points in the Hounds 5 playoff games. The slightly undersized centerman possesses great scoring and skating abilities that will translate to the VHL very well. He also prides himself on his faceoff ability, which is likely at the top of this class. Overall, Greene is a rock solid prospect and has been consistently developing throughout the season. He joins the immense Seattle Bears draft class at the end of the second. 

Edited by Sullvino

2 minutes ago, Sullvino said:

Analysis: As I highlighted in my first round mock draft, the Seattle Bears own this draft after shedding off veteran talents to stock up on draft picks in their rebuild. This is a pivotal draft for the future of the Bears. In the first round mock, they addressed all three positions with Marleau, Funk and Jenton. With the first pick in the second round, they add a very talented center in Boris the Forest. Boris is easily a first round talent, but he slightly slips into the early second round here. In the regular season for Mexico he put up an impressive 33 goals and 33 assists, fourth best in points on the team. Seattle walks away from this draft with two premier centers; a rugged two-way leader in Marleau and a dynamic offensive scorer in Boris the Forest. A huge haul for Seattle.  

Analysis : Back-to-back Kings get selected here as goaltender Wrike Chyrnoble comes off the board. Chrynoble was a rock for the Kings in the regular season finishing with a 41-25 record and a 2.24 GAA. Malmo here is in a position where they have a starting goaltender in Johnny Carison, but he may have reached his ceiling in the VHL and is beginning to get up there in age. This is an opportunity for Malmo to grab the number two goalie available in this draft behind Funk, give him a year or two to develop and have a young franchise goaltender. Wrike has a solid frame at 6'4 and 220 pounds and is widely regarded as a very athletic goalkeeper. The former 9th overall pick in the VHLM finds himself a home in Malmo. 

Analysis: Make that three straight Kings draft picks here at the top of the second round as Derek England hears his name called by Moscow. England has been one of the more under the radar prospects in this draft class and is at the top of the second tier of defenseman behind Hogan, Tate and Jenton. Statistically, England had a very solid year with 59 points in 72 games for the Kings, which was also Top-10 amongst all VHLM defenseman. Moscow has a handful of promising young stars on offense with the likes of Jaguar and Volshenko and they add to pillars on the back end here with Hogan in the first and England in the second. England is described as a solid two-way defenseman who can move the puck very well, but also is very responsible defensively. The defense is set for the future in Moscow.  

2 minutes ago, Sullvino said:

Analysis: Seattle continues plucking talent in this draft class, this time with one of my favorite prospects in Henrik Zoiderberg. The Swedish winger burst onto the scene early in the season and ultimately put up a respectable 27-28-55 stat line for the talented Kings. In my May 20th article, I highlighted Zoiderberg as a potential sleeper in this draft class.  Zoiderberg is a very smooth, playmaking winger who can also be relied on defensively. He has really been developing his goal scoring ability as the season went on and his 27 goals reflects that work.  When I reached out to a few VHL scouts, they raved about him as a player and person off the ice. He is seemingly loved in the Kings locker room. Sticking Zoiderberg on a line in Seattle with former teammate Boris the Forest can be something special to watch in Seattle.  

Mexico representing!!!

10 minutes ago, chillzone said:

lets just promote Mexico City Kings into a VHL team 

expand VHL. New team = the Sinaloa Cartel, VHLM farm team = Mexico City

piratesheep.png

the Sinaloa cartel flag as our logo is sick tbh..and 100% original ;) lol

Edited by Motzaburger

The Pick: Wrike Chyrnoble - Goalie - Mexico City Kings @Savoire Faire

Analysis : Back-to-back Kings get selected here as goaltender Wrike Chyrnoble comes off the board. Chrynoble was a rock for the Kings in the regular season finishing with a 41-25 record and a 2.24 GAA. Malmo here is in a position where they have a starting goaltender in Johnny Carison, but he may have reached his ceiling in the VHL and is beginning to get up there in age. This is an opportunity for Malmo to grab the number two goalie available in this draft behind Funk, give him a year or two to develop and have a young franchise goaltender. Wrike has a solid frame at 6'4 and 220 pounds and is widely regarded as a very athletic goalkeeper. The former 9th overall pick in the VHLM finds himself a home in Malmo. 

