VSN - VHL Stars: A-Z Best Players (Part 2)

E: N/A

Surprisingly, no player this season in the VHL has a last name that starts with the letter E.

F: Julius Freeman

I only found 2 people in the VHL whose last names end with an F. Julius Freeman and Roll Fizzlebeef. Whilst Fizzlebeef wins in the better name category, Freeman is the one I’m choosing. Both Freeman, who is a left winger, and Fizzlebeef, who is a center, are decent forwards, but Freeman has the slightly better stats with 12 goals and 27 assists, making an okay total of 39 points. While Freeman might have low stats this season, he is a young player and I am excited to see how the second overall pick’s future will go.

G: Samuel Gate

It seems like players with last names starting with the letter G are always stars. In the NHL, you have players like Gaudreau, Gaborik, Giordano, Gallagher, as well as past greats like Gretzky, Gilmour, Geoffrion, and Gainey. And in the VHL, you have Gate, Glade, and maybe even rookie Glover. But the one who stands out in the VHL the most is defenseman Samuel Gate. Samuel has the most points out of all of the G-named players despite being a defenseman, even breaking the 90 point plateau with 93 points. Those points consist of 17 goals and 76 assists. Glade is a close second, also being a defenseman, but not having as much points as Gate.

H: Marvin Harding

Speaking of defenseman, the “H player” of this list is Marvin Harding. A great offensive defenseman, he leads all “H players” in points, with 71 points which consist of 14 goals and 57 assists. He is also among the Top 10 defenseman when it comes to points, proving his offensive prowess. His offensive prowess may come from his previous stint as a forward, but whether that is the reason behind his success or not, it's safe to say that the Dynamo are happy to have him on their team.