Khalabib Stiopic - from jungle to ice rink... [2/2]

An extraordinary story about a small, skinny boy that got to live his dreams far away from home. 

Childhood

It all started 19 years ago in Cocos Islands in Indian ocean, where a young women gave birth to a handsome child and named him Khalabib. Khalabib was never home - he enjoyed staying outside, especially at night, when he was looking for wildlife in the jungle. We all know that jungle comes alive at night and so did this young mans love for the beautiful game we call hockey. When young Stiopic was awake at night, he and his father turned on TV and suddenly he saw something that he had never seen before - an ice. Suddenly his face changed and he asked his father: "What is that?!?!" From that moment on he knew that he wanted to be a hockey player. But there was a small problem - he lived in an island that was so cloce to the Equator that the coldest days were +25 Celsius. As he was not able to play hockey, his dad got him rollerskates for his 7th birthday. As young Khalabib Stiopic started to attend to school, he sat next to a boy that was obbsessed with running. He could run for hours and hours and not get tired. This was a blessing in the sky - Khalabibs dad owned a large resort chain in Cocos islands, so both boys had a chance to do what they love - Khalabib could rollerskate around the streets in the resort and his friend could run. After couple of months his friend bought rollerskates as well and they changed their roles - now Khalabib was running. Both of them had hockey sticks  - Khalabib`s friend loved being a goalie. And only few know that Khalabib`s friend was Carter Hart. This is when both of them understood that they will do everything they can to become great hockey players. 

Canada

At age of 12, Khalabib`s dad offered his son a chance to move to Canada to pursue his dream to become a hockey player. Eventough it was hard, he believed that this is a sign from God and he has to take this chance because the second may never come around again. So at age 12 young Khalabib moved to Canada, to Edmonton. From day one he became a huge Oilers fan (which was not as fun as he thought it would be). Young Khalabib had problems in Canada - the cold weather. This man was used to living in tropical climate. But now in Canada it is cold, you come out of the apartment and all you can see is cars and large buildings. But after few months there Khalabib saw that Canada is a beautiful country that is diverse and even the cold in winter couldn`t stop Khalabib Stiopic from going out and exploring this beautiful country. 

Hockey and only hockey

From day one Khalabib was all in with his dream of playing hockey. The coaches saw a young talent that was fast as lightning and had a vision of an eagle. In his first year playing in Edmonton for U-14 team as a defender he had 17 goals and 53 assists in 34 games. He was outstanding and became the best player on the team in no time. But as the years went on, he started to show one of his weaknesses - his small frame was not able to keep up as well with other hockey players. He was still producing pints while playing with U-16 team, but now he had some difficulties defensively - when the puck was at the boards, he would get showed off of it very easily. After his second season Khalabib changed hi training regime - he was trying to go to the gym 4x a week, but those were the worst training days because he hated them. But after few weeks Khalabib discovered that he loves leg days. So he had an idea - if I can get my legs and hips really strong, I would not get easily thrown off the puck. So this young man prioritised leg days. As the next season came, his coaches were shocked - he was much stronger than before but still was light and fast. Ofcourse, he would still get bullied at the boards or in front of the net, but the opposition had to make great effort to get him moved. After this season, Khalabib had a chance to play with junior team. And he took that chance.

Showing signs of greatness

In 2014-2015 season Khalabib played with junior team. In the offseason he still trained the same as he did all the other years before. But now the men he ws playing against were less muscular but they had the thing called MAN POWER and they could get to Khalabib easily. But Khalabib was ready for this and he had a smart idea in mind. As they are much stronger, I can talk trash to them and when they get mad I can earn power play for my team. This was a good plan on paper. On ice, it was a bit different. Those strong players that had 30 pound advantage were veterans and knew when to hit or slash when referee was not able to see. So, he decided to do the same thing but when he was closer to refs. All I can say is that his startegy worked really well. But this strategy was really painful. But thats the player Khalabib Stiopic is - he will do anything for his team. 

Nightmare as an Oilers fan

In his first season with his Junior team, they won the cup. On 30th of June they decided to celebrate their victory. In 46 regular season games, Khalabib had 8 goals and 39 assists. In play offs - 3 goals and 7 assists in 16 games. As we all know, Oilers drafted Conor McDavid that year. That means that the boys had to celebrate that as well. But when Khalabib woke up the next morning he thought he was inside of a nightmare. The Oilers had signed Milan Lucic for 7 years carrying 6 million dollars. And this is the nightmare that hunts Khalabib till this day. He played for his Junior team for 3 more season until he was drafted in VHLM with 77 overall pick. In 4 seasons he played 149 games in regular season - 31 goals and 127 assists. In 29 play off games - 11 goals and 17 assists. 

Khalabib`s road to VHLM was not the easiest but he wanted to show that as long as you are willing to do everything it takes to make your dreams come true, it is possible. And hard work will always outwork the talent. Look out for this young man in the future because he is ready to show his best.

P.S. In real life I am not an Oilers fan. I am Sahrks fan. so I like to make fun of the Oilers. 

@VHLM GM @FrostBeard 

home.jpg

khalabib.jpg

Review: Woah that was something. For a guy who's Latvian your English is really good. The biography had some funny parts (especially that last part about the Oilers.) Nice to see a guy from that region definetely a 1st for me. I’m not sure if it’s my vision but the font zise is kind of small and you should put it on default or something. 6.8/10

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Khalabib Stiopic - from jungle to ice rink... [1/2]
9 hours ago, Big Mac said:

Review: Woah that was something. For a guy who's Latvian your English is really good. The biography had some funny parts (especially that last part about the Oilers.) Nice to see a guy from that region definetely a 1st for me. I’m not sure if it’s my vision but the font zise is kind of small and you should put it on default or something. 6.8/10

Thank you for reading it and giving some pointers on how to get better. It was really fun writing it. By looking at it now, font size should have been bigger. 

1 hour ago, SweetMike666 said:

Thank you for reading it and giving some pointers on how to get better. It was really fun writing it. By looking at it now, font size should have been bigger. 

100% I’ll be looking at some of at your new posts to help you out if needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Review #2

I could live with you being an Oilers Fan but now that you admitted you are a Sharks Fan I will have a hard time dealing with this fact. However, hate the individual teams and not the fans but the Shark Tank is not one of the friendliest places for opposing teams fans. That being said I enjoyed your Biography. It appears you had a hard long road to the VHLM/VHL and are destined for greatness. I suggest that your player gets pumped up in the Gym to not be outweighed so much and that your agent does the heavy lifting with point task like writing and such. Try to get every TPE available if you can and you will skyrocket in TPE in just a few short seasons! Hope to see you on the ice very soon and sorry if I run you into the boards... it's what I do!

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Khalabib Stiopic - from jungle to ice rink... [2/2]