S67 FUTURES Amateurs PC

Shaka

Futures.png&key=c9ac0c17e1447bc7c3d8ec4789137318b58aa01ad1b46e13cacb63e01d569d6f

SSN FUTURES - Amateur Press Conference  

Hello Draftees,

As part of SSN FUTURES coverage of your S67 VHL Draft, I'd like highlight all of you and get some general information about your VHLM season, your excitement heading into the draft and your thoughts on becoming a professional. This is completely voluntary, just a way to give you guys some much-deserved attention to kick off the off-season. With no further ado, here are my questions.

• How would you describe your VHLM experience?
  • How would you describe your play this season?
  • How would you describe your excitement leading up to the VHL Draft?
  • Around what pick range do you expect to go and why?
  • If you wanted General Managers to know one thing about you, what would it be?

I appreciate the time and effort anyone puts into answering these pressers. Thank you in advance and good luck to all of our draftees!

Thank you,

Shaka

Tagging the top 20 Earners:
@Phil @Rayzor_7 @Quik @11 Eleven @HulkHogan @Sullvino @FakeJenton @Victor @Acydburn @chillzone @Banackock @Tate @Motzaburger @Greg_Di @Savoire Faire @PenKnight @No_Dangles @fonziGG @Advantage @DoktorFunk

1 hour ago, Shaka said:

1)
My experience was great, I was fortunate enough to play on a great team with a lot of great players. We were always helping each other out and I hope to find that when I transition to the VHL.

2)
I think as a rookie I played very well. I finished 5th in save % and 5th in GAA which is good. I look forward to getting better and helping out whatever team picks me in the upcoming draft.

3)
One of the most exciting days for a hockey player, I look forward to taking part in all the draft festivities and looking forward to finding out where I will start and maybe even perhaps finish my career.

4)
From everything I have seen and heard I will probably be going at some point in the second round. I think I will be second round as goalies are unfortunately not a big need this season, so I can see a few goalies dropping into the 2nd / 3rd round.

5)
I would want them to know that I am always at the rink, always practicing and getting better. My goal is to be one of the top goalies in this league.

I'm just going to quickly state that I appreciate you setting this up. Anyways, on to the questions!

Incredible. I had an amazing time in Halifax. The Locker room was incredible and I wish nothing but the best to the rest of the guys on the team. We had some incredible times together and I can't thank them enough. Good luck guys!

I wasn't particularly proud of my play. I think I could've been better but unfortunately I wasn't but I know I can improve.

I'm so excited just to be apart of the festivities and to see which team I end up on. I'm excited for Wednesday.

I think I'll be in the 2nd round. I'm not sure though to be honest. Theres just so many deserved players in this draft. Who knows?!

I'm extremely determined. I want to come out firing and I want to show the league how incredible I can be.

3 hours ago, Shaka said:

First off I appreciate the attention as always.

My time in the VHLM was wonderful! I loved the atmosphere, the GMs were all great people and it was a great environment in the locker rooms! I hope to see a lot of the players (both teammates and competitors) in the VHL!

I had a very disappointing season in the VHLM. My statistics were in the dumps and I wish I could have done more to perform for Mississauga.  We should have been able to take Ottawa the distance but we could only muster 1 win against them.

It will be very exciting to see. I hope to watch it live and see my name called, it has been a dream of mine ever since being drafted to the VHLM . This draft is shaping up to be exciting considering the trades that have gone on, it could be a crazy night!

I expect to go in the first round. With a couple teams needing goalies I could go pretty early.

I am loyal if you will treat me right and want me to stay. Treat me wrong and I will spite you for my the rest of my career.

12 hours ago, Shaka said:

@Phil @Rayzor_7 @Quik @11 Eleven @HulkHogan @Sullvino @FakeJenton @Victor @Acydburn @chillzone @Banackock @Tate @Motzaburger @Greg_Di @Savoire Faire @PenKnight @No_Dangles @fonziGG @Advantage @DoktorFunk

1. My VHLM experience was amazing, I had the pleasure to play with some amazing future VHLers. Our GM and AGM were really awesome and very helpful when it came to figuring everything out.
  2. My play was better than what I expected coming into the league. I was hoping to be a contributor on my team but I think I ended up doing more than that and we made it into the playoffs. I definitely had some really great players to help me produce though.
  3. I'm really excited for the opportunity to play for one of these amazing teams. I kind of stay in the bubble of the team atmosphere so it'll be nice to branch out and meet some more of the people in the league.
  4. This is a tough one because I personally think I'm a high floor low ceiling kind of player. Likewise, although I'm not one of the top TP earners I certainly produced at a higher level than what you would expect given my TPE. I would say somewhere in the 10-20 range is where I'll fall. No way I crack top 10, there are simply too many great players this year and to say I would be top 10 would certainly be a disservice to them.
  5. I don't have a chip on my shoulder. I'm fine with playing on any line if that gives us the best opportunity to win.
Edited by No_Dangles

12 hours ago, Shaka said:

Futures.png&key=c9ac0c17e1447bc7c3d8ec4789137318b58aa01ad1b46e13cacb63e01d569d6f

SSN FUTURES - Amateur Press Conference  

Hello Draftees,

As part of SSN FUTURES coverage of your S67 VHL Draft, I'd like highlight all of you and get some general information about your VHLM season, your excitement heading into the draft and your thoughts on becoming a professional. This is completely voluntary, just a way to give you guys some much-deserved attention to kick off the off-season. With no further ado, here are my questions.

I appreciate the time and effort anyone puts into answering these pressers. Thank you in advance and good luck to all of our draftees!