No shade intended and Wrike is a fantastic goalie but @Greg_Di has passed him by 11 TPE. I've noticed theres a little bit of Mexico bias in your VHL articles but thats just my opinion and again theres no shade. Great work none the less

charlie day ok GIF

3 minutes ago, fonziGG said:

No shade intended and Wrike is a fantastic goalie but @Greg_Di has passed him by 11 TPE. I've noticed theres a little bit of Mexico bias in your VHL articles but thats just my opinion and again theres no shade. Great work none the less

charlie day ok GIF

Yeah definitely the goalies can go a in any order really behind Funk. I will say - I didnt want to just regurgitate the TPE-rankings as this mock draft, that's no fun eh? 

Just now, Sullvino said:

Yeah definitely the goalies can go a in any order really behind Funk. I will say - I didnt want to just regurgitate the TPE-rankings as this mock draft, that's no fun eh? 

Fair enough, I'm just trying to give greg recognition where it's due thats all.

10 hours ago, Sullvino said:

Season 67 Mock Draft Series | 2nd Round 

Part 3

@VSN

image.png.c241a4827c9c74e7e22fa1dea6193546.png 

In case you missed it here is the complete first round mock draft published last week on VSN:

1.01 - Phil Marleau - C

1.02 - Bjorn Scoringsson - W 

1.03 - Hulk Hogan- D

1.04 - Aston Martin - C 

1.05 - Rayz Funk - G

1.06 - ACL TEAR - W

1.07 - Lincoln Tate - D

1.08 - Boone Jenton - D

1.09 - Michael Gary Scott - C

1.10 - Acyd Burn - W

2.01  – Seattle Bears (via CAL) - W|23 – L|40 – OTL|9 :sea:

2.04  – Riga Reign (via TOR) - W|42 – L|23 – OTL|7 :rig:

Previous Picks: Scott (9) 

The Pick: Dan Gles - Center - Mississauga Hounds @No_Dangles

Analysis: Riga has one of the most talented rosters in the VHL headlined by  Podrick Cast, Edwin Preencarnacion, Ryan Kastelic and Kallis Kirketers in net. At this point in the draft, Riga will look to take the best player available and that is Dan Gles of the Hounds. Gles has been rising up draft boards over the past week, according to VHL scouts and also put together a very impressive season for the Hounds. His 96 points were good for Top-6 in the VHLM and was second in scoring on his team behind only Callum MacElroy. He plays all areas of the ice well and was never really known for his goal scoring until he came to the VHLM. Despite adding Michael Gary Scott, who projects now as a center in the VHL, Riga is happy to select Gles to develop a young core down the middle. 

2.05  – Riga Reign (via NY) - W|42 – L|23 – OTL|7 :rig:

Previous Picks: Scott (9), Gles (14)

The Pick: Greg Eagles - Goalie - San Diego Marlins @Greg_Di

Analysis: This is a tough pick for Riga on the projeced back-to-back here in the second round. It goes without saying that they have an elite goaltender in Kallis Kirketers who is a life blood of their backend. However, drafts are about building out that prospect pool for the future and not always necessarily focusing on immediate needs. Riga looks at their draft board here and sees a young promising goalie in Greg Eagles and cannot pass up the opportunity. Eagles is right there with Chyrnoble as the second best goalie in this draft and I would not be surpised to see him go before him. Eagles had 39 wins and a 2.61 GAA for a good Marlins team in S66. While he lacks the size that Chyrnoble has (6'1 180lbs), he makes up for it with his positioning. He always manages to find himself in the shooting lanes and square to the puck. Riga brings in a potential star goalie of the future here with the 15th overall pick. 

2.06  – Vancouver Wolves – W|39 – L|29 – OTL|4 :que: 

Previous Picks: TEAR (6)

The Pick: Michael Johnson - Goalie - Halifax 21st  @fonziGG

Analysis: The run on goalies continues here in the second with the third goalie being selected in the first six picks of the round. Vancouver takes a long, hard look at a few other players here, but with Funk, Chyrnoble and Eagles off the board they take Johnson from Halifax. The Wolves roster three goalies including the talented veteran in Roger Sterling. They also used the 14th overall selection in S65 goaltender Joe Nixon, who hasn't fully developed as they initially hoped for. With Sterling having a couple seasons left before retirement, the Wolves snag Johnson and hope he can be the guy that Nixon was supposed to be. Johnson stands at 6'3 and 210 pounds and split time in the cage with fellow S67 draft prospect Thorvald Gunnarsson. Gunnarsson statistically edged out Johnson in terms of save percentage and GAA, but Johnson had three shutouts to Gunnarsson's zero. Scouts seemingly are pretty high on both prospects, but give the edge to Johnson as they see him with slightly higher upside at this point. 

2.08  – Seattle Bears (via CAL) - W|23 – L|40 – OTL|9 :sea:

Previous Picks: Marleau (1), Funk (5), Jenton (8), Forest (11), Zoiderberg (17)

The Pick: Guy LeGrande - Defense - Halifax 21st @Steve

Analysis: Shockingly, Seattle is back on the clock here with the eighth pick in round two. To summarize the draft so far for Seattle, they have picked two centers, one goalie, one defenseman and one winger; addressing needs all over the ice. With this pick, they go back to the back end and pick up Guy LeGrande from Halifax. LeGrande was a mid-season pickup for Halifax, playing in only 49 games, but had an immediate impact. He produced 7 goals and 35 assists which is just off a point per game pace. LeGrande is an offensive-minded forward with great puck skills and a rocket of a shot from the blue line. When I sat down with the 21st head coach, he could not stop talking about the work ethic and character of this kid. Definitely a prospect to keep an eye on in this draft. 

2.09  – HC Davos (via RIG) - W|37 – L|27 – OTL|8 :dav:

Previous Picks: Martin (4), Tate (7)

The Pick: Trevor Van Lagen - Center - Halifax 21st @VanCanWin

Analysis: With their third pick of this draft, Davos selects another riser in Trevor Van Lagen. The former 84th overall pick of the Season 66 VHLM Dispersal Draft proved to be an incredible steal for Halifax at that slot as he eclipsed a point per game pace in his first VHLM season (28-46-74). Van Lagen is a big, strong offensive-minded center standing at an impressive 6'5 and 215 pounds. He possesses some of the best natural goal scoring abilities in this draft class amongst centers and once he tightens up his skating, he could be an absolute force in the VHL. Davos here cleans up with two potential elite centers in Aston Martin and Trevor Van Lagen. 

Previous Picks: Marleau (1), Funk (5), Jenton (8), Forest (11), Zoiderberg (17), LeGrande (18)

Analysis: It's only fitting that we round out this second round mock draft with the Seattle Bears who will have selected seven players in the first two rounds after this pick. Seattle looks at their board and goes with the best available player here in Scott Greene of the Hounds; their third true center selected in this draft. Like Van Lagen, Greene proved to be a very good steal for the Hounds as he was selected 66th overall in the VHLM Dispersal Draft. In the regular season, he produced 27 goals and 20 assists in his 72 games played. He also added two points in the Hounds 5 playoff games. The slightly undersized centerman possesses great scoring and skating abilities that will translate to the VHL very well. He also prides himself on his faceoff ability, which is likely at the top of this class. Overall, Greene is a rock solid prospect and has been consistently developing throughout the season. He joins the immense Seattle Bears draft class at the end of the second. 

Awh damn I’ll make it next time.

@Sullvino when i told you to tag vsn subscriber, I meant on discord when you post it under #victory-sports-news, do the @vsnsubscriber, you don't have to tag VSN here. No big deal, just letting you know lol

On 6/24/2019 at 11:25 PM, Sullvino said:

2.01  – Seattle Bears - W|23 – L|40 – OTL|9 :sea:

On 6/24/2019 at 11:25 PM, Sullvino said:

Analysis: It's only fitting that we round out this second round mock draft with the Seattle Bears who will have selected seven players in the first two rounds after this pick. Seattle looks at their board and goes with the best available player here in Scott Greene of the Hounds; their third true center selected in this draft. Like Van Lagen, Greene proved to be a very good steal for the Hounds as he was selected 66th overall in the VHLM Dispersal Draft. In the regular season, he produced 27 goals and 20 assists in his 72 games played. He also added two points in the Hounds 5 playoff games. The slightly undersized centerman possesses great scoring and skating abilities that will translate to the VHL very well. He also prides himself on his faceoff ability, which is likely at the top of this class. Overall, Greene is a rock solid prospect and has been consistently developing throughout the season. He joins the immense Seattle Bears draft class at the end of the second

Why would Seattle get three centers if they would have Marleau, Kennedy, and Forest?