Thank you,

Shaka

Well, thank you so much for the opportunity to answer these. Aside from the press conferences, I haven't had too much of a chance to answer questions for the media.

1. How would you describe your VHLM experience?

- Oh man, I had a really good time. I feel like, from a playing perspective, I didn't really hit my full potential until about halfway through the season. I did, however, have a wonderful experience meeting and working with the Hounds locker room. I had tons of support and plenty of laughs with those guys, and that's something I'm not likely to forget anytime soon. More than anything, this season and my time in the VHLM made me excited to play in the VHL! It's been my dream for a long time, and I can't wait.

2. How would you describe your play this season?

- My play, honestly, I would describe as middling. I wanted to put up more points, but it's tough when you're on a team with Callum McElroy and Cody Smith. Those guys are unbelievable. Enjoy your retirement, Callum! I had plenty of help from those guys, and guys like Berocka Sundqvist and my brother Hulk Hogan, so I really picked up in the middle of the season. I always felt confident in the faceoff circle, and my record in that regard speaks for itself. I'm interested to see how I play in the VHL. 

3. How would you describe your excitement leading up to the VHL Draft?

- I'm unbelievably excited. Wednesday can't come soon enough. I want to meet my new teammates and start building a legacy. I'm not looking forward to having to move out of Mississauga, but who knows? Hopefully I don't have to move far, I hate it.

4. Around what pick range do you expect to go and why?

- I 100% expect to go in the second round. I honestly have no idea, but I'm not going to be a top 10 guy.

5. If you wanted General Managers to know one thing about you, what would it be?

- I'm a very hard worker who takes constructive criticism very well. I'm looking to win and want to do so in an environment where everyone is having fun and everyone cares about what they're doing here. I'm planning on playing for a while and want to really find a place to call home in the VHL!

• Commissioner

How would you describe your VHLM experience?

- So far my experience has been great, there a few trolls/rotten apples and your occasional Doug in the mix but overall it's been good. 

How would you describe your play this season?

- The season was good, we didn't have the outcome we would have liked but overall it was a success.

How would you describe your excitement leading up to the VHL Draft?

- Im excited but in the sense that I know it's coming and want to have it over with. Not quite sure where i'm going to end up in the rankings. I'm figuring I'm going to slip to the second or third round. 

Around what pick range do you expect to go and why?

- I think im going to slip to the second or third round due to positional needs. 

If you wanted General Managers to know one thing about you, what would it be?

- I've been pretty honest with the GM's that have reached out to me so I wouldn't say there is something they don't already know. 

Edited by Acydburn

15 hours ago, Shaka said:
  • If you wanted General Managers to know one thing about you, what would it be

1) My VHLM experience has been great. Ottawa was a great team to play for this season, definitely had a good group of guys. Unfortunately we came up short of our championship goal

2) My personal play was fantastic in my opinion. We were a high scoring team and I benefited from that by putting up 100 points. 

3) I'm very excited - something I've been looking forward to for some time now. It's going to be great to hear my name called on draft night

4) I think I have potential to go Top-5 based on some conversations with management

5) You are going to get a hard worker and someone who wants to be great 

How would you describe your VHLM experience?

So far I'd have to say it's been pretty great. This is my first time on any type of simulation/forum based league so I didn't really know what to expect. But the guys around the league are awesome and do a good job at keeping things interesting. I definitely look forward to hopping on here each day.

How would you describe your play this season?

I came in with the idea of building a very defensively focused defenseman, but along the way things changed and my team needed a little more offensive production so I started developing my players offensive skills, and I payed off as I was able to rack up a decent amount of points this season. I would say overall my player is a defensively sound D-Man but can also attack the offensive zone if need be

How would you describe your excitement leading up to the VHL Draft?

Oh I am crazy excited for this upcoming draft, there are a ton of talented guys up for grabs this year and I believe I am one of them. It will be exciting to see where everyone ends up.

Around what pick range do you expect to go and why?

Looking at my TPE compared to the other players I would like to think I am a top 10 pick on everyone's draft board, but it would be a nice surprise to see me squeak into the top 5.

If you wanted General Managers to know one thing about you, what would it be?

I guess it would be that I have been very active my short time that I have been here and I don't see that slowing down any time soon. I also understand the role's that each player has for a team so coming in fresh I know that I have a role to play and don't expect anything other than being able to contribute.

On 6/29/2019 at 6:54 PM, Shaka said:
  1. How would you describe your VHLM experience?
  2. How would you describe your play this season?
  3. How would you describe your excitement leading up to the VHL Draft?
  4. Around what pick range do you expect to go and why?
  5. If you wanted General Managers to know one thing about you, what would it be?

*6. What inspired your player's name?

1. Overall it was a fantastic experience. Great GM, great players, great locker room talk and a good run for a brand new team. Nothing but the best for MEX in the future. 
  2. I think it started off slow and I was a RW. I switched to C and everything changed. I find my footing and started scoring a lot and getting those assists. Especially on the PP is when I was clicking the most. Finished very strong. 
  3. I am excited to see where I land. Right now I am not thinking about it too much and I know I will probably be on a different team than my colleagues from Mexico. Would have been nice to stay with all them but who knows that is still a possibility.
  4. I am hoping for top 10. I have worked hard and will continue to work hard to be the best VHL player that ever hit the simulation ice. MGS is an all-American hockey machine and will be the next Gretzky of simulation leagues. 
  5. My dream is too be better than everyone. Cause I hate everyone. And I want to be better than them and I want them to know that.
  6. The best damn paper salesman in the whole wide world. And the best manager